HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 5:44 PM

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 6:00 PM

^^^ Not bad. Glad its pushed up against the corner and not in the dead center of the block. I guess this leaves the rest of the block open for development later. Overall looks good, something you would expect in south park. Great infill. Its future neighbor across the street will need it. Too bad they didnt get rid of the pedestrian bridges.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat23 View Post
Great looking tower!

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 6:40 PM
Urbanite in Suburbia

Looks pretty nice. Like that they aren't adding any parking.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 6:42 PM

Looks great to me.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 8:40 PM

With this new World Trade Center tower and the LA Grand Hotel across the street, the enormous terrace of the Union Bank complex is a sitting duck. Would love to see a second tower added to that site as an infill.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 3:34 AM

Beautiful tower.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 4:42 AM

How do yall think this plays out?

Quote:
FBI corruption probe of L.A. City Hall focuses on downtown development boom

The warrant, which was filed in federal court in November but reviewed by The Times this weekend, sheds new light on the investigation and shows federal investigators are seeking records related not only to Huizar but also other City Hall officials, including Councilman Curren Price and current or former aides to Huizar, Council President Herb Wesson and Mayor Eric Garcetti.

Those developers also have been told to provide information on any contributions they have made to Huizar’s reelection bid, his officeholder committee, any legal defense fund or his alma mater, Bishop Mora Salesian High School, the sources said. The subpoenas seek information on any donations made to two political committees with ties to Huizar — Community Support PAC and Families for a Better Los Angeles.

Developers in Huizar’s district also have been instructed to provide information on any gifts, meals, trips, vacations, flights, event tickets or rounds of golf they have provided to Huizar, his staff or any other council member, the sources said. Among the information sought in the warrant were records related to trips to Las Vegas and stays at four hotels, including the Palazzo and Caesars Palace. The document does not explain why investigators want them.
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...114-story.html

We still need more housing here though!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 4:42 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Not half bad! The base is atrocious, but there's not much you can do in that area without changes to the Bunker Hill General Plan, which I would wager they are not pursuing.

Edit: Trae, you beat me to it!

Regarding the LA Hotel proposal, I think that may be dead in the water for the time being, seeing that the project is currently wrapped up in the FBI Investigation of the offices of Jose Huizar, Curren Price, and Herb Wesson. Sadly, it seems as if Shenzhen-Hazens might get caught up in this as well. I think it's early days, so no one knows what will happen or if anyone or entity will be charged with any criminal activity. But the optics aren't great, and I wager this will put some wind behind the sails of some of the more anti-development-minded folks in the City.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 6:34 AM

Lightbulb

^^^ Yeah its a bit annoying. We all knew something was odd when the million dollar tax breaks were being handed out left and right so easily at one point and Huizar felt the need to be snug in every photo-op with some of these developers, especially with Metropolis, but honestly show me a politician that doesn't get their hands dirty someway somehow then maybe I'll blink. Huizar is guilty of being a cocky bonehead.

At the end of the day, its not like the FBI can order Metropolis or Oceanwide to be torn down (If they can, i'll chain myself to both). All they'll do is give him light jail time or probation and make developments even harder to get done in this city now, that red tape just turned burgundy. I'm just annoyed that 1. Luxe might be put on the far back burner and 2. Our new proposed tallest will sit on the shelf until someone else steps in to get it done and 3. the prospect that Downtown and regional nimbys will have more ammo against any new developments is what makes me annoyed the most. I just don't understand why people have to be greedy and take the crooked road "allegedly".

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 6:45 AM
Inveterate Angeleno

This is actual density... 571 units on a relatively small-footprint lot. Compare this to that ridiculous Aven project (roughly the same height and number of units) where more of the lot is dedicated to that abominable parking podium.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 3:39 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

To be fair to Aven, this project already has a ton of parking built into it, for the office building and the YMCA. That's the only reason they're not adding a new structure.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 4:12 PM

Is it replacing the World Trade Center of just the parking structure? That site could fit up to three towers.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RST500 View Post
Is it replacing the World Trade Center of just the parking structure? That site could fit up to three towers.
Just the parking.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 7:03 PM

https://la.curbed.com/2019/1/15/1818...zhen-new-world

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 112597jorge View Post
https://la.curbed.com/2019/1/15/1818...zhen-new-world

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves just yet.
From that comes these renderings-

https://www.d-kgroup.com/333-figueroa

I posted the 2 or 3 we haven't seen before but they are enormous. Maybe someone else can down res.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 7:36 PM

More manageable sized photos here:

*Send PM for updates/edits/corrections*

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 7:57 PM

Not sure who owns the Union Bank builidng now (is it still Union Bank?) but, dear god, please develop your terrace:

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 9:21 PM

So many small, under-used residential/commercial buildings just a few blocks north of and east of bunker hill... Hope they all get torn down some day and replaced by decent-size towers!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 9:22 PM

^^^ I second that, I believe that both plaza/terraces next to the BOFA tower and Union Bank tower BOTH need to be redeveloped asap. Both sites can sit two moderately sized Residential towers. 4 dense residential towers, including the one on the trade center making it 5, can really transform that area, especially sooo close to the future metro station.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations