HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 7:42 PM
Top Retributor

Who is the developer in charge of the airport hotel?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2017, 3:44 PM
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
Who is the developer in charge of the airport hotel?
Los Angeles-based Sonnenblick Development LLC.

It has been searching for financing for about 5 years already. It received a 5-year extension in December, but I think it's obvious to the developer that financing just isn't available. There are 5 other hotel proposals within a mile of the airport.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2017, 4:05 PM
Top Retributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfenoc View Post
Los Angeles-based Sonnenblick Development LLC.

It has been searching for financing for about 5 years already. It received a 5-year extension in December, but I think it's obvious to the developer that financing just isn't available. There are 5 other hotel proposals within a mile of the airport.
I'm just not buying it. The company specializes in government buildings and high few high-end resorts. That's a weird combo right there. I strongly suspect something other than not getting financing is going on here but you can bet it has to do with money.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2017, 6:10 PM
Registered Sex Offender

The article I'm referencing did make a point to say that there's no word yet whether the developer will seek a subsidy...

Old Posted Mar 19, 2017, 12:35 AM

Will they bring more nonstop from SMF-FLL/HOU/MCO/TPA or SMF-CLT, as well. Will they ever consider it?

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 5:47 AM

Southwest announces new Long Beach and Spokane service

More air service news out of Sac International:
Starting August 1st, Southwest will be offering two daily nonstop flights between Sacramento and Long Beach, and one daily nonstop between Sacramento and Spokane. In addition to that, Southwest will also add nonstop service to existing San Diego and Seattle service, respectively. With the added nonstop service, Sacramento will become Southwest Airlines 16th busiest city. I remember when Horizon offered nonstop service to Spokane up until a few years ago. Any reason why they suspended it? Were the load factors just not there, or did the recession have something to do with it? In any case, it's always great to see added service out of SMF!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area