HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 5:06 AM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2017 in Zermatt, Switzerland

Zermatt is a wonderful car-free base to explore the Matterhorn. Expensive and glitzy, everyone is at the mercy of the weather gods.

Gornergrat Bahn opened in 1898 as the world's first electric cog railway. It rises from just across the main railway station in Zermatt to the viewing platform at 3089m for a beautiful view of the Matterhorn.

Webcams at the station and online show whether the top is sufficiently clear to make the trip worthwhile. There is no point paying all that money to be hidden inside a cloud.

Mountain weather is unpredictable, and the skies magically cleared out at the top. Snow-capped mountains everywhere, walk uphill and up the stairs a bit for the viewing platform where you are on top of the world.

More in the next part or visit my website : http://www.globalphotos.org/zermatt.htm

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos