HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #21  
Old Posted Mar 8, 2008, 5:48 AM
dollaztx dollaztx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Midcities
Posts: 545
I'd be pretty consirned if I lived in Colombia or Ecuador. This guy constantly compares himself to Simon Bolivar. Bolivar was a great leader that wanted this three nations to remain one when he freed them from Spain. Is this what he is trying to do? Take over South America?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #22  
Old Posted Mar 9, 2008, 5:11 AM
kcexpress69's Avatar
kcexpress69 kcexpress69 is offline
Out of Myself
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Metro KCMO
Posts: 1,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuelpr View Post
I'd be pretty consirned if I lived in Colombia or Ecuador. This guy constantly compares himself to Simon Bolivar. Bolivar was a great leader that wanted this three nations to remain one when he freed them from Spain. Is this what he is trying to do? Take over South America?
...........

Last edited by kcexpress69; May 1, 2016 at 9:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #23  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 3:55 AM
dollaztx dollaztx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Midcities
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcexpress69 View Post
He seems to be doing a convincing job of it. He has been getting cozy over the last few years, with Cuba, Iran, Bolivia, Equador, Argentina, Nicaragua, and possibly Paraguay. While Chile has a socialist movement, It's stayed neutral with some pro-U.S. tendencies. Columbia is definately opposed to Chavez (Goes without saying), Peru (I believe) is opposed to Chavez. I'm not sure about Brazil. I know they switched to energy independence. Ethanol made from sugarcane. So they dont have oil concerns. I just hope he doesn't try to influence Mexico.
I wouldnt be surpised if he tries to take over Latin America. God, can you imagine if Chavez controlled Mexico, thats just a river away! That would be a dangerous threat to the US. Hopefully Im just over-exaggerating!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 4:25 AM
JDRCRASH JDRCRASH is offline
Skyscraper Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Gabriel Valley
Posts: 7,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuelpr View Post
I wouldnt be surpised if he tries to take over Latin America. God, can you imagine if Chavez controlled Mexico, thats just a river away! That would be a dangerous threat to the US. Hopefully Im just over-exaggerating!
Don't worry; the United States would never let such an (except Cuba) Anti-American political system border them, regardless if Iran, Russia, Cuba or China liked it.

What worries me is a oil-driven U.S. and Chavez war, as that would be falling right into the Bankers ultimate plans.

Besides, Mexico would crush Venezuela anyways.
__________________
Revelation 21:4
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #25  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 4:57 AM
Trantor's Avatar
Trantor Trantor is offline
FUS RO DAH!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Ecumenopolis
Posts: 15,485
since Brazil has a different history than the rest of latin america (colony from Portugal, not Spain... wars with spanish colonies all through history... independence came from the hands of the very son of the Portuguese Emperor, which then became Emperor of Brazil, etc), I doubt Brazil would ever be conquered by any idiot like Chavez.


Chavez wouldnt be elected even for the city counsil of Porto Alegre, if he was a brazilian politician.
__________________
________________________________________
Easy, Tychus. This ain´t science fiction

Last edited by Trantor; Mar 11, 2008 at 1:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #26  
Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 4:25 AM
JDRCRASH JDRCRASH is offline
Skyscraper Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Gabriel Valley
Posts: 7,907
^

Alot of people don't realize that Mexico was actually French territory for a short time.
__________________
Revelation 21:4
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #27  
Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 10:13 PM
big W big W is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: E-Town
Posts: 5,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcexpress69 View Post
However an influx of businesses did relocate To Mexico and Canada over the last several years. Certainly it's no secret that The Big Three( Ford, GM, and Chrysler) have moved some production into both countries. (Yes, and I know that several Japanese & European Companies assemble cars here also).
Wow I can't believe how wrong and misinformed you are on this issue. The relations between each of the US neighbours are entirely different on this subject. I will not comment about companies going to Mexico as I am not knowledgeable on this issue, but that is definately not the case with Canada. There were no autoplants that shut down and moved from the US to Canada due to NAFTA. Remember the 2 countries had a free trade agreement prior to NAFTA and before that there was the Auto pact dating back to the 65 and US car plants have been in Canada for over 100 years. So no US company would suddenly change where they are come NAFTA and come to Canada as free trade has existed for almost 50 years between the 2 countries and US companies have been producing in Canada for over 100.
__________________
SHOFEAR- "The other goalie should have to turn in his man card. What a sorry display that was." - March 24, 2008
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #28  
Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 10:26 PM
big W big W is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: E-Town
Posts: 5,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcexpress69 View Post
It will be interesting to find out how the whole thing pans out if Obama or Hillary (or both, LOL) get elected.
Yes, but in reality this is opening a huge can of worms. Talk up here in Canada (straight from the Industry Minister and from the Prime Minister) is if the US does want to renegotiate NAFTA, Canada is fully on board and one thing is for certain, the US will no longer have preferential treatment to Canada's energy production. What this means as a net importer, is higher costs for Oil, Gas, electricity etc. Currently Canada cannot cut back on %age of production that goes to the US driving up the costs of O & G along with electricity here in Canada. If this goes away our production costs go down while they would increase in the US making us better able to compete with the developing world and the US less able to compete. Secondly a stable energy market like Canada helps keep Oil prices down for US consumers and if this production starts going to China for example which has expressed huge interests, then the US will be more reliant on Chavez and the boys in the mid-east.
__________________
SHOFEAR- "The other goalie should have to turn in his man card. What a sorry display that was." - March 24, 2008
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #29  
Old Posted Mar 27, 2008, 5:48 PM
Lee Lee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcexpress69 View Post
My take on India and China is this. I agree that both countries are growing economicaly. China is doing much better than it was 10 years ago. India is still far behind with a 27% unemployment rate. I'm not sure how long it will take before it's on par with the United States. The thing that is tough to swallow, is that our manufacturing base has taken several big blows over the years. It's hard to buy anything at a store anymore that's NOT made in China, or southeast Asia. It's certainly not their fault. I blame the American companies for doing that. And NAFTA of course. We need our manufacturing base. I think it would go much further than the service industry. Especially if those reports are accurate that the US will be at 438 Million by 2050.
Actually, the US has lost less manufacturing jobs, as a proportion, than many other western countries, including the UK, France, and Germany. Since 1990, I believe.

Also, manufacturing output has risen year after year, meaning that many of the manufacturing jobs are being replaced by machines/technology, and not China.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #30  
Old Posted Feb 20, 2009, 8:15 AM
maranello16 maranello16 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3
silly people

America wasn't always a nation of immigrants. The English that came here were pioneers not immigrants, the immigrants are the non-whites that came after wards to country that appeals to them because their countries cannot provide the standard of living they want.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #31  
Old Posted Feb 20, 2009, 7:39 PM
Daltnpapi4u's Avatar
Daltnpapi4u Daltnpapi4u is offline
طيران الإمارا
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by maranello16 View Post
America wasn't always a nation of immigrants. The English that came here were pioneers not immigrants, the immigrants are the non-whites that came after wards to country that appeals to them because their countries cannot provide the standard of living they want.
You must be joking! The English/White man are the original immigrants of this country. PIONEERS MY AZZ
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #32  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2009, 2:36 AM
kcexpress69's Avatar
kcexpress69 kcexpress69 is offline
Out of Myself
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Metro KCMO
Posts: 1,792
......

Last edited by kcexpress69; May 1, 2016 at 9:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #33  
Old Posted Mar 9, 2009, 6:47 PM
Duckyboy Duckyboy is offline
Recent Hamiltonian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 142
Wow, Daltnpapi4u , you really have to control your racist hate-on for white people. Calm down...

I think that the English/Euro settlers here were the first immigrants, for sure, but they came at a time when there was no government to bend over backwards to appease them, or any other NGO's to offer so many of the "creature conforts" that our ancesters never received. Try talking to my Polish grandfather what he thinks of his trials in trying to emmigrate to Canada and the hurdles he had to jump through to get here (and once here, also!) as opposed to the "pleasure cruise" many of today's immigrants sail on to get here. I'M NOT SAYING EVERYONE HAS IT EASY NOWADAYS; I'm just saying that it was a lot harder back then. People were actually grateful for coming here. His words, not mine. He was there; WE WEREN'T.

I think this is what a lot of people are feeling miffed about; the "rolling out of the carpet" for todays newcomers, when our ancestors had it so rough.

Also, your diatribe seems firmly in line with "making the white man pay for his past crimes". Lines like this: "If it wasnt for them coming here invading this land none of you guys will be here today. also it is a fact that nearly most off all europeans that came to north america came here illegally. so why was it ok for the europeans to come when they did as suppose to the latins coming now" as you said, give the impression that "if it was done in the past, then you must atone for it somehow". Well if that's the case, then there'd be quite a few cultures/countries/civilizations that would owe quite a few people an explanation.

By the way... I WASN'T THERE. Just because someone else did something, why should I suffer for it? It's a lot like blaming someone living in Amsterdamn 50 years when someone breaks into your car last week in Cairo. Makes less than no sense.

AND EVEN IT THERE WAS SOME VALIDITY to the claim that "people must pay the mistakes of past strangers and/or follow the same course of our ancestors", should we not learn from our mistakes? Just because someone did something in the past, it dosen't make it right. Just because folks in New York burned "witches" many years ago, does that mean I should as well? Maybe tomorrow night? Here in Canada?

Again, makes no sense... it's just racist. Plain and simple...

Racism exists all over the world, so I souldn't be surprised that it can appear here as well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #34  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2009, 12:13 AM
kcexpress69's Avatar
kcexpress69 kcexpress69 is offline
Out of Myself
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Metro KCMO
Posts: 1,792
edit

Last edited by kcexpress69; May 1, 2016 at 9:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #35  
Old Posted May 6, 2009, 5:28 AM
Tranquility Tranquility is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 41
I guess we're doomed to become a third world nation. there is always Canada i guess...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #36  
Old Posted May 25, 2009, 5:10 PM
suga suga is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 535
In actually, most people who came to this country over the last century and a half did so because there were few or different restrictions on immigration at the time. Many people still had to go through checkpoints before entering such as Ellis Island.

And that somehow makes their illegal invasion of this country okay?

It was less restricted about 100 years ago because of the abundence of farm jobs before modern equipment took their place. Yet in the early 20s' there were restrictions put on immigration that were directed at Europeans.

It wasnt restricted because the immigrants were white western europeans, the first immigration restrictions were the response to eastern and southern european (and irish) immigration skyrocketing which made the original immigrants unhappy. Many of the scare tactics used to demean these new european immigrants are the same used today on illegal aliens, i.e: they are dirty, bring diseases, take jobs, wont assimilate, are unskilled and poor, have high rates of criminal activity, etc...

Don't forget the Mexican Revolution, when over a million Mexicans were allowed into the country. Many chose to return home after the war.

What is the point of noting this? That somehow letting in refugees from a huge war next door is akin to allowing dozens of million sof illegal immigrants to enter this country with no restrictions? That some how this makes it okay to discriminate against illegals today because they came from the same country we let refugees in almost a century ago. Didnt you also note that folks shouldnt pay for things that occurred before their time, what relevance does mexican revolution refugees have to do with immigration from mexico today? none. Another BIG factor was those refugees from mexico in the early 1900s blended into an already large and existing community of mexicans who made up the majority of the southwest, the european immigrants killed the existing natives when they moved in.


Still, despite the lack of restrictions, many people that came through during the last century also passed through with the intent of leaving their old country behind, learning and respecting the laws of this one, learning the language and not expecting the government to bow down to their demands.
Today, it's a much different scenario.


Beginning of inaccurate absurdity. Illegal immigrants in the states today have THE lowest crime rate of any demographic. Furthermore, living in the largest concentration of illegal immigrants in the country (while coming from a family of legal residents)- Los Angeles' eastside, having grown up around them and now married to someone who has illegal family (yet his own is legal and been here for centuries) and basically living in Latino culture around a lot of illegals, I can assure you that those kind of stereotypes you just noted are FLAT OUT WRONG for 99% of illegal immigrants. Numerous credible studies have shown latino illegals lose their mothertongue within one generation, and that an overwhelming majority of illegals learn english. If you dont believ me go to any barrio and look at how many private english lesson programs there are, and how they're all stuffed. One large march for peoples' basic civil rights is not wanting the govt to "bow down", it is an action to raise awareness of who they are to the rest of america and empower a community that is oftentimes silent despite being attacked. Some of the most proud americans I have met in my lifetime are illegal immigrants (most often getting their citizenship when possible), some of the most productive people in my community are illegal. Those last assertions you made are wrong and flat out lies, hannity and colmes are not a good source for info on illegals, in fact any rich white conservative is a bad resource to learn about illegals. that kind of BS is what comes fromt hat crowd, get better educated onthe subject or actually interact with the community if you such large concerns. I do, and that is why I KNOW those kind of assertions are incorrect.

While I agree that most illegal immigrants, are only wanting to make a better life for themselves
Wrong again, ALL of them do, that's why they come to a country with a higher standard of living than theirs. who the heck do you think comes here for any other reason?

Many are refusing to assimilate

Wrong, note my prior comments, and how this kind of myth has been used to attack immigrants since the immigration process was started. Numerous credible studies have concluded the exact opposite of what you say: that illegals assimilate and their kids lose their home language rather quickly. having pride in your culture and where you come from is not refusing to assimilate, you CAN be proud to live in the US and be from another country.
demanding rights
How dare they ask for rights in a country founded on civil rights! The nerve of them to come here instead of starving and then expect to be treated like everybody else. How dare they see hypocrisy in the ancestors of illegal immigrants attacking them for coming here illegally!

not paying taxes like you and me!

Illegal immigrants pay taxes, they pay sales tax, property taxes and have their wages taxed like everyone else. Our social security system is currently propped up by uncollected back taxes from illegals. Every time they send money home or use a long distance phone card they pay a ridiculous percentage on taxes. Please stop believing lies, states like CA and TX have concluded that illegals pay more in taxes than they use in soical services, look it up.

Expecting us to learn their language instead of the other way around.
Another stupid lie. See my prior responses, and the fact that those who dont learn english are screwing themselves more than anyone else. I live in the largest enclave of latinos and illegals inthe nation, and it is rare to be somewhere where nobody speaks english. Although I do agree that immigrants should learn english, thats common sense. A study refuting your assertion about language was posted on this forum a while back.

Many of them are involved in criminal activity ( try being a victim of a hit and run accident or identity theft if you don't believe me.) Much of the illegal drug trade comes from Mexico.

Again with the lies. illegals have the lowest crime rate amongst any other demographic in the US, look it up, it was even a topic on this board. And how does the source of our drugs mkae an entire ethnicity guilt of being criminal? So I guess that because most child molesters are white then all anglos should be treated as sickos too? a lot of our pot comes from Canada so whites must also be lazy stoners.


We also have to worry about national security since both our borders in the south and the north are weak.
Another joke. Our border to mexico is controlled by wealthy cartels, whose members are a fraction of the actual community might i add, very tightly because it is their cash cow. Do you honestly think they'd be dumb enough to incur the wrath of our nation on the major means of them making money/ Millions of folks and tons of drugs have been smuggled here annually, not one smidgeon of evidence that anything that can harm our national security has come through these conduits. In fact, when a salvadorena gang was accused of talking to terrorists the mexican mafia put an all out green light on them (all other gangs can kill them with impugnity) for possibly harming their lucrative trade.

As I said in my previous post I welcome anyone from anywhere to come here to better their lives.
No you dont, if you did you would not spread such horrible lies about a people you seem to know little about.

Just do it legally.

You really know little on the subject or people you are casting judgement on. it is virtually impossible for the average destitute mexican to go through the formal immigration process into this country. Much of it has to do with our skewed quotas (toward rich white places) and the fact that it takes over a decade and costs around $10,000 to do. Of course it is easy for a middle calss white american to make such absurd accusations because you will never know how virtually impossible it is to become a legal citizen for most mexicans. Your ancestors came here illegally, why dont you try and get them their citizenship if it is such a no brainer, otherwise you are the spawn of anchor babies.

Sorry to be so rough, but its the truth, and such horrible lies can be damaging to REAL PEOPLE.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #37  
Old Posted Dec 13, 2015, 5:14 PM
Stellar_Mass's Avatar
Stellar_Mass Stellar_Mass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Redwood City
Posts: 18
Love it!

Thank you!! This country has always been an Immigrant state.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Daltnpapi4u View Post
god forbid the USA becomes a country of immigrants.... i mean where did all these white people come from???? i tell you if we dont stop these boats these white people will just keep coming and coming and coming from europe. and where would all the NATIVE americans and latins go??? you know the people that this land belong to before the white man came..... AND SLAUTERED!!!


and for the record i'm not racist and i am married to a white man!!! just cant stand the typical white american thinking this is their land and it never was...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #38  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2016, 12:17 PM
jfk2396 jfk2396 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 14
This thread is ridiculous.

Us Brits laugh at Trump and his followers backward thinking when it comes to immigrants.
Its a comedy how stupid people can be!
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:03 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.