HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #5441  
Old Posted Feb 22, 2018, 11:47 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 16,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Imitation bubbles from imitation tapioca.
Now contains 10% real corn starch. (you don't want to know the other 90%)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5442  
Old Posted Feb 23, 2018, 3:05 AM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is offline
The Vomit Bag.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Tropic of Sir Galahad
Posts: 30,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Now contains 10% real corn starch. (you don't want to know the other 90%)

dweeby
__________________
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. John Kenneth Galbraith
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere.Elie Wiesel
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5443  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 4:03 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam/Rainbow Lake
Posts: 30,620
I wonder if they are going to last longer here

Best Buy is closing all 250 of its mobile stores in the US
19
The company will still sell mobile phones in its bigger stores and online

By Thuy Ong@ThuyOng Mar 1, 2018, 5:17am EST

Quote:
Best Buy has announced it will shut all 250 of its small mobile stores across the US by May 31st. The stores reportedly contributed only a little over 1 percent to the company’s overall revenue. The closures won’t affect Best Buy’s mobile stores in Canada, and the company will continue to sell mobile phones both online and in its “big-box” stores.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/1/17...-stores-may-us
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5444  
Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 6:42 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam/Rainbow Lake
Posts: 30,620
Nordstrom Rack: Discount outlet for brand-name shopping

The family-run retailer opens its first Canadian Nordstrom Rack in Vaughan Mills this week.

By DIANE PETERSSpecial to the Star
Thu., March 22, 2018


The opening of the first Canadian Nordstrom Rack at Vaughan Mills is a coup for GTA shoppers who like their brand names.

But for the Seattle-based retailer, this shiny new, 35,000-square-foot haven of discounts actually solves business problems. “Rack serves many purposes,” says Blake Nordstrom, co-president of the company.

Canada already has six regular Nordstrom stores, which rolled out between 2014 and 2017. In the U.S., the company has long used off-price Rack stores to move unsold items from the main stores.


About 30 per cent of the items at the new Vaughan Mills store are discounted pieces that were formerly on display at a Nordstrom store. (VINCE TALOTTA / TORONTO STAR)

“Our full-line stores have not had a great outlet to move merchandise,” says Nordstrom. It’s been using warehouse sales to fill the gap.

Now that’s all over with Thursday’s opening of this store and the rapid-fire opening dates of April 26 for a Calgary location and May 3 for a Yonge and Bloor store. The company will also launch three more Rack outlets in the fall.

About 30 per cent of the items at the new Vaughan Mills store are discounted pieces that were formerly on display at a Nordstrom store. The rest the company gets from top brands — Kate Spade, Theory, Bench, Nike, you name it — sold for as much as 70 per cent off regular retail prices.

...


The Nordstrom team quickly transformed the space in Vaughan Mills into a tidy, well-signed trove of women's, men's and children's clothing, footwear, décor items and accessories. (VINCE TALOTTA / TORONTO STAR)



https://www.thestar.com/business/201...-shopping.html
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5445  
Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 6:09 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam/Rainbow Lake
Posts: 30,620
Swedish Fashion Retailer ‘Lindex’ to Expand into Canada


[IMAGE: LINDEX]

By Craig Patterson

Swedish fashion retailer Lindex is expanding into Canada by rolling out stores in major markets. The company is seeking a Canadian partner for the expansion which will launch this spring when the Lindex management team from Stockholm visits Toronto.


“We are very excited to be bringing our brand to Canada and strongly believe that our affordable fashion, values and practices of sustainability will hit home with consumers. Our team is currently at the stage of searching for a partner who will get exclusivity for opening Lindex stores in Canada. Our initial target is shopping centres in large cities like Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver" says Johan Isacson, Director of Franchise at Lindex.

...

https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...nd-into-canada
__________________
belowitall

Last edited by SpongeG; Apr 12, 2018 at 11:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5446  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 11:38 PM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam/Rainbow Lake
Posts: 30,620
Joint partnership: Second Cup coffee chain teams with cannabis company to open pot shops

Coffee company has 286 locations across Canada, and some could be converted to sell pot

Pete Evans · CBC News · Posted: Apr 12, 2018


Coffee chain Second Cup is looking into the possibility of opening marijuana dispensaries in places where they will soon be legal. (Paul Chiasson/Canadian Press)


Coffee chain The Second Cup plans to open a network of recreational cannabis dispensaries, starting in Western Canada and then potentially moving east to other provinces where the drug is expected to soon be legal.

The coffee chain announced on Thursday it is partnering with National Access Cannabis Corp. to develop and operate a network of NAC-branded dispensaries across the country.

Founded in 1975, Second Cup currently operates 286 coffee shops across the country. Ottawa-based NAC, meanwhile, describes itself as a health-care company that consults with patients to help them get access and prescriptions to medical marijuana. NAC currently has nine locations across six provinces, including three in Calgary and one each in Victoria, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa and Halifax.

...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cann...p=FB_Post_News
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5447  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 11:56 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is offline
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 14,841


Stupid idea.
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5448  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 2:22 AM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 13,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post


Stupid idea.
Why? (Assuming one is OK with the private sector dispensing recreational weed).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5449  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 4:19 AM
Loco101's Avatar
Loco101 Loco101 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Timmins, Northern Ontario
Posts: 2,342
Second Puff (just change that coffee mug to a joint! simple as that)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5450  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 4:24 AM
isaidso isaidso is offline
The New Republic
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Provinces of America
Posts: 8,159
^^ Nice one.
__________________
World's First Documented Baseball Game: Beachville, Ontario, June 4th, 1838.
World's First Documented Gridiron Game: University College, Toronto, November 9th, 1861.
Hamilton Tiger-Cats since 1869 & Toronto Argonauts since 1873: North America's 2 oldest pro football teams
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5451  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 4:26 AM
GlassCity's Avatar
GlassCity GlassCity is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver/[Winnipeg]
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco101 View Post
Second Puff (just change that coffee mug to a joint! simple as that)
That's actually great. Nice allusion to the puff puff pass thing.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5452  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 12:32 AM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 13,614
Farm Boy looking to add 15 to 30 new stores in the Toronto area over the next 5 years. I love Farm Boy!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/farm...erce-1.4611335
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5453  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 4:26 AM
Loco101's Avatar
Loco101 Loco101 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Timmins, Northern Ontario
Posts: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassCity View Post
That's actually great. Nice allusion to the puff puff pass thing.
When you look at the Second Cup logo, the plate below the mug looks like it could be a joint! They had something in mind all along!
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:00 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.