HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Aug 10, 2006, 1:04 AM

i did send an email to the developer about the foundation and he said they need tol augment the caissons from the Meridian building to support the new footprint. Normally if they were staring from scratch on a foundation it could take 6 or 7 months before and steel structure would emerge about the street,

Old Posted Aug 25, 2006, 2:40 PM

the RATR site is a beehive of activity, this morning

Old Posted Sep 8, 2006, 2:11 AM

I've seen RATR listed as a center city casualty in at least 2 sources---anyone know if that is true? I haven't seen much going on last couple of times by it...

Old Posted Sep 8, 2006, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm1956
I've seen RATR listed as a center city casualty in at least 2 sources---anyone know if that is true? I haven't seen much going on last couple of times by it...
I sure hope not...this is my favorite UC building in the city after Comcast...

Old Posted Sep 8, 2006, 11:48 AM
Register This

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm1956
Can you link us to your sources? It's neighbor has been kicked to the curb for the time being, but I thought this one was a go...

Edit: Hold up, weren't you the one saying Murano was going to be cancelled a couple months ago? Hmmm...

Last edited by looper121; Sep 8, 2006 at 12:02 PM.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2006, 3:48 PM

This morning, there was a great deal of work being done at the site, so I doubt the status of this building has changed. Things slowed down a bit with all the rain we had recently, but they've been hard at work since.

I'll try to post another picture this evening when I get home from work.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2006, 3:46 PM
Western Suburbs

Second sighting...

A great deal of work being done this morning...again, it seems mostly underground.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2006, 10:28 PM
I Couldn't Tell Anyone

Yes folks, most of the work that's been underway thus far has been below where we can see - shoring the foundations and such. This project is quite alive.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2006, 11:07 AM

I've seen it listed as being cancelled in a couple rundown articles in the inqy I believe, but I've always assumed it was actually a confused reporter because 1441 wasn't listed either time and I just figured they mistook the one project for the other.

And for the 2nd time, SPM, for those of you not on phillyblog, is a respected and credible poster who is ragingly pro-development and whose qualifications far exceed anyone elses here. He is at the very least far better connected than anyone else here.

And no, I'm not SPM, nor have I ever met him.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2006, 4:56 PM

Well you seem to really really like him.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2006, 5:35 PM
Monomania w/ Skyscrapers

Someone's got a lil crush.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2006, 5:42 PM
Corporate logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja
[snip] And for the 2nd time, SPM, for those of you not on phillyblog, is a respected and credible poster who is ragingly pro-development and whose qualifications far exceed anyone elses here. He is at the very least far better connected than anyone else here.

And no, I'm not SPM, nor have I ever met him.
Yeah, but wasn't SPM dead wrong on his Murano prediction? I'm sure he is very credible, but until something official comes out regarding R@TRC, we should assume it is still under construction. I just took a stroll passed it, and it looked like it was still moving ahead.

Sorry, I don't mean to piss off the SPM Fan Club. I'm sure he's a fine feller.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2006, 10:01 PM
I Couldn't Tell Anyone

The general rule of thumb is to keep rumors off the table unless and until there's something to verify it - a newspaper article or what have you. The Murano thing was a bust but that's in the past. It would be good for all of us to try to do that.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2006, 11:34 PM

Again, I've never met him. Just exchanged a few posts over the last few years. I do know a little about his background - through other posters on Phillyblog - and because of that I know that if he's posting something like a rumor it is because it is indeed something that is being said on the inside of things.

Many of you aren't on the blog, and many of you are, and as such there's a weird paradox on this board wherein it seems to be largely a continuation of the blog and yet at the same time it isn't at all.

To see someone who is as rabidly pro-development as SPM (go to phillyblog and read his posts if need be) being accused of spreading maliciously unsubstantiated rumors around is a tad odd.

I spoke up for him here because I know how good his info generally is. I'd really wish he'd post more of it.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2006, 1:03 AM

Well, I guess I'll have to step in and defend mja, who is obviously a smart poster!!!

We all went over the "rumor" story in philly-blog---and I THOUGHT that everyone generally agreed that using the BLOG to check out rumors is a legit use.....especially when they are posted as rumors we've heard. VZ has excellent sources, but I don't know why he suggests can't ask about rumors.

The Murano-death story (which forced Swinefeld to drop me from his skyscraper xmas card list---put me back on----I AM a fine feller!!) did turn out to be bad info---but I can tell you I heard it from someone right in line over there. (so what if he was sleeping on the opposite corner!!!)

And mja is right--I DID see the RATR on the death list in a story--I think it was Inga's ----

And mja is also right on one other thing---I may well be the MOST PRO DEVELOPMENT person on this blog or in this city or on this planet! (that just means I'm more nuts, I guess, but I am also very pro Philadelphia)---I'm NOT someone who loves to bear bad tidings, nor to predict 27 of the next 2 downturns....

but as I've noted before, and in places other than these blogs, real estate investment cycles come and then the window SLAMS shut for a long time.

I like this blog because I learn a ton from it, and the pictures and info are excellent. Swine, VZ, El, Malloy---even Phillyskyline and the rest of this gang should all be making policy here in this city!!

Old Posted Sep 20, 2006, 1:01 AM

ok ok---does anyone have a picture of the latest RATR construction?

Old Posted Sep 30, 2006, 1:35 AM

One of the many recent ads,
..bump the thread up from the 3rd page, hopefully some real updates soon

http://newspaperads.philly.com/rop/a...x?advid=265302

Old Posted Sep 30, 2006, 2:04 AM

thanks will

Old Posted Sep 30, 2006, 6:23 PM

it hasn't risen above the basement/foundation part yet, has it?

Old Posted Sep 30, 2006, 9:20 PM
I Couldn't Tell Anyone

No, nothing has come out of the ground yet.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive