HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 5:46 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

I am so tired of plain white. If it wasn't for the excellent lighting on the 2nd Street Bridge, I would probably be more irritated by yet another half ass lighting scheme that seems more like a secondary thought than genuine effort. Having said that, it's better than no lighting. It's disappointing that the tower portion of North Shore isn't lit up. Someone mentioned awhile back about how cool it would look if it was lighted in a way that would give it a cascading effect like a waterfall going into the river. I'm really suprised given it's prominence that the developer didn't add lighting to the tower. It's pretty dark looking at night

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 7:15 AM

The lighting does make downtown Austin feel more alive. I love it!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
I am so tired of plain white. If it wasn't for the excellent lighting on the 2nd Street Bridge, I would probably be more irritated by yet another half ass lighting scheme that seems more like a secondary thought than genuine effort. Having said that, it's better than no lighting. It's disappointing that the tower portion of North Shore isn't lit up. Someone mentioned awhile back about how cool it would look if it was lighted in a way that would give it a cascading effect like a waterfall going into the river. I'm really suprised given it's prominence that the developer didn't add lighting to the tower. It's pretty dark looking at night
Agree!

Old Posted May 12, 2017, 3:16 AM

North Italia and Flower Child restaurants set to open at 500 W. 2nd St. by year's end.

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/ne...s-heading.html

Old Posted May 13, 2017, 10:53 PM

Found out today that Google will be putting their name on the building before they move in this September.

Old Posted May 13, 2017, 11:06 PM

https://www.wired.com/2015/09/google...endly/#slide-6

I hope its just a lit version of the current G logo, colors included. Any indication from your source about the exact form?

Old Posted May 14, 2017, 12:07 AM

Nope I didn't ask. She did say it would be on the south side of the building, but there was concern that TC's planned tower would block views of the logo from across the river.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin