HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 5:44 PM

Children’s Therapy Place will consolidate at Franklin and Allumbaugh

https://idahobusinessreview.com/2018...nd-allumbaugh/

Quote:
The full-service pediatric clinic Children’s Therapy Place will consolidate its two Boise locations to one 13,600-square-foot facility to be built at Franklin and Allumbaugh roads.

The Franklin location is midway between and a mile in opposite directions from Children’s Therapy’s headquarters. The company also has a physical, occupational, mental health and speech therapy clinic on Fairview Avenue and a clinic for developmentally disabilities and mental health off Overland Road.
This good looking project slid in under the radar and will go before the planning commission next Tuesday. Its a new children's therapy building located on southwest corner Franklin and Allumbaugh (by BK high school).
http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pds...id=DRH17-00527

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip towne View Post
News on downtown library project: The city of Boise has announced its intent to contract Safdie Architects. This could be exciting!

(@ Dept of Finance and Administration: January 9, 2018
Dear Proposer,
Notice of Intent to Award Contract: RFQ 18-031 Civic Center for Education & Culture
Architectural Services
Thank you for your response to the above referenced RFQ 18-031.
This letter is to notify you that the City has completed the evaluation process and are
recommending the contract be awarded to Safdie Architects in association with CSHQA...)
Thanks for this info and welcome to the good times at SSP skip towne

Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip towne View Post
News on downtown library project: The city of Boise has announced its intent to contract Safdie Architects. This could be exciting!

(@ Dept of Finance and Administration: January 9, 2018
Dear Proposer,
Notice of Intent to Award Contract: RFQ 18-031 Civic Center for Education & Culture
Architectural Services
Thank you for your response to the above referenced RFQ 18-031.
This letter is to notify you that the City has completed the evaluation process and are
recommending the contract be awarded to Safdie Architects in association with CSHQA...)
This is definitely exciting. Safdie Architects have done some amazing projects.

The SLC Library is of particular interest.

But they've also designed the absolutely iconic Marina Bay Sands Resort in Singapore!

Full list of projects: http://www.msafdie.com/#/projects

Last edited by Visualize; Jan 13, 2018 at 6:27 PM.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2018, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualize View Post
This is definitely exciting. Safdie Architects have done some amazing projects.

The SLC Library is of particular interest.

Agreed! Super rad. Thanks for pointing out the SLC library connection, that place is a sight to behold.

Also cool Orchard project from TVUrban.... bet we'll see more like that along Emerald & Orchard in the coming years!

Old Posted Jan 14, 2018, 4:06 AM
Let It Rise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trails View Post
Agreed! Super rad. Thanks for pointing out the SLC library connection, that place is a sight to behold.

Also cool Orchard project from TVUrban.... bet we'll see more like that along Emerald & Orchard in the coming years!
The SLC library is a very nice building and a great addition to our city. To bad it is over run by the homeless and feels more like a smelly dirty camp.

I hope what ever nice Library Boise gets, does not turn into what we have.

My Mini City-Population http://saint-anthony.myminicity.com

Old Posted Jan 14, 2018, 11:25 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

JUMP

Old Posted Jan 16, 2018, 7:06 PM

Jump

Thanks for the pics Sawtooth. Does anyone know when the Hesco barriers and fences are coming down? They have been up so long and obscure the beauty of the project. I'm assuming it is to protect the landscaping until it matures a little.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2018, 11:54 PM

Long time stalker of this thread but figured it was time to join in. Urban Buff what I've heard is that the barriers are staying up until spring. Just like you said, they want to protect the landscaping until it matures a bit but I think the plan is to have some big to-do about fully opening up their property to the public this spring and bring the barriers down. Cheers!

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 3:55 PM

Jack's Urban Meeting Place is looking good. Hopefully the slides open up this year.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 4:34 PM

http://myuhaulstory.com/2018/01/09/u...ops-list-2017/

U-Haul U.S. Growth Cities: Tempe Tops List for 2017
January 9, 2018

Quote:
U-Haul Top 25 U.S. Growth Cities of 2017

1. Tempe Ariz.
2. Boise Idaho
3. Miami Fla.
4. Atlanta Ga.
5. Tacoma Wash.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2018, 8:22 PM

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.stevens View Post
Long time stalker of this thread but figured it was time to join in. Urban Buff what I've heard is that the barriers are staying up until spring. Just like you said, they want to protect the landscaping until it matures a bit but I think the plan is to have some big to-do about fully opening up their property to the public this spring and bring the barriers down. Cheers!
Thanks ram.stevens. I read a lot more than I post...

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctobsl View Post
The SLC library is a very nice building and a great addition to our city. To bad it is over run by the homeless and feels more like a smelly dirty camp.

I hope what ever nice Library Boise gets, does not turn into what we have.
Ahh seems like we can't escape the homeless hyperbole even on the Boise thread. FFS

The SLC library is architecturally magnificent and a great addition to the city. It is host to a number of awesome community events. It's in a great location, too. I'm very happy for Boise to get such a great architectural company to design their library.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
Ahh seems like we can't escape the homeless hyperbole even on the Boise thread. FFS

The SLC library is architecturally magnificent and a great addition to the city. It is host to a number of awesome community events. It's in a great location, too. I'm very happy for Boise to get such a great architectural company to design their library.
Doesn't sound like hyperbole based on quotes directly from library employees. In my opinion, the constant pressure to quell discussion on society's ills exacerbates the problem. Maybe Boise can learn from SLC.

A wise man once said, "If you can't measure it, you can't improve it."

Quote:
And just as Salt Lake City officials are vexed by an increasing incidence of people defecating in public places, so is the Salt Lake County Library System.

"This is public service in its rawest form," Cooper said, defending the proposed addition of a custodian and an assistant manager at the West Valley City library.

"With the diverse population frequenting that (light rail) stop, we're encountering many more homelessness issues, seeing a greater need for custodial services" with blood, fecal matter, needles and used condoms being found around the site, he said. "Many times the homeless are using the restrooms for bathing."

Besides its increasing custodial needs, the library's relatively small dimensions leave it prone to overcrowding. When that happens, Cooper said, fights can break out.

"We call 911 and the police a lot," he said. "That's not in the job description of a librarian.
http://archive.sltrib.com/article.ph...12&itype=CMSID

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 4:05 PM

Caffe Luciano's has opened on the Green Belt in Garden City by foot bridge at White Water Park. Has a nice patio, as it will be needed for the summer crowds.
The food is delicious.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 6:39 PM
All man. Half nuts.

found fairly recent aerial image of downtown from last spring:

Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 8:23 PM

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/b...195346584.html

Outside investors are driving growth in the valley. 'It will go on for the next few years'

Quote:
There’s no doubt that Boise has tipped, says George Iliff, managing owner of Colliers International’s Boise operation.

Iliff, a leader in the Treasure Valley’s commercial real estate sector, says the idea that author Malcolm Gladwell made popular in his book “The Tipping Point” reflects what’s happening in the Treasure Valley now: Interest by outside investors is accelerating the growth of our commercial real estate market.
Quote:
“I think we’re headed down the right path,” Sawyer says from the firm’s Boise office. “We’re seeing large corporate clients from California, Texas and Florida that are looking to relocate or expand in Boise. We’re just hampered by a lack of product right now.”
Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/b...#storylink=cpy

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:36 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

January 20|Boise River Greenbelt

The site of the soon to be Rotary Park
Approximately 1 mile downstream from 8th Street/Downtown~next to The Connector and on the Greenbelt.

The view across the River from the site of the new park.

Parkland on the opposite side of The Connector.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West