HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:27 AM
Trudeaupeopleiac

I wish I could suggest an ideologue for you to read but since I don't subscribe to them the way you do, I can't think of any. I've made my opinions on my own instead of letting others make them for me, that's why they're so disjointed and cynical.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:28 AM

Location: Another great post taking place from the best place on earth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
I wish I could suggest an ideologue for you to read but since I don't subscribe to them the way you do, I can't think of any. I've made my opinions on my own instead of letting others make them for me, that's why they're so disjointed and cynical.
I would not call Jung an ideologue but he would change your life view I think Jung is the truth

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:29 AM
Trudeaupeopleiac

You're right, the ideologue is the one who follows the ideology, not the one who espouses it. My mistake! I am un-'ed-yoo-kay-ted.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 4:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Great example. The Feds violated the Constitution will the NEP as natural resource development is entirely under provincial jurisdiction. Even though the courts eventually ruled against the Federal government, the banana republic like actions scared away investment for many years.
Hmm but if natural resources are a provincial jurisdiction, why are Albertans running to Justin to get their tar to market?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 4:56 AM

Location: Another great post taking place from the best place on earth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Hmm but if natural resources are a provincial jurisdiction, why are Albertans running to Justin to get their tar to market?
I for one totally disagree with Justin Trudeau the best way for the oil to get to market is to stop the flow because the retards will always win if you do not stop the flow to the market!

Canada as a country makes lots of money because of their natural resources however people like whatnext destroy the market with retarded ideology! The idea is to appose with disregard for reality!

Last edited by sunsetmountainland; Apr 17, 2018 at 5:11 AM.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 5:55 AM
Made in Edmonton

Quote:

I hope you are joking with this comment.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 6:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Star View Post
I hope you are joking with this comment.
Well every comment of yours is a joke.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 7:04 AM
Made in Edmonton

Quote:
Well every comment of yours is a joke.

lol...

Well thanks pal.

https://youtu.be/jac4hPPevYg

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 1:52 PM

So our PM just made a speech to the French National Assembly. Will critics focus on his choice of a French blue suit for the occasion, I wonder?

(Actually, he seems to live in that suit - somebody needs to tell him about navy blue and slate grey!)

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
So our PM just made a speech to the French National Assembly. Will critics focus on his choice of a French blue suit for the occasion, I wonder?

(Actually, he seems to live in that suit - somebody needs to tell him about navy blue and slate grey!)
But what kind of socks was he wearing? I’m sure Black Star has a burning desire to know.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 3:30 PM

Quote:

Sleeves rolled up? Or he must have kept his jacket on...

He only tries to project the image of the common man doing town halls I suppose.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Because the BC government is trying to unjustly interfere with the schedule of the project, knowingthey are breaking the law, from the BC environment minister. This is a case where the federal government needs to interject.

Just to be clear too, it's not just Alberta that is officially calling on the federal government to impose its authority to see this project move forward. Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Nova Scotia are also calling for the Feds to step up.

Hopefully that's made clear to you now.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackslack View Post
Because the BC government is trying to unjustly interfere with the schedule of the project, knowingthey are breaking the law, from the BC environment minister. This is a case where the federal government needs to interject.
How are they unjustly interfering with the schedule? What bills have they introduced that restrict the flow of goods between provinces, like Alberta has done?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 5:38 PM

Quote:

He didn't wear a béret and bring a baguette as props? He's learning fast!

(I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy: we could easily be more of an international laughing stock than we currently are, so that's at least that.)

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Just to be clear too, it's not just Alberta that is officially calling on the federal government to impose its authority to see this project move forward. Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Nova Scotia are also calling for the Feds to step up.

Hopefully that's made clear to you now.
FYI, even all of those provinces combined only amounts to 20% of Canada's population "calling for the Feds to step up". Is it supposed to be impressive...?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
FYI, even all of those provinces combined only amounts to 20% of Canada's population "calling for the Feds to step up". Is it supposed to be impressive...?
It's also balanced by Quebec weighing in and saying Trudeau's actions are "not a good sign for federalism". Quebec's population is about 22% of Canada's population.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 6:13 PM

I expect JT finds the idea of losing most of his Quebec MPs and all of his BC MPs to be pretty scary.....

Will he side with Alberta? Cue that animated GIF of Michael Jackson eating popcorn in Thriller.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanSpice View Post
How are they unjustly interfering with the schedule? What bills have they introduced that restrict the flow of goods between provinces, like Alberta has done?
Exactly.

Lost in the unhinged rants from Albertans is the fact BC has introduced no legislation whatsoever regarding Transmountain. They merely said they were investigating the possibility of doing so.

The only real actions they have taken is to request intervener status in a lawsuit launched by various First Nations against the NEB's approval of the Transmountain expansion and to appeal an NEB ruling that allowed KM to bypass existing Burnaby bylaws relating to construction.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 3:41 AM
Made in Edmonton

John Ivison: Expect another humiliating climb-down by Trudeau Liberals over $7B 'slush fund.

Their latest attempt to circumvent scrutiny in the Commons is the budgetary equivalent of the kind of omnibus bill the Liberals said they would never introduce.

The Liberals are torn. They’d like to live up to their own lofty rhetoric about building a shining beacon on Parliament Hill.

But they’d prefer not to be constrained in any way by the inconvenient logistics of Parliament.

The government’s latest attempt to circumvent the scrutiny of the House of Commons is a streamlining of the budgetary process that would limit Parliament to vote just once on all the spending measures in the recent budget.

It’s the budgetary equivalent of the kind of omnibus bill the Liberals said they would never introduce.

The vote would give Treasury Board President Scott Brison unprecedented discretion over $7 billion, on the promise that the House will be informed about all the messy details at a later date.

Brison has promised to overhaul the estimates process to align it with the federal budget, with the aim of speeding up spending approvals and improving scrutiny.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/john...-7b-slush-fund

Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 7:20 AM

Quote:
Sleeves rolled up? Or he must have kept his jacket on...

He only tries to project the image of the common man doing town halls I suppose.
Did you wear your Oilers jersey over a pair of overalls at your wedding?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada