HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Parc Stamford in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Stamford Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted May 16, 2007, 2:05 PM
New Yorker for life

STAMFORD, CT | Trump Parc | 350 FT / 107 M | 35 FLOORS

http://trumpparcstamford.com/

christinatracy.com

http://www.globest.com/news/907_907/.../160674-1.html
May 16, 2007

$160M Trump Parc Project Breaks Ground

By John Jordan

STAMFORD, CT-After a somewhat arduous approval process in which the project’s original design was turned down, developers Donald Trump, Louis Cappelli and Stamford’s own Thomas Rich broke ground Tuesday on the $160-million Trump Parc Stamford condominium development here. Although construction will not begin in earnest for about a month or so, the three developers held a groundbreaking ceremony for the first branded luxury condominium complex in the Downtown district.

The 34-story high rise will feature 170 condominium residences in what will be Stamford’s tallest building. The city had turned down the project’s original design, which called for approximately 40 stories in building height and 185 units.

The building is designed by architects Costas Kondylis and the Lessard Group. Residences will be priced from $670,000 for a one-bedroom unit to more than $3 million for duplex penthouse residences. [u]The property will also feature a 24-hour concierge/doorman, landscaped terrace, an indoor swimming pool, a full-service health club, a wireless lounge, billiards and screening rooms, a rooftop private observation deck and a “car spa.” There will also be approximately 3,000 sf of restaurant space on the ground floor of the building. Construction on the development is expected to be completed in about two years.

Stamford Mayor Dannel Malloy says of the project, “Today is a great day for our city as we celebrate the groundbreaking for this world-class residential tower. Trump Parc Stamford will bring new excitement to our vibrant downtown and further enhance Stamford’s reputation as one of the nation’s premier small cities.”

The mayor also notes that Stamford is becoming known worldwide as a prime location for financial service firms and noted that the city is in discussions with several other “players in the international monetary community” to possibly locate operations in the city.

“Downtown Stamford is well on its way to having one of the most dynamic downtowns on the Long Island shore and Trump Parc Stamford will bring it to the next level,” Trump says. “I expect we will sell out very quickly.” Officials with the developers note that the project has already generated a waiting list of more than 220 prospective buyers.

“For all of us who love the city and who have been involved in its renewal, today represents another giant step forward in the city’s four decades long revitalization effort,” says Rich, who is president of locally based FD Rich Co. “I’ve personally been involved in that effort for the last 30 years and it is truly amazing to witness the transformation that has taken place. The vitality and diversity of offerings that are available from the movies to the performing arts, to the University of Connecticut and the scores of restaurants, it really is fantastic.”

Cappelli, president of Cappelli Enterprises of Valhalla, NY who is partnering with Trump on high-rise luxury condominium projects in White Plains and New Rochelle, NY, says that for years he was impressed with the redevelopment efforts that have taken place in Downtown Stamford and how the city has attracted a host of major financial services firms to the downtown district. “This is going to be a signature building for the city, the county and the state,” he notes.

Cappelli and Rich are partnering on the Residences at Ritz-Carlton, Stamford, which should break ground in the fall at a Downtown site now occupied by the Stamford Post Office. The project calls for a 150-room Ritz-Carlton, its first property in Connecticut, flanked by two 39-story luxury condominium tower buildings containing 289 residences.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 16, 2007, 2:12 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.thestamfordtimes.com/stam...8483625004.php

'Donald you're hired' says Stamford to the developer

Donald Trump waits to be introduced by Rita Crosby at the ground breaking ceremony for his new luxury high rise Trump Parc in Stamford. Photo by Alex von Kleydorff

By AMANDA PINTO

STAMFORD — As Thomas Rich stood before the crowd gathered at Tuesday's Trump Parc Stamford groundbreaking, he offered a joke to the man many had gathered to see.

"Donald, you're hired," he told the well-known executive and entrepreneur.

Rich, the president of major Stamford development firm F.D. Rich Company, and Louis Cappelli, president of New York developer Cappelli Enterprises, partnered with Trump to create a 350-foot-tall Broad Street condominium building.

Surging interest in the $160 million luxury high-rise structure caused the team to consider building more projects in Stamford and the surrounding areas, Trump and Rich told reporters after the groundbreaking ceremony.

Trump said impressive market conditions drew him to build the state's first Trump-branded residence in Stamford.

"We have a great location in Stamford," he said. "Stamford is a very, very hot area, we've been looking at it for a long time."

Trump Parc will accelerate the already booming development initiatives in Stamford, Trump said.

"I love Connecticut and what I've seen in Stamford over the years has been almost a miracle what's happened," Trump said of recent city growth.

Trump's connection with the project — which will include 170 luxury residences priced between $670,000 and $3 million — has been instrumental in its success, Cappelli said.

The high-powered mogul has been dedicated to the project, Cappelli said.

"Everything is done on the golf course, the deals are done on a handshake, he's a man of his word," he said. "He remembers everything, especially if it goes in his direction."

Hard work — and Trump branding — have yielded a Trump Parc waiting list bearing more than 200 names.

"At the end of the day it's that Trump name that draws people to the project," Cappelli said.

The luxury associated with that name — Trump Parc will include a 24-hour concierge, indoor swimming pool, health club, and rooftop observation deck — represents a positive step for the city, Rich said.

"This project tops the list as far as the size and scope of the public benefit generated from it," he said.

Mayor Dannel Malloy said projects like Trump's help put Stamford's development in the same category as major cities like London and Manhattan.

"I've enjoyed every day as mayor, but there are special days that shine," he said. "This day, the groundbreaking of this iconic building is one of them."

The building, which will be Stamford's tallest, was initially planned to be taller before it was rejected by the city, Trump said, playfully urging Malloy to reconsider and increase the building's height.

He told audience members they would appreciate the beauty and presence of the structure upon its completion.

"I can only say in two years, you'll look at this building and say, 'aren't we glad we allowed this to happen,'" Trump said. "It's going to be a great, great building."

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 18, 2007, 5:38 AM
low-riding

Wow! I had given up on this thinking it dead. Stamford had a hell opf a boom in the 80s and won many fortune 500 headquarters then by mid 90s had calmed down. i was waiting for it jump in the game like nearby White Plains and New Rochelle have. Right now stamford has a major redevelopment of the downtown shopping mall and some office tower on Washington Blvd by the highway that I still don't know what it is. This new development is fantastic!!

Old Posted May 18, 2007, 11:51 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
Wow! I had given up on this thinking it dead. Stamford had a hell opf a boom in the 80s and won many fortune 500 headquarters then by mid 90s had calmed down. i was waiting for it jump in the game like nearby White Plains and New Rochelle have. Right now stamford has a major redevelopment of the downtown shopping mall and some office tower on Washington Blvd by the highway that I still don't know what it is. This new development is fantastic!!
We'll be waiting for your pics...

But Stamford is also one of the reasons White Plains will most likely approve Cappelli's office project there...

Quote:
Mayor Joseph Delfino, who has presided over the city during the transformation Cappelli helped launch and worked with him on the Station Plaza proposal before it was presented to the council last night, said the offices are a logical next step for White Plains.

"I think we've done everything else here, from housing to great retail," Delfino said. "Stamford is getting an influx of new office space and we have none here. To bring in office buildings into White Plains would be the right thing to do."

Old Posted Nov 23, 2007, 6:44 PM
You never sausage a place

Construction as of 23 Nov 2007:

Old Posted Nov 23, 2007, 6:46 PM

This thread should be moved to the u/c section

Old Posted Nov 23, 2007, 7:26 PM
(Middle-Island)

Great edition to that skyline in which the current tallest stands at 285ft. Beautiful building that will be noticeable from the north shore here. We need balance from those behemoths that have rising on the western edge of the Sound in New Rochelle.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2007, 8:10 PM

Great tower, but shame the developer looks (and acts) like an ass-clown.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 8:06 PM

Here are updated construction photos for this tower, Stamford's tallest-to-be. Pics are from today, March 11, 2008

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 9:12 PM
Everywhere all at once

MMMM construction in Connecticut makes me happy. It's refreshing and signals to me a comeback of the cities in this state.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 12:39 PM
Tribune in all her glory.

Looks spiffy!

Old Posted Apr 12, 2008, 9:14 PM

Some updates from today, April 12, 2008. Construction has now reached the 13th floor.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2008, 12:57 PM

As a bonus (in case anyone cares about this suburban ghetto), here is a pic of Highgrove, an 18-story elite condo high-rise on Forest Street in Stamford. This one has taken forever to get out of the ground.

Old Posted May 12, 2008, 5:17 PM
low-riding

HIGHGROVE?? Its about time. Now all we need is the atlantic/ tresser tower to be built. they cleared out the businesses but never tore down the one story row of stores. and ofcourse the greyrock pit across from the mall. that pits been there since i was a kid. i cannot understand why no one wants it. its a huge tract of land in the dead middle of the city.

Sucks about your name. I wanted CT place too. that spot would have been great for a 350 footer. i know they are building a mid rise there now for another company. do you happen to have any pics. I don't go up that way nearly as much as i used to.

Old Posted May 23, 2008, 1:36 AM

I work one block from Trump's new building. It is going up fast. I took some shots with my cam-phone, I'll upload in a bit.

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
HIGHGROVE?? Its about time. Now all we need is the atlantic/ tresser tower to be built. they cleared out the businesses but never tore down the one story row of stores. and ofcourse the greyrock pit across from the mall. that pits been there since i was a kid. i cannot understand why no one wants it. its a huge tract of land in the dead middle of the city.

Sucks about your name. I wanted CT place too. that spot would have been great for a 350 footer. i know they are building a mid rise there now for another company. do you happen to have any pics. I don't go up that way nearly as much as i used to.
As for Atlantic/Tresser, the strip mall at the SW corner was demolished last month. The last time I was there, which was probably more than 3 weeks ago, all that was left of the site was the floor of the basement level (which was a garage, and you could even spot the parking-lane markers).

Whether or not Atlantic/Tresser becomes another hole in the ground only time will tell. The plans to build 2 40-story towers including Ritz Carlton hotel are a little too ambitious for Stamford, I think, though an identical project has been built in White Plains, NY.

CT Place would have been great for that site, but what we got instead was a 12-story office building for Scottish bank. RBS is definitely too short for that site, just like Trump Parc is too tall for its site. But then again, they could never build a luxury residential right next to the freeway.

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 12:01 AM

link: http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/ci_9355314
Quote:
Driver injured as metal falls from Trump Parc
By Jeff Morganteen
Staff Writer
Article Launched: 05/23/2008 01:00:00 AM EDT

STAMFORD - A 10-pound piece of metal fell 25 stories from the Trump Parc construction site Wednesday morning, ripping through a truck's cab and striking the driver in the right shoulder, police said.

The piece of construction material left a 6-inch-wide hole of mangled metal and torn insulation in the middle of the Crystal Rock water delivery truck's roof.

The driver, a 34-year-old Monroe man, suffered minor injuries.

He was waiting at a red light on Broad Street, about to turn left onto Washington Boulevard at about 7:30 a.m., when the metal smashed through the truck, police said.

"A foot more to the left and it would have hit him in the head," said Rick Macari, location manager at the Crystal Rock office on Long Ridge Road. "The important thing is he's OK."

The driver was treated and released from Stamford Hospital three hours later, according to police spokesman Lt. Sean Cooney.

"He's lucky to be alive," Cooney said. Police and Macari would not provide the driver's name.

A compliance officer from the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been investigating the accident since shortly after it occurred, said Robert Kowalski, area director of the administration's Bridgeport office.

Kowalski said he could not provide details about the accident's cause because it is still under investigation.

Trump Parc, the 34-story glass-and-steel tower at Broad Street and Washington Boulevard, will house 170 luxury condominium units; it has been under construction since last May.

F.D. Rich Co., one of the building's owners and developers, did not return phone calls seeking comment.

An official from the tower's builder, George A. Fuller Co., said the company is looking into the incident and still awaiting details from its own investigation, said Chief Operating Officer Paul Slaney.

Mayor Dannel Malloy, who in March called for more construction safety after a crane collapsed in New York City, said the city will aid Occupational
Safety and Health Administration investigators if needed.

"Hopefully, the contractor is sitting down with the supervisor and having some major discussions about this," Malloy said.

The fallen object appeared to be a piece of bracing used when construction crews pour concrete, Cooney said.

Similar objects were found caught in the construction site's safety net, Cooney said, but one must have fallen through or missed the net.

"It's par for the course for the smaller pieces of debris," Cooney said. "Little pieces come off, but nothing that would cause any damage. This is the first incident of this degree that I'm aware of."

After the driver was hit by the object, he approached a police officer directing traffic at the site, who saw the hole in the truck's cab, Cooney said.

Macari said he saw the oblong metal object on the cab's floor when he visited the accident.

"Something like this you never expect to happen to you," said Macari, who visited the accident Wednesday morning. "What are the odds?"

Old Posted Jun 1, 2008, 3:30 AM

May 31: Construction has reached ~28th floor (out of a total of 34)

(the white building on the right is the public library)

garage base

Old Posted Jun 1, 2008, 4:22 PM
low-riding

awesome. it should be matching 1 Landmark SQ right about now for the city tallest title

Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 1:42 PM

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/ci_9509478?IADID
Quote:
Object falls at the site of Trump Parc
By Monica Potts
Staff Writer
Article Launched: 06/07/2008 01:00:00 AM EDT

STAMFORD - For the second time in two weeks, an object fell yesterday from the Trump Parc construction site and struck a vehicle, police said.

A 3-foot-long piece of cable about a half-inch in diameter fell from the 29th floor, said Lt. Sean Cooney, a city police spokesman.

Cooney said the object hit the back of a VW Jetta occupied by an unidentified Greenwich man at about 2:50 p.m. The driver was not injured, but the car's roof caved in, and its rear and side windows shattered on impact, he said.

Stamford Mayor Dannel Malloy said he will speak with the city engineer, the building department and those in charge of construction at the Trump Parc site.

"We're going to have to sit down with these folks, maybe close the job, until we get some level of satisfaction about these procedures," he said. "A second incident in a short period of time tells me people are being reckless."

Malloy said the city notified the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration. He said he would review what actions the city could take this weekend.

Construction of the 34-story, 170-unit tower on Washington Boulevard and Broad Street began last year. The building is to be completed next summer.

Cooney said the Police Department will work with the other agencies to ensure safety measures were taken.

"It's a very busy street, and it's a very large building," he said. "The building itself is very close to the street. There's quite a lot of vehicular traffic, and there's quite a lot of pedestrian traffic."

Paul Slaney, chief operating officer of George A. Fuller Co., the tower's builder, said the reason the object fell has not been determined.

On May 23, a 10-pound piece of metal fell 25 stories, hitting a Crystal Rock water delivery truck, injuring its 34-year-old driver.

The metal went through the truck's cab and struck the driver in his right shoulder.

Robert Kowalski, the area director of OSHA's office in Bridgeport, said the investigation into that incident remained open.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive