HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted May 17, 2017, 9:17 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando View Post
We call this the "south terminal" but it's really the "central terminal" with respect to the airport grounds. It's right in the middle of the two runways.
Huh??? "Central Terminal?" Let's not confuse people even more.

It has nothing to do with where that terminal physically sits in relation to the rest of the airport property. Of the airport's two operational terminals, the south terminal is "south" of the current cross taxiways and the main terminal lies to the north of the cross taxiways.

Additionally, one can only access the south terminal from the southern part of the property. And visa versa with regard to the main terminal - one can only access it from the north.

I too like the idea of calling the main terminal the "North" terminal instead of the Jordan terminal.

Old Posted May 17, 2017, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
Huh??? "Central Terminal?" Let's not confuse people even more.

It has nothing to do with where that terminal physically sits in relation to the rest of the airport property. Of the airport's two operational terminals, the south terminal is "south" of the current cross taxiways and the main terminal lies to the north of the cross taxiways.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. My point was that it would be extremely impractical for a road to go around the airport grounds to get to the south terminal because that terminal is not actually at the south end of the property. It's in the center of the airport between the two runways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
Additionally, one can only access the south terminal from the southern part of the property. And visa versa with regard to the main terminal - one can only access it from the north.
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. We know this. That's why the question that was proposed was if there was a way to connect the roads running to the main terminal to the south terminal. That's why I said it would have to be underground because the south terminal is located between the two runways at the center of the airport grounds. That's why the master plans called for road tunnels to connect those two areas of the airport. However, the cost of tunnels wouldn't be worth only connecting to a small budget terminal since the point of that terminal was to spend as little money as possible to get a low rent terminal up and running. We would only see tunnels if a major terminal was built on that side of the airport grounds.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin