HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Highrise & Supertall Proposals

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1  
Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 6:02 PM
CIA CIA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,163
Talking JERSEY CITY | 560 & 580 Marin Blvd | ??? FT | 57 + 59 FLOORS

27. Case: P17-025 Preliminary and Final Major Site Plan
Applicant: The Fourteen Florence Street Corp
Review Planner: Matt Ward
Attorney: Charles Harrington
Address: 560 & 580 Marin Blvd and 130-150 12th Street
Block: 8901 Lot: 1 and 2
Block: 7201 Lot: 1
Zone: Newport Redevelopment Plan
Description: Proposed construction of two mixed-use high-rise towers (57 and 59 stories) with a total
of 750 dwelling units, 240,000 square feet of non-residential uses, 1,098 off-street
parking spaces, road widening of Marin Boulevard and other right-of-way improvements.

This is located right next to the Home Depot, north of the Holland Tunnel Toll Plaza.



This is site number 195 on the downtown development map. http://data.jerseycitynj.gov/dataset...ments-7.6..pdf

580 Marin Blvd - 57 stories - 367 units
560 Marin Blvd - 59 stories - 383 units
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2  
Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 6:22 PM
CIA CIA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,163
The site was just commissioned for Jersey City's largest mural to date. Oh well.

https://jerseydigs.com/jersey-city-m...l-biggest-yet/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3  
Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 11:33 PM
citybooster citybooster is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
The site was just commissioned for Jersey City's largest mural to date. Oh well.

https://jerseydigs.com/jersey-city-m...l-biggest-yet/
They created a very interesting mural in the last days of Pep Boys back of that property, so until these bad boys are ready will make for another creative fill in.

I'm so-oo-ooo--oo excited about these towers... maybe 650 and 700 ft if they really want to be daring!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4  
Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 11:35 PM
chris08876's Avatar
chris08876 chris08876 is offline
D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, TAAR1
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Jersey - Somerset County
Posts: 19,008
Great news. Continuing the JC trend of 2 tower developments. 2 for 1 package.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5  
Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 11:36 PM
chris08876's Avatar
chris08876 chris08876 is offline
D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, TAAR1
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Jersey - Somerset County
Posts: 19,008
Quote:
This is located right next to the Home Depot, north of the Holland Tunnel Toll Plaza.
Was just there the other day (home depot) picking up rivets. Will aid the dramatic view heading into the Holland.

And 750 units or so... big development for any city really. People might be surprised when looking at the units coming online or in the pipeline for JC. Rivals most really big cities in the U.S..
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6  
Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 4:42 PM
CIA CIA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,163
I always laugh at suburbanites that look at a 60 floor building and claim oversupply. Yet a new subdivision or two may occur on the fringes of a suburban town and no one things anything of it.

These structures are about 300 units each. Jersey City is easily absorbing 300+ apartment units monthly due to a rising population. This one 60 story tower represents a one month supply. An average subdivision may be a couple hundred homes. Yet no issues when those are being built. It's only an oversupply if it's contained in a tall, single building.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7  
Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 1:33 PM
CIA CIA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,163
LOL

Approved Tuesday night with little fanfare. I would have thought this would have been controversial.

Last edited by CIA; Aug 17, 2017 at 1:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8  
Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 11:18 PM
chris08876's Avatar
chris08876 chris08876 is offline
D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, TAAR1
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Jersey - Somerset County
Posts: 19,008
I wonder what the height is?

Maybe both towers will top 700 ft mark.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 3:28 PM
limak116 limak116 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 31
Has anyone seen any renders for this? Really curious what it will look like.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 10:47 PM
chris08876's Avatar
chris08876 chris08876 is offline
D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, TAAR1
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Jersey - Somerset County
Posts: 19,008
^^^^^

New Details, Rendering Released for Two Tower Project Near Holland Tunnel



Quote:
A rendering has been released for the now-approved, two-tower mega-project just outside the Holland Tunnel in downtown Jersey City.

The project, which will bring 750 residential units, along with ‘240,000 square feet of nonresidential uses’ and 1,098 parking spaces to the site was approved, ‘with conditions’, by Jersey City’s Planning Board during their August 15th meeting.

The rendering shows the outbound lanes of the Holland Tunnel along 12th Street, with the 57 and 59-story glass-sheathed high-rises towering overhead.

This site is directly east of Home Depot and will replace the brick industrial building which is currently used by the Mecca and Sons Trucking Company. The building’s western wall is now home to New Jersey largest mural, painted by Distort, and facilitated by Green Villain and the Jersey City Mural Arts Program.

The Hamilton Park Neighborhood Association raises concerns regarding the project’s lack of green space and mass transit access options. The association is requesting the Planning Board conduct a traffic study to better understand how the project will impact traffic in the area.

No variances or deviations were requested or required for approval. Nor have any abatements been decided at this stage.
======================
https://jerseydigs.com/jersey-city-d...ering-details/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 2:16 AM
nylkoorB's Avatar
nylkoorB nylkoorB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: The best borough
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
I always laugh at suburbanites that look at a 60 floor building and claim oversupply. Yet a new subdivision or two may occur on the fringes of a suburban town and no one things anything of it.

These structures are about 300 units each. Jersey City is easily absorbing 300+ apartment units monthly due to a rising population. This one 60 story tower represents a one month supply. An average subdivision may be a couple hundred homes. Yet no issues when those are being built. It's only an oversupply if it's contained in a tall, single building.
Jersey City will soon surpass its peak population at this rate
__________________
"NEW YORK: The Nation's Thyroid Gland" — Christopher Morley
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 2:57 PM
jayden jayden is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: JERSEY
Posts: 374
That's a nice location for those towers.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 3:09 PM
Zerton's Avatar
Zerton Zerton is offline
Ω
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,678
Damn those look tall. Tall one looks at least 700'.
__________________
If all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed, if all records told the same tale, then the lie passed into history and became truth. -Orwell
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 3:22 PM
CIA CIA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,163
So this one was apparently controversial at the planning board meeting. It was a very narrow vote for approval, 5/4 or something. I wish I could have been there to hear the arguments for and against.

That area of town sucks, seen by most as nothing more than wasteland a car must traverse when entering NYC. These towers will help reclaim some of the lands as Jersey City and should help bring additional investment to the area. I don't know how a PATH connection would work, but anything north of the Holland Tunnel is going to need major pedestrian and transit improvements and these towers could be the catalyst.

Density is much more important to me than height. There is nothing wrong with tall buildings, but I would love to see more encouragement of midrise buildings to create a more urban setting. SOmething like this:


Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 4:28 PM
nylkoorB's Avatar
nylkoorB nylkoorB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: The best borough
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
So this one was apparently controversial at the planning board meeting. It was a very narrow vote for approval, 5/4 or something. I wish I could have been there to hear the arguments for and against.

That area of town sucks, seen by most as nothing more than wasteland a car must traverse when entering NYC. These towers will help reclaim some of the lands as Jersey City and should help bring additional investment to the area. I don't know how a PATH connection would work, but anything north of the Holland Tunnel is going to need major pedestrian and transit improvements and these towers could be the catalyst.

Density is much more important to me than height. There is nothing wrong with tall buildings, but I would love to see more encouragement of midrise buildings to create a more urban setting. SOmething like this:
I was just about to say something about this. Who would want to live at the base of the Holland tunnel like that, on the NJ side? where that immediate area around the tunnel is very unwalkable. I'm sure the building will be very nice and the views will surely be stunning though. JC has come a really long way from when I was growing up, but at the same time they still have a lot of work to do. Their skyline is looking amazing lately, but they particularly need to work on the street level density in a lot of areas. There are other walkable areas in JC, so I know they can do it.
__________________
"NEW YORK: The Nation's Thyroid Gland" — Christopher Morley
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Highrise & Supertall Proposals
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:49 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.