HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 20, 2009, 10:25 PM
effete latte-lifter

I really don't think that the new saddledome (or whatever it ends up being,) is going to leave the Stampede Grounds. The Stampede is going to want to have a 18-21k arena at their disposal, (that is an essential part of their long term plans to be a year-round destination and the city is not going to want to operate an arena without the Flames as a tenant. The space, transit connections, parking are already in place. It would be asinine to relocate the Flames away from the Stampede Grounds and I would be dead against it. Look at the satellite image of the grounds, there is certainly enough room north of the usual midway for the Stampede to operate in a reorganized configuration for a couple years.

I'd also like to see something that has a proper street level interface on, not something on it's own surrounding by a sea of parking.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates