HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto

Old Posted Apr 30, 2014, 6:03 AM
3 letters: TOD - Transit Oriented Development.

If they build high density residences near existing and future transit corridors, then, the cost of those lines become worth it.

In a way, it is a way to reduce the urban sprawl. Without it, there would be much more development in the suburbs.
Old Posted May 1, 2014, 6:34 AM
The New Republic
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
But from what I see in future planned renders, Toronto seems intoxicated with height and design daring that goes to the limits. I think I'm thinking of the Theatre District in this case.
Design daring and height are the 2 qualities Toronto is lacking imo. It's quantity and common place design that rules the day here. Those Mirvish-Gehry triplets represent the first experimentation with something truly special. We need a lot more of that, not less of it.

Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
Love Toronto, want to see it get ever better, but please don't overdo it, is really what I'm saying.
Perhaps those in search of a toned down city can move to Vancouver while Toronto can get on with the job of morphing into a mega city. Can we not have one place in this big country that's a sensory overload bursting at the seams with life and energy? Let the metropolis be a metropolis.
World's First Documented Baseball Game: Beachville, Ontario, June 4th, 1838.
World's First Documented Gridiron Game: University College, Toronto, November 9th, 1861.
Hamilton Tiger-Cats since 1869 & Toronto Argonauts since 1873: North America's 2 oldest pro football teams

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto