HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Jan 25, 2015, 11:50 PM

Omaha-General Development Thread

Thought I would get some Omaha info on here. We've got quite a bit going on in all parts of the city. Quite the urban transformation going on right now. I divided the information by neighborhood for ease of organizing.

Aksarben Village
Pacific Life Building:
$33 Million, 5 fl, 125,000 SF office, 20,000 SF retail, and 4 story parking structure
Renderings:

Construction as of Dec 30, 2014:

Pinhook Flats

UNO Community Arena
Future home of UNO Men and Women's basketball, Men's Hockey, Women's Volleyball
$76 million, 7,500 Seats, 2 ice sheets
Renderings:

Construction:

Waitt Plaza
$50 million, 8 fl, 180,000 SF office, retail, parking structure

Benson
New Street scape
$1.3 million

Mixed use project (no rendering yet)
4 stories, 2 buildings, 100,000 SF, dates TBD

Blackstone District
Redevelopment of the urban neighborhood on 40th and Farnam Street has been lead by Greenslate Development. Farnam street was converted from 1 way to two and several buildings have been redeveloped into entertainment and retail uses. Plans are in the works for multiple mixed use projects, including residential and retail.

3824 Farnam
5 story building. 52 units. Ground floor retail

Council Bluffs
River's Edge
$100 million, 25 acre mixed use project, office, retail, residential

Downtown
1501 Jackson
79 units and retail

Corvia
138 units

Howard St Apartment District
redevelopment of several buildings on the western fringe of downtown into multifamily. 153 units
http://www.omaha.com/money/m-apartme...87416a8eb.html

Jones 13
100 units

Lanoha Tower (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=215384)
Mixed use 25 fl high rise

The Limelight
39 residential units, retail

Omaha Hotel

5 fl boutique hotel, retail

Project 19 (http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=215385)
Mixed use redevelopment of the Civic Auditorium site. 16 fl, office, retail, and residential

Shamrock Development

Mixed use, 14 fl Marriott, entertainment, office, retail, residential

The Flatiron
$5 office to multifamily conversion. 30 units

The Wire
290 units. Office to residential conversion. Retail on ground floor. Rooftop Pool.

Little Italy
Bluebarn Theater and Apartments

Burlington Postal Annex
under contract for a mixed use project

Burlington Station
Historic former Burlington STation being converted into the new offices/studio for KETV channel 7 (ABC)

Omaha Postal Annex
Old Streetcar building and current Post Office Annex is being converted into a year round, indoor farmers market.

Midtown
The Conrad
140 units. Former site of dozen or so run down homes. No Rendering yet.
http://www.omaha.com/money/demolitio...0402f8d64.html

Midtown Triangle Apartments
178 units

Security National Bank (adjacent to Midtown Crossing)

Millard
Lumberyard District
12 acre abandoned lumberyard in downtown Millard being redeveloped into
350 units, office, and retail space.

North Downtown

JF Bloom Building
Long abandoned JF Bloom Building being converted into retail

Nichol Flats
5 stories, 67 units

The Fitzgerald
Conversion of the long abandoned Anderson Building into 17 units.

The Rochester
Former Rochester Midland Warehouse being converted into 75 units.

WIT Capitol Management
Old downtown firehouse being converted into new offices for WIT Capitol Management

University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
Buffett Cancer Center

College of Pharmacy

Lauritzen Outpatient Center

Student Life Center

Old Posted Jan 26, 2015, 4:17 AM
B!tchslapping Since 1998

Lots of stuff going on!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2015, 4:28 PM
homesick alien

Awesome. Happy to see this and thanks.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2015, 9:01 PM

Wow I agree lots of nice projects. I had to laugh when I read the line Obama Hotel...I mean Omaha Hotel.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2015, 6:50 PM

Wow... I haven't logged on here since 2010. Thanks for the update jays! I used to rep the big O here pretty regularly (along with starting, what is now eomahaforums.com)... time/family/etc took it's toll. I'm glad to see some folks periodically picking up where I left off!

I'll toss in the forthcoming bus rapid transit line. We were awarded a TIGER grant, and it's to be operational in 2018... running 8 miles along Omaha's busiest Dodge Street corridor.

Omaha continues to pursue funding for a light rail circulator as well.

https://vimeo.com/99346185

Old Posted Mar 1, 2015, 6:41 PM

Couple of updates on several projects, mostly construction photos. One new rumored project came to light in the past month, no official announcement yet.

Aksarben Village

Pacific Life Building/Parking Garage

UNO/Community Arena

Blackstone District
Central Mattress Building
$300,000 in Historic Tax Credits requested to convert the building into 16 apartments and retail.

Dundee Bank
Former McFoster's Natural Kind Cafe is rumored to be the future home of a new Dundee Bank Branch. This beautiful unique building will be renovated!

Downtown
Highline 2.0
NuStyle Development recently completed it's renovation of the 16 story former Enron Headquarters into multifamily. They are rumored to be in the process of developing a new, 4 story multifamily complex on adjacent ground that can share parking with the Highline.

*note Highline building to the left in the second photo

Hupmobile Building
J Development Co of Council Bluffs recently applied for $550,000 in Historic Tax Credits for an unknown rehab of this building.

Little Italy
Bluebarn Theater
Progress continues on this independent theater/condo project

That's all I've got for today. Like I said, I'm going to do my best to keep this updated at least once monthly.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2015, 7:27 PM

Been too long. Not much in new projects, but tons of updates!

Aksarben Village
Pacific Life Building

UNO/Community Arena

General update list provided to apartment tenants:
Upcoming Tenants
Quote:
ZONE 8
» New Aksarben Village tenants will soon be arriving in 2015 including Roast Coffee, Roar Beauty Salon, Pickleman’s Sandwich Shop, Dickey’s Barbeque Pit, and Aksarben Nails.

Construction Has Begun
ZONE 5
» An 960-stall, five-story parking garage is expected to be completed August 2015.

» A five-story building with Pacific Life Insurance Co., restaurants, and other retail and office space will be on the northeast corner of Mercy Road and Aksarben Drive. This is expected to be substantially complete November 2015, with Pacific Life taking occupancy beginning in October and transitioning through January 2016.

» An 80,000 sqft office, retail, and restaurant building on the corner of 67th Street and Mercy Road is expected to begin construction spring 2016.

» The development is also planned to include loft style apartments or residential condominiums and additional office & retail space at a later date.

TH!NK PRIMARY CARE
» This six-story medical building located near 72nd & Center Streets is expected to be completed spring 2015.

UNO ARENA
» The UNO Arena is still under construction with an expected completion date of fall 2015.

AKSARBEN CENTER
» Aksarben Village Senior Living Community near 71st & Pine Streets is expected to be completed fall 2015.

» The development will also include a 102-room Hampton Inn and an office/retail building with retail tenants: Starbucks (now open!), Pie Five Pizza (now open!), Jersey Mike’s subs, & Profile by Sanford (a weight management center).

NEWMAN CENTER
» Located at 71st & Pacific Streets, the Newman Center will be a 76,000 sqft, four-story building that will include student housing and a chapel. The center plans to open fall 2016. (Note from Helen--they have moved some dirt for this already).

Upcoming Construction
ZONE 3
» Southwest of 64th Avenue and Frances Street, two apartment buildings with 53 units are set to break ground July 2015 with an estimated completion date of December 2016.

ZONE 6
» An eight-story office and retail building with a parking garage is scheduled to begin by fall 2015 and be completed at the northeast corner of 67th and Frances Streets in 2016.""
Blackstone District
38th and Farnam Apartments
Two buildings totaling 50,500 sq ft with 51 apartment units and retail space.
http://www.omaha.com/money/next-up-f...tml?mode=story

41st and Harney Apartments
5 story 39 unit apartment building

Downtown
Corvia

Highline 2.0
New rendering released. Project eliminates a huge portion of the 600 or so parking stalls that are no longer needed now that the office building has been converted into apartments. Will have 114 additional units and 2 retail bays.

Omaha Hotel

Midtown
The Conrad
Very blah rendering released. Oh well. Tons of units coming to midtown.

UNMC
Buffett Cancer Center

Old Posted Dec 24, 2015, 5:36 AM

So what is going on in Omaha? This thread has been dead for almost a year. Has growth in Omaha died??

Old Posted Jan 25, 2016, 5:01 PM

HDR Headquarters rendering released

-Galileo Galilei

Old Posted Jan 30, 2016, 2:37 AM

The other larger development downtown, is the Capitol District, which is well underway (photo below, and rendering)... the HDR headquarters will be situated on the packed parking lot, across the street.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2016, 2:19 AM

The HDR changed their HQ plans from downtown to the Aksarben area. The building is also scaled back from their previous design because there is room to expand if needed.

Quote:
OWH Omaha.com

Old Posted Oct 11, 2016, 1:52 AM

Recently a 1.2 billion dollar development in West Omaha has been announced on land that was formerly owned by Boystown and another private owner. The development will be nearly 500 acres, have nearly 10 miles of biking and walking paths, and have nearly 1/3 of the area as parks and green space. Some of the specifics of the project include: 2.3 million sq feet of commercial space(1.4 million sq feet of offices and 500k sq feet of retailers), a 300 room hotel, 1500 apartments, 140 town houses, 440 single family homes, a lake, and an amphitheater. The timeline for the development is for 85% to be complete within 8 years. This project is right in the middle of West Omaha (and as the city continues to grow west it may soon be the middle of Omaha) so it should be some pretty good infill for the area. Here is a link to an Omaha World Herald Article on the project.

What it looks like now:

What the renderings project it to look like in the future:

Pictures from Omaha.com

Old Posted Jan 6, 2017, 3:14 AM
Out of Myself

Wow!! I like that last project. There's a lot of density in there that will definitely grow Omaha!! BTW, I like this page, but I think it would get a lot more action if you got it moved to the Projects & Construction - City Compilations page. See if you can get a moderator or administrator to bump it for you!!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest