HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Highrise Construction

    

Potala Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Seattle Skyscraper Diagram
Seattle Projects & Construction Forum
            
View Full Map

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #41  
Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 11:32 PM
chris08876's Avatar
chris08876 chris08876 is online now
C21H30O2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Jersey - Somerset County
Posts: 17,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Check the Facts View Post

[COLOR="red"].

It is also unclear if Seattle's decisions will be appealed or otherwise challenged. Simply stated, the Tower and Garage Construction is not yet happening because it has not been approved at this time.
No it hasn't happened because they have to dig 7 floors down for it to happen. That's why the excavator is there.

The Kingdom Tower had to dig 30 floors for its foundation, but it doesn't mean its not u/c.

Its funny though that you claim permits don't exist for it yet it took me 20 seconds to find it. Hardest part was typing in the site. Check your facts son.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #42  
Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 11:50 PM
mhays mhays is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 15,339
He's existed on SSP/SSC under several guises (some banned) for the sole reason of trashing this project. But he hasn't said who he is.

Seattle projects always start with a shoring permit before the other building permits. (Edit..usually start that way)
__________________
"Everyday" as one word just means "ordinary." "Every day" as two words is about frequency.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #43  
Old Posted Jun 26, 2015, 12:00 AM
timpdx's Avatar
timpdx timpdx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Baphomet View Post
Oh, excellent. I see EB5 and his/her/its vast array of sock puppets have invaded this site as well.
Is that what is going on SSP? its getting tiresome, son
__________________
Travel, Scenic & Architecture Photos at: http://www.pixelmap.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #44  
Old Posted Jun 26, 2015, 12:42 AM
Check the Facts Check the Facts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 22
Potala tower not permitted with shoring approval

POTALA TOWER NOT PERMITTED WITH SHORING APPROVAL

Please check your work... back at cha

The permit number you give is only for grading and shoring.

The permits that need to still be considered (whether the tower as proposed can be built) are # 3018762 and # 3019344. Both are updated as of June 23, 2015 and have Land Use and Zoning Review for the tower listed as INCOMPLETE and HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #45  
Old Posted Jun 26, 2015, 10:46 AM
chris08876's Avatar
chris08876 chris08876 is online now
C21H30O2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Jersey - Somerset County
Posts: 17,546
^^^

You need to put the crack pipe down and realize that this is u/c.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #46  
Old Posted Sep 7, 2015, 10:38 PM
Urbannizer's Avatar
Urbannizer Urbannizer is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ATX, HTX, GTX
Posts: 6,244
http://www.seattletimes.com/business...thell-project/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Times
Fraud investigation halts Potala Tower, endangers Othello project

A court order freezing the assets of Path America CEO Lobsang Dargey has stopped work on the $190M Potala Tower in downtown Seattle and left a deal with the Seattle Housing Authority up in the air.

By Sanjay Bhatt
Seattle Times business reporter

Construction on Path America’s $190 million Potala Tower in downtown Seattle ground to a halt Wednesday, two days after a court temporarily froze the firm’s assets amid a federal fraud investigation.

Meanwhile, a long-awaited redevelopment project near the Othello light-rail station in Seattle’s Rainier Valley, on land a Path affiliate is buying from the Seattle Housing Authority, also appears to be in jeopardy.
__________________
HAIF
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #47  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2015, 7:47 AM
billwthom billwthom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Check the Facts View Post
POTALA TOWER NOT PERMITTED WITH SHORING APPROVAL

Please check your work... back at cha

The permit number you give is only for grading and shoring.

The permits that need to still be considered (whether the tower as proposed can be built) are # 3018762 and # 3019344. Both are updated as of June 23, 2015 and have Land Use and Zoning Review for the tower listed as INCOMPLETE and HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW.
The original developer was HAL ...Dargey purchased from them... it was all an apartment project.. He changed it to Hotel and apartment for the qualifying need for EB5... all permits are given with grading shoring and final permit. the review is for the hotel and the roof top additions.. he will get the final permit subject to the SEC filing of the fraud case.. this is an unknown and the first in this state...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #48  
Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 8:13 PM
chris08876's Avatar
chris08876 chris08876 is online now
C21H30O2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Jersey - Somerset County
Posts: 17,546
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #49  
Old Posted Feb 17, 2016, 10:56 PM
Urbannizer's Avatar
Urbannizer Urbannizer is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ATX, HTX, GTX
Posts: 6,244
Dargey, allies seek to keep Potala Tower project going

Quote:
Path America founder Lobsang Dargey and a chorus of others are asking a federal judge to reject a court-appointed receiver's proposal to sell the unfinished Potala Tower in downtown Seattle, according to filings in federal court Tuesday.

Grassmueck has told the court he intends to sell the 40-story Potala Tower project, now just a deep hole in the ground at 2116 4th Ave., as soon as possible. That could dash the hopes of about 170 Chinese nationals who invested $500,000 each in the project, aiming to obtain permanent residency in the United States through the EB-5 visa program.

At least 15 of those investors asked the court Tuesday to deny the receiver's request or require that the project be sold to a buyer who will complete the project as originally envisioned -- a 344-unit apartment complex atop a 142-room hotel.

Selling the Potala Tower unfinished would "almost certainly be fatal" to the investors' ability to obtain permanent resident status, and would harm "any possibility" of them getting a return on their investment, wrote Steven Fogg, one of the investors' attorneys.
__________________
HAIF
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #50  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2016, 6:30 PM
chris08876's Avatar
chris08876 chris08876 is online now
C21H30O2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Jersey - Somerset County
Posts: 17,546

Credit: geoffloftus
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #51  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2016, 11:06 AM
BuildThemTall BuildThemTall is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 6
Still on hold?

The construction camera shows the excavation to be at least 3 or 4 levels deeper than when this project was put on hold. Why is it still listed as being on hold?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #52  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2016, 5:11 PM
ealba ealba is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post

Credit: geoffloftus
Even if it is under construction, you have to admit that unusual things are happening with this project and the user you are talking down to has a point.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #53  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 12:58 PM
Urbannizer's Avatar
Urbannizer Urbannizer is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ATX, HTX, GTX
Posts: 6,244
Belltown project fomerly known as Potala Tower moves forward

Quote:
August 2014, developer Lobsang Dargey broke ground with Seattle mayor Ed Murray on the 41-story Belltown mixed-use project known as Potala Tower. A year later, development stopped when Dargey was accused of pilfering millions from investors on the project. In early 2016, a judge has ruled that a development partnership between Binjiang Tower Corp and Molasky Group could take over the project and attempt to reboot it.

That plan is now moving forward and so is construction on the 41-story project at 2116 Fourth Avenue. When completed, the complex will include 339 apartment units, 142 hotel rooms, 1,824 square feet of ground-floor retail space, and 177 underground parking spaces. Some previous EB5 investors are partnering with joint venture partners in order to make it happen.
2116 4th Ave 2016-12-20 by LB Bryce, on Flickr

2116 4th Ave 2016-12-20 by LB Bryce, on Flickr
__________________
HAIF
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #54  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2017, 11:18 AM
chris08876's Avatar
chris08876 chris08876 is online now
C21H30O2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Jersey - Somerset County
Posts: 17,546

Credit: geoffloftus
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #55  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 11:14 PM
mSeattle's Avatar
mSeattle mSeattle is offline
Socialism 4 Extreme Rich?
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: here
Posts: 9,769
Progress continues.

3/2/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffloftus View Post
Core is just about at street level!






3/12/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffloftus View Post
Core is now above street level on 4th Ave





Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Highrise Construction
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:19 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.