HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto

Old Posted Nov 4, 2016, 2:40 AM
Mr president

Quote:
Originally Posted by koops65 View Post
You seem to have zero interest in any structure older than 10-15 years... also, what you call ugly and repetitive, I find to be a lovely mix of old and new, ugly and pretty, simple and brutal... exactly what you might find in any city a few centuries old... I wouldn't want the whole thing to be new and modern and shiny... a city needs some grit here and there.
I love what is old ,but i have a condition.The old building must have a style.
There is some that do it well.The Royal York hotel,commerce court north,Casa Loma,old city hall ,Union station or flatiron make our history.I will be angry if one of this building should be destroyed.Honestly most building on yonge street are not special at all.Just ugly rectangualr building that deserve rejuvenation.
Thank for your time and comprehension.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 4:34 PM

That skyworld proposal looks hideous as does the Miami proposal although the street level seems alright. And the proposal in LA, how does the tower of that one differ from anything else built here in Toronto? It looks like the same style of architecture. Also Toronto is beautiful and gritty and feels urban unlike Miami and Los Angeles, take it from someone from outside of Toronto. The only people who ever seem to hate on Toronto are Torontonians themselves and old stock Canadians from outside Toronto, the rest of the world finds Toronto to be a fantastic city.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2016, 8:09 PM
Mr president

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo3000 View Post
That skyworld proposal looks hideous as does the Miami proposal although the street level seems alright. And the proposal in LA, how does the tower of that one differ from anything else built here in Toronto? It looks like the same style of architecture. Also Toronto is beautiful and gritty and feels urban unlike Miami and Los Angeles, take it from someone from outside of Toronto. The only people who ever seem to hate on Toronto are Torontonians themselves and old stock Canadians from outside Toronto, the rest of the world finds Toronto to be a fantastic city.

Toronto is far to be a perfect city you know.Toronto has low crime rate.stable politic climate and no war.In this field,Toronto is great.I will show you the Miami and Los Angeles skyline.

[IMG]https://c3.staticflickr.com/9/8438/29830568562_bb92fbf1e7_o.jpg[/IMG
]

Miami skyline building are not the same at all unlike in Toronto. And ,in Miami,the there is a vibrancy and a culture of life.

Los Angeles has pretty and ugly district like all cities in the world.Toronto has a lower crime rate than LA AND Miami.But these 2 american cities have an awesome lifestyle for their citizen and are not boring at all.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 1:23 AM
I am the law!

Miami skyline building are not the same at all unlike in Toronto. And ,in Miami,the there is a vibrancy and a culture of life.

Are you saying Toronto isn't vibrant with a diversity of cultures? You clearly have never been to Miami's downtown neighbourhoods like Brickell. It's light years behind the "infamous" Cityplace.

Oceanwide Plaza is an enormous pedestrian unfriendly block with a massive parkade fronted by a retail mall, some "animated" screens and some blocky towers on top. This is what excites you?

None of those towers in the Miami photos are that great; certainly not above what Toronto puts out. Even Mississauga including Erin Mills puts out better urban form than this.

I don't have a problem with you admiring a Dubai aesthetic of superficial architecture and auto centric form but, please, don't even try to say Toronto needs anymore of this.

Get a freakin clue.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 1:50 AM

Yeah you lost me enrigue8. Never been to Miami or LA and I'm sure they're great places but I don't see the argument at all. I'm getting trolling vibes now.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2016, 8:47 PM

Lol. Enrique posts a bunch of renderings from across the globe. Renderings.

No kidding, you only like brand new things, it seems. If that's what you want, there are plenty of new structures proposed (whose renderings) that can be considered beautiful.

My favourite project are the YC condos on Yonge.

But to posture as if you have some academic and emotional understanding of architecture is lame. We can all post pictures of less appealing parts of any major downtown.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2016, 8:59 PM

Half of these projects Enrique is posting wont end up getting built.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Toronto