HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #7141  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 7:30 PM
Monolith's Avatar
Monolith Monolith is offline
Slow and Steady
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: /home/Canada/BC/Coquitlam
Posts: 776
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7142  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 10:03 PM
Odyssey's Avatar
Odyssey Odyssey is offline
Straight Outta Windsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 21
Windsor skyline west view from Detroit (courtesy of CBC, Steve Biro)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7143  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 10:15 PM
Martin Mtl's Avatar
Martin Mtl Martin Mtl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,073
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7144  
Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 1:31 AM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 50,621

@ianoyeg


@ianoyeg


@ianoyeg
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7145  
Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 12:25 PM
north 42's Avatar
north 42 north 42 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 4,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
Windsor skyline west view from Detroit (courtesy of CBC, Steve Biro)
I really like the skyline from this angle! We definitely need some new towers though to fill in the holes and break the table top effect.
__________________
Windsor Ontario, Canada's southern most city!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7146  
Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 3:12 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Think about Winnipeg.
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Beautiful photo. Are soaring land prices starting to have any effect on the continued presence of ports, shipping facilities and rail yards in central Vancouver? It looks like hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars of land are tied up on those functions in this shot alone.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7147  
Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 3:12 PM
Laceoflight's Avatar
Laceoflight Laceoflight is offline
Montérégien
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Montréal, QC <> Paris, FR
Posts: 949
A picture of Montreal from March 13.


Jacques-Cartier Bridge par Renaud Masson, sur Instagram
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7148  
Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 4:21 PM
Graham_Yvr's Avatar
Graham_Yvr Graham_Yvr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Beautiful photo. Are soaring land prices starting to have any effect on the continued presence of ports, shipping facilities and rail yards in central Vancouver? It looks like hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars of land are tied up on those functions in this shot alone.
It also represents billions in economic activity. Don't expect that to change any time soon. If anything - waaaay down the road, you might see something like New York's Hudson Yards development, where they built towers over the rail yards, but even that is a long shot.

Last edited by Graham_Yvr; Apr 16, 2018 at 7:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7149  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 4:09 AM
someone123's Avatar
someone123 someone123 is offline
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 19,144
A bit fuzzy but shows a lot of construction. Also shows the slope running down to the harbour. This view would be way more impressive if the tallest buildings were near the top of the hill and the short ones were near the bottom, but it's the other way around due to height limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonovision View Post
The new Sackville St canyon from the Dartmouth side.


20180415_175530 by Jonovision23, on Flickr
__________________
flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7150  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 10:49 AM
q12's Avatar
q12 q12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 2,209
^Opposite view of new Sackville St. Canyon.

Nova Center Looking Down Sackville Street by Rodney Hickey, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7151  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 6:40 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Torcouver
Posts: 10,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham_Yvr View Post
It also represents billions in economic activity. Don't expect that to change any time soon. If anything - waaaay down the road, you might see something like New York's Hudson Yards development, where they built towers over the rail yards, but even that is a long shot.
The waterfront hub plan which proposes bridging and building over all the rail yards you can see there is actually pretty well developed and about to go through an update. I'd expect it to begin construction within the next two decades.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7152  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 6:48 PM
rousseau's Avatar
rousseau rousseau is offline
Registered Drug User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 4,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
A bit fuzzy but shows a lot of construction. Also shows the slope running down to the harbour. This view would be way more impressive if the tallest buildings were near the top of the hill and the short ones were near the bottom, but it's the other way around due to height limits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonovision View Post
The new Sackville St canyon from the Dartmouth side.

20180415_175530 by Jonovision23, on Flickr
Nice. Are there stop signs on those streets, or can you do the length of those downhills on a bike at high speed?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7153  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 6:50 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Think about Winnipeg.
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post
^Opposite view of new Sackville St. Canyon.

Nova Center Looking Down Sackville Street by Rodney Hickey, on Flickr
Now that is pretty.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7154  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 7:10 PM
shappy's Avatar
shappy shappy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,998
Halifax looking good.
__________________
Yolo
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7155  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 7:12 PM
WpG_GuY's Avatar
WpG_GuY WpG_GuY is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 1,474

@DanHarperPhoto
Just got off a helicopter for @Cavalia their tent may look small from the air compared to the #Winnipeg skyline but it’s HUGE inside!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7156  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 8:34 PM
Pinion Pinion is offline
See ya down under, mates
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,168
.

Last edited by Pinion; Apr 18, 2018 at 1:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7157  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 9:17 PM
Brizzy82 Brizzy82 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 493
Rarely seen angle of Winnipeg skyline, nice shot!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7158  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 9:19 PM
Airboy Airboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton/St Albert
Posts: 5,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by WpG_GuY View Post
Just got off a helicopter for @Cavalia their tent may look small from the air compared to the #Winnipeg skyline but it’s HUGE inside!
When they were here the tent looked quite massive once it is fully assembled with all of the ancillary tents and trailers.
__________________
Why complain about the weather? Its always going to be here. You on the other hand will not.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7159  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 9:55 PM
isaidso isaidso is offline
The New Republic
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Provinces of America
Posts: 8,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
Nice. Are there stop signs on those streets, or can you do the length of those downhills on a bike at high speed?
Traffic light half way down at Barrington Street.
__________________
World's First Documented Baseball Game: Beachville, Ontario, June 4th, 1838.
World's First Documented Gridiron Game: University College, Toronto, November 9th, 1861.
Hamilton Tiger-Cats since 1869 & Toronto Argonauts since 1873: North America's 2 oldest pro football teams
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7160  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 10:16 PM
WpG_GuY's Avatar
WpG_GuY WpG_GuY is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 1,474



@SeanBarnes13
See you at midnight #Winnipeg @NHLJets vs @mnwild game 4. #GoJetsGo
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:58 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.