HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted May 18, 2017, 11:36 PM

Project Connect has a new "choose the cooridors" survey up in prep for presumably a new bond in 2018. It's interesting to see the results.

https://www.capmetroengage.org/en/co...oose_corridors

Old Posted May 19, 2017, 12:04 AM
德克萨斯人 y'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1 View Post
Project Connect has a new "choose the cooridors" survey up in prep for presumably a new bond in 2018. It's interesting to see the results.

https://www.capmetroengage.org/en/co...oose_corridors
I agree. Not surprising, but good to see support for needed corridors in some cases. Others are more surprising.

Two commuter corridors with most votes so far:
1. Union Pacific RR, Mopac from San Marcos to the South to a split to Georgetown and Taylor to the North
2. I-35 Corridor, Map is showing from 45S to 45N (presumably a possible connection to the UPRR Corridor if both were to happen, in my dreams)

For the Connector Corridors:
1. N Lamar/Guadelupe has the most votes by a long shot (goes from the river to 183 to the north). The next few are way behind this one.
2. Airport Blvd from the river to N Lamar
3. 7th/Lake Austin Blvd from Red Bud Trail to the river crossing at 183 on the east
4. S Lamar from the river to Ben White

The connector corridors are surprising to me in some ways. I'm surprised that S Lamar hasn't gotten more love, for instance, as well as S. Congress and Riverside, among others. N. Lamar/Guadelupe makes sense.

The circulator corridors are interesting, and downtown is, of course, winning that one with S Congress as a close second.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin