HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

    

California Pacific Medical Center Cathedral Hill Campus in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum
            
View Full Map

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #101  
Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 8:46 PM
Pedestrian's Avatar
Pedestrian Pedestrian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 7,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
and at the hospital, from the east
That's the west side.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #102  
Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 7:03 PM
viewguysf's Avatar
viewguysf viewguysf is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,804
Highlighted by the morning sun, the hospital has become prominent in the view as the medical building is being built across Van Ness Avenue.

[IMG]Sutter Health CPMC Van Ness Campus by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #103  
Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 10:56 PM
Jerry of San Fran's Avatar
Jerry of San Fran Jerry of San Fran is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,052
View taken 01/20/2018. Note the Salesforce tower in the distance. Having seen the below ground area I can appreciate how much more of this building is hidden!

Medical Building at Geary & Van Ness Streets by Apollo's Light, on Flickr
__________________
(Essex) Fox Plaza Resident Since 1971 (the building everyone loves to hate :>)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #104  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2018, 5:58 AM
timbad timbad is offline
heavy user of walkability
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mission Bay, San Francisco
Posts: 2,057
not too much difference in a month+ ...





Reply With Quote
     
     
  #105  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 7:35 PM
viewguysf's Avatar
viewguysf viewguysf is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,804
I like the way the very large medical office building respects its Polk Street neighbor, the historic Pierce Arrow car dealership.

[IMG]Sutter Pacific CPMC Medical Center by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Sutter Pacific CPMC Medical Center by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Sutter Pacific CPMC Medical Center by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Sutter Pacific CPMC Medical Center by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

I've heard complaints about the hospital's design, but it is a much need facility that is light years ahead of the Cathedral Hill (previously Jack Tar) Hotel and office building that formerly occupied the entire block.

[IMG]Sutter Pacific CPMC Medical Center by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #106  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 8:07 PM
Pedestrian's Avatar
Pedestrian Pedestrian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 7,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
I've heard complaints about the hospital's design, but it is a much need facility that is light years ahead of the Cathedral Hill (previously Jack Tar) Hotel and office building that formerly occupied the entire block.
I live a few blocks away and I'm not only fine with it, I look forward to having one of the city's best hospitals within walking distance--not only for myself but I have a good friend who also lives not far (in a different location) and who has bad asthma requiring frequent ER visits and he hates the closest alternative, St. Francis. Last winter he got the flu and was in bad shape and had an ambulance take him to the current Pacific Heights location of PMC rather than go to St. Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
I like the way the very large medical office building respects its Polk Street neighbor, the historic Pierce Arrow car dealership.
As I'm sure you know, long time since they sold a Pierce Arrow there but not so long since its current (homeless) tenants were hanging out on both street sides and either shooting up or having a bowel movement in the alley on another side.

But, yes, it's architecture is nice and worth preserving and respecting.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #107  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 9:15 PM
vandelay vandelay is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 845
Any news on the redevelopment of the California Street campus of CPMC?
__________________
Let's keep it real because I'm keeping it real!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #108  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 11:24 PM
Pedestrian's Avatar
Pedestrian Pedestrian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 7,541
They are now saying this building will open in April 2019. It has appeared essentially complete on the exterior for some time. They have even planted the street trees around it (in spite of the fact that the Van Ness BRT project has the street itself all torn up).

Its sibling, the replacement for St. Luke's Hospital in the Mission, opens this week.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #109  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 2:26 AM
AndrewK AndrewK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
They have even planted the street trees around it (in spite of the fact that the Van Ness BRT project has the street itself all torn up).
The infrastructure replacement for the west side of Van Ness south of California is wrapping up, meaning that the sidewalks will be redone along that stretch in the coming weeks, so the sidewalk work/tree planting in front of the hospital is actually in line with the larger BRT project.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #110  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 2:47 AM
Pedestrian's Avatar
Pedestrian Pedestrian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 7,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewK View Post
The infrastructure replacement for the west side of Van Ness south of California is wrapping up, meaning that the sidewalks will be redone along that stretch in the coming weeks, so the sidewalk work/tree planting in front of the hospital is actually in line with the larger BRT project.
Since I live on this stretch, I'm pretty familiar with it. So far the only sidewalks completed between McAllister and Post are in front of Opera Plaza (600 block) and in front of the hospital. I walked up and down the intervening blocks this afternoon. None of them look anywhere close to being fiinished. Most of them have stacks of pipe looking like there's still sewer or water work to be done. And even on the 600 block they haven't yet done the corners--only the center of the block. On Ellis, I think it was, they were digging up some old pipes this afternoon--not sure what they were

I suppose by some miracle they might do the remaining work in the next month or so but that would be very unlike the kind of progress they've been making before now. They told the management of my building it would take 3 weeks to do the sidewalks on our one block.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #111  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 2:47 AM
viewguysf's Avatar
viewguysf viewguysf is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
They are now saying this building will open in April 2019. It has appeared essentially complete on the exterior for some time. They have even planted the street trees around it (in spite of the fact that the Van Ness BRT project has the street itself all torn up).

Its sibling, the replacement for St. Luke's Hospital in the Mission, opens this week.
As we saw with UCSF in Mission Bay, it takes a long time to build out and equip a major medical center.

St. Luke’s has also undergone a name change to Sutter Health CPMC Mission Bernal Campus.

https://www.sutterhealth.org/for-pat...al-campus-cpmc
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #112  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 4:45 AM
mt_climber13 mt_climber13 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,183
It took many months/ years for the new Sutter medical center in Sacramento to officially open even though the exterior was completed. Hospitals are much more complex than condos.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #113  
Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 6:43 PM
AndrewK AndrewK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Since I live on this stretch, I'm pretty familiar with it. So far the only sidewalks completed between McAllister and Post are in front of Opera Plaza (600 block) and in front of the hospital. I walked up and down the intervening blocks this afternoon. None of them look anywhere close to being fiinished. Most of them have stacks of pipe looking like there's still sewer or water work to be done. And even on the 600 block they haven't yet done the corners--only the center of the block. On Ellis, I think it was, they were digging up some old pipes this afternoon--not sure what they were

I suppose by some miracle they might do the remaining work in the next month or so but that would be very unlike the kind of progress they've been making before now. They told the management of my building it would take 3 weeks to do the sidewalks on our one block.
I drive/bus down Van Ness daily to work and as of yesterday it seemed they were pouring or had poured the sidewalks from McAllister to Willow (they are still using Willow to Ellis as a staging area, but I don’t know the state of the infrastructure work on that half block). Though not being a pedestrian (ha!) on that stretch my vantage is not as good as yours.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #114  
Old Posted Aug 28, 2018, 7:14 PM
Pedestrian's Avatar
Pedestrian Pedestrian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 7,541
^^They have so far poured more of the curb lanes (lanes of the street closest to the curb) than of the actual sidewalk. I believe that's the case between McAllister and Golden Gate. From Golden Gate to Turk, they have poured the actual sidewalk, except on the corners, and the curb lanes. Then from Turk to Eddy again the curb lanes only.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #115  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 4:59 PM
Pedestrian's Avatar
Pedestrian Pedestrian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 7,541
Quote:
California Pacific Medical Center set to become heart of corridor
By Mary Ann Azevedo – Contributor, San Francisco Business Times
Sep 13, 2018, 12:34pm

In March, a $2 billion hospital will open on Van Ness Avenue and Geary Street, likely the most expensive medical project to ever open in the city.

California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC) campus promises to deliver more than health care. The neighborhood is seeing new medical office and housing developments to support the Sutter Health project.

Construction of the 700,000-square-foot hospital is nearly complete, and equipment and furnishings are being brought into the building . . . .

Other indirect impacts are the number of projects popping around the hospital, including the Bus Rapid Transit development under construction, a connected medical office building and several housing projects.

The Van Ness Avenue Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project will create dedicated bus lanes along two miles of Van Ness and South Van Ness Avenues, from Lombard to Mission streets. The lanes will speed up travel times on Muni and Golden Gate Transit by 32 percent. Service is expected to begin in early 2021.

The hospital will be supported by a nine-story, 250,000-square-foot medical office building being developed by San Diego-based PMB. The building, located at 1100 Van Ness, will also include a six-level, 383-space underground structure that will serve the medical office building and the hospital. The two facilities will be connected underneath Van Ness so that patients and doctors can safely go back and forth without having to cross the street, noted Jim Rohan, senior vice president of development for PMB . . . .

Sutter is leasing 78 percent of the building.PMB recently signed a lease with Walgreens and has a lease pending with Starbucks, in addition to leases with two other major hospital medical groups. The building is now 83 percent leased . . . .

Residential developers are bullish on the area, too.

Build Inc. has approvals to construct 137 rental units in 12 stories on 830 Eddy St. Build’s Founding Partner Lou Vasquez is waiting on building permits. Demolition is slated for the first quarter with completion aimed for the third quarter of 2019 . . . .
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...861&j=83824321
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #116  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2018, 7:51 AM
timbad timbad is offline
heavy user of walkability
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mission Bay, San Francisco
Posts: 2,057
speaking of sidewalks, here's what the one in front of the med center will look like



the office building across the street



the little alley on the north side of the office building



looking NE across Van Ness

Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:24 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.