HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 10:36 PM
See ya down under, mates

Last edited by Pinion; Apr 18, 2018 at 1:11 AM.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:10 AM
SUSPENDED

Location: Another great post taking place from the best place on earth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion View Post
Because the lots are so obviously small that it's outrageous without exact measurements?

I posted the price per buildable square foot for the restaurant property and otherwise always link to the original listing.
You do not get it do you when you are listing a property lots of things come into consideration zoning being one of these. Your disinformation campaign is a waste of time.

I understand that there are some whom wish time would just stop and that things are the same always. The fact is both Toronto and Vancouver are world cities. With international implications it is not your grandfathers world anymore. Business is international not regional in these cities.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetmountainland View Post
You do not get it do you when you are listing a property lots of things come into consideration zoning being one of these. Your disinformation campaign is a waste of time.

I understand that there are some whom wish time would just stop and that things are the same always. The fact is both Toronto and Vancouver are world cities. With international implications it is not your grandfathers world anymore. Business is international not regional in these cities.
Houston and Dallas are international too.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:26 AM
SUSPENDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaterMontréal View Post
Houston and Dallas are international too.
Yes they most certainly are but the money flows to certain international cities.

London, New York, Hong Kong, Toronto, Vancouver, Sydney etc...

I think you understand what I am saying and I know someday Montreal will be in that league as well as Houston and Dallas.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:37 AM

Quote:
Yes they most certainly are but the money flows to certain international cities.

London, New York, Hong Kong, Toronto, Vancouver, Sydney etc...

I think you understand what I am saying and I know someday Montreal will be in that league as well as Houston and Dallas.
No we don't want it, and Houston and Dallas neither. Housing will always be cheaper in Montréal, Dallas and Houston. That's why Houston and Dallas are growing at a rapid pace. Vancouver is now growing at a slower speed than Montréal. that's a first.
The median household income in Vancouver is about the same as in Montréal.
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tabl...il107a-eng.htm

Last edited by GreaterMontréal; Apr 17, 2018 at 2:52 AM.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:50 AM
SUSPENDED

Quote:
No we don't want it, and Houston and Dallas neither. Housing will always be cheaper in Montréal, Dallas and Houston. That's why Houston and Dallas are growing at a rapid pace. Vancouver is now growing at a slower speed than Montréal. that's a first.
Well do not worry you will not get it your provincial politics are so dysfunctional the reality of investing in Montreal is probably not a thing. Also, you are talking about Vancouver proper yes it is not growing so fast but the greater area is growing faster than greater Montreal.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 2:58 AM
SUSPENDED

Greater Montreal I always have fun reading your posts especially your edited posts two minutes after I have posted my reply. I find it priceless like I am sure many others do!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Well do not worry you will not get it your provincial politics are so dysfunctional the reality of investing in Montreal is probably not a thing. Also, you are talking about Vancouver proper yes it is not growing so fast but the greater area is growing faster than greater Montreal.
no it's not, CMA estimates
Montréal +49k (+1.2%)
Vancouver +29k (+1.14%)

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tabl...emo05a-eng.htm

Quote:
Greater Montreal I always have fun reading your posts especially your edited posts two minutes after I have posted my reply. I find it priceless like I am sure many others do!
I edit my posts cause my english is not as good as my french.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:07 AM
SUSPENDED

Quote:
no it's not, CMA estimates
Montréal +49k (+1.2%)
Vancouver +29k (+1.14%)

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tabl...emo05a-eng.htm

I edit my posts cause my english is not as good as my french.
Well thank you for correcting me than.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 7:37 AM

Vancouver is actually one of the slowest growing metros in the country. BC is also the only province where its largest centre is growing slower than the provincial average.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 8:12 AM

He's just making that up. Vancouver is 11 out of 35 in Metro area growth.

https://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quot.../t003a-eng.htm

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 8:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
He's just making that up. Vancouver is 11 out of 35 in Metro area growth.

https://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quot.../t003a-eng.htm
?

https://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quot...g-a001-eng.htm

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 4:44 PM

I am talking the newest 2016 to 2017 CMA estimates. The price of housing is 100% responsible for Vancouver`s relatively slow growth.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 5:31 PM
See ya down under, mates

Last edited by Pinion; Apr 18, 2018 at 1:10 AM.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 5:53 PM

Quote:
I understand that there are some whom wish time would just stop
Didn't SSPer Aylmer very clearly advise you to stop using the dative altogether given that you obviously can't use it right, and always just go with "who" in all cases? You should listen to him.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 6:56 PM

Quote:

Only to nouveaux riche peasants from China would Vancouver seem a world city. It is second tier in every way.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Only to nouveaux riche peasants from China would Vancouver seem a world city. It is second tier in every way.
I'm a long time reader, first time poster. I laughed at this because it is absolutely true.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion View Post
I'm leaving this country ASAP, and once I'm gone, I don't give a shit what happens. I won't continue to post here like giallo and SpongeBC and others who have left. I can't WAIT to get out, and would've been out a decade ago if my wife was on board back then.
Why wait until you leave?

If you're so checked out and hate it so much just stop posting today. For some of us Canada is still home and we still like it, so your toxic posts are not really not appreciated.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 10:34 PM
SUSPENDED

House Prices In Canada Are Now Under The Control Of Global Forces

Quote:
But before you throw all the blame on China's nouveau riche, it's worth noting that the IMF sees a number of reasons for this trend, beyond simply foreign buyers:

— Corporate money flowing into the housing market. "Institutional investors, private equity firms, and Real Estate Investment Trusts have been increasingly active in major cities such as Amsterdam, Sydney, and Vancouver as they seek out higher returns," the IMF said on its blog.

— Globally co-ordinated interest rates. "The world's major central banks have kept interest rates unusually low for a long time in a bid to stimulate growth," the IMF says. "That has produced a ripple effect of low borrowing costs, including cheap mortgages, across the globe, which has helped push up prices."

— A more synchronized world economy. "In 2017, growth picked up in 120 economies, accounting for three-quarters of world GDP," the IMF noted. "It was the broadest synchronized growth surge since 2010."

Intervention works

Fortunately, the IMF report found that government policy can be effective in decoupling housing markets from global trends.

"Policy actions to cool down hot housing markets remain effective and can have the additional benefit of taming house price synchronicity," the IMF said. "Such actions include raising property taxes and stamp duties and limiting the size of a home loan in relation to a home's value."

That's pretty much exactly what various governments in Canada have been doing. Both British Columbia and Ontario have introduced foreign buyers' taxes in the hottest property markets in those provinces, while Canada's federal banking regulator, OSFI, has in effect "limited the size of a home loan" by introducing "stress tests" on mortgages that reduce home buying power by about 20 per cent.

The decoupling of living costs from local economic realities could create massive disruption to households' quality of life.
Associations representing real estate agents have been calling on governments to pull back on these policies, arguing they are harming the housing market. And indeed the latest numbers do suggest a significant slowdown in the market in the wake of the new mortgage rules.

But the IMF's findings suggest these new rules may have been a good idea after all — and if housing markets still continue to decouple from local economies, more regulatory action may be called for.
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/0...mf_a_23412706/

Great article here to read for those interested!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
Why wait until you leave?

If you're so checked out and hate it so much just stop posting today. For some of us Canada is still home and we still like it, so your toxic posts are not really not appreciated.
Canada has much to improve, but it's a work in progress, and most people agree it is certainly one of the best places in the world to live.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada