HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 9:18 PM
Weapon of Mass Creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
Weston just bought the Savoy Building at the corner of Houston and Soledad, which the proposed hotel would have wrapped around. Maybe now Weston will have the opportunity to expand his footprint further.
I'm betting Weston Urban had a competing interest in the AC Properties, probably will buy the whole lot of them.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireoutofclay View Post
I'm betting Weston Urban had a competing interest in the AC Properties, probably will buy the whole lot of them.
I thought that Lynd had some interest in that property for development at one time. They certainly haven't felt the need to pull the trigger on any of their downtown holdings so far.

I did like design of the time shares project (Italian themed) so many years back where they included a courtyard with retail. The AC design seemed like a poor use of the property. I didn't mind the building's overall look

Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 12:26 AM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornbread View Post
I thought that Lynd had some interest in that property for development at one time. They certainly haven't felt the need to pull the trigger on any of their downtown holdings so far.

I did like design of the time shares project (Italian themed) so many years back where they included a courtyard with retail. The AC design seemed like a poor use of the property. I didn't mind the building's overall look
RIP Piazza San Lorenzo.

I was hyper-cynical even then...

Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakyle04 View Post
RIP Piazza San Lorenzo.

I was hyper-cynical even then...
I've always thought that properties along the river could be better utilized and provide a better experience if there were more plazas that could pull people in and make it more interesting with better interactions to the streets, but what is there hasn't worked as well because everyone wants to be next to the river. Also, I noticed one comment from the Floodgate HDRC review where someone thought the passageway was too big so they seem to advocate the closed off, hidden feeling. I think if they were to do them like New Orleans it would work.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornbread View Post
I've always thought that properties along the river could be better utilized and provide a better experience if there were more plazas that could pull people in and make it more interesting with better interactions to the streets, but what is there hasn't worked as well because everyone wants to be next to the river. Also, I noticed one comment from the Floodgate HDRC review where someone thought the passageway was too big so they seem to advocate the closed off, hidden feeling. I think if they were to do them like New Orleans it would work.
Saw that quote too. I really like that passageway. Looks to have an nice open feel to it, and it linked to the river nicely, IMO.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 3:32 PM

del

Last edited by SAtown; Jul 7, 2016 at 3:39 PM. Reason: relevance

Old Posted Mar 18, 2016, 4:42 PM
Weapon of Mass Creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAtown View Post
Lynd may pull the trigger on building something on the lot next to St Anthony they own, depending on what rates settle at in the new stuff going up (Cellars, etc). I doubt they would buy the Solo Serve stuff unless they had a partner in it.
Yes I remember going to a meeting about Travis Park a couple of years ago or so, some architect claimed he was designing a high rise for that lot you mentioned. As I have since heard absolutely nothing new.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 4:13 PM

Saw this article on Twitter this morning. I wonder who's eyeing this property now http://blog.mysanantonio.com/clockin...erve-property/

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 7:00 PM

San Antonio will always have new hotel rooms, the market isn't swamped yet... unless it is getting there and I'm mistaken. Maybe they should have thought about having an apt component instead?

Anyway, I hope this new group builds something to match the Rand across the street. The Geekdom Events Center is shady at night with that empty solo serve building.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillhippy210 View Post
Saw this article on Twitter this morning. I wonder who's eyeing this property now http://blog.mysanantonio.com/clockin...erve-property/

This is excellent development news!
And now that we have one of the best convention centers in the country, more hotel rooms will be needed.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2016, 3:04 PM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
San Antonio will always have new hotel rooms, the market isn't swamped yet... unless it is getting there and I'm mistaken. Maybe they should have thought about having an apt component instead?

Anyway, I hope this new group builds something to match the Rand across the street. The Geekdom Events Center is shady at night with that empty solo serve building.
The hotel market isn't exactly humming.

This article explained a lot to me. We've got PLENTY of hotel capacity relative to available marketing dollars.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantoni...ing-money.html

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio