HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 8:35 PM

I think Chevy and his team have done a fairly good job in drafting. Trades he's done okay on, for the most part. Trades have been very limited as we all know. Free Agent signings are almost not existent beyond bottom feeders. Perreault being the exception.

It's the coaching. That's where I see the problem.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 8:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammon View Post
I wouldn't say that he has regressed, but he clearly is not handling the pressure well, whether that's due to a lack of confidence, lack of coaching, or whatever. Granted, I will admit that the defense have allowed him to be over-exposed at times and ripe for the picking, Mason is also not playing with confidence. When you look at Helle and Mason, there is no comparison as to how they are handling it. For every save Helle has been making, he has looked confident.
I've always said that Helle can become an elite NHL goalie with the proper coaching. He has excelled at every level he has played at, and was on fire for the first couple of months as a Jet. Like every other Jets goalie, he regressed. He hired a goaltending coach for the off-season, and regains his form. I don't think that is a coincidence.

Carey Price regressed as well around the 2009-10 season, but the Canadiens hired the right goaltending coaches, Price changed his form and got his confidence back, and the rest is history. I'm not sure what Flaherty is doing with the goalies, but it has never worked.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2017, 5:32 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
I've always said that Helle can become an elite NHL goalie with the proper coaching. He has excelled at every level he has played at, and was on fire for the first couple of months as a Jet. Like every other Jets goalie, he regressed. He hired a goaltending coach for the off-season, and regains his form. I don't think that is a coincidence.

Carey Price regressed as well around the 2009-10 season, but the Canadiens hired the right goaltending coaches, Price changed his form and got his confidence back, and the rest is history. I'm not sure what Flaherty is doing with the goalies, but it has never worked.
Canadiens are one of the worst teams in the league this year. So what's happening to Proce now ?

As for Helle. We will see if he can maintain this or if it's just a hot streak. I'm hoping it's not amd this is the new Helle

Old Posted Oct 21, 2017, 10:59 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote View Post
Canadiens are one of the worst teams in the league this year. So what's happening to Proce now ?

As for Helle. We will see if he can maintain this or if it's just a hot streak. I'm hoping it's not amd this is the new Helle
Most evidence points out to Helle being an elite goalie. He excelled for years in every league he played for, and set records in 2015 for USA at the World Championships before his first NHL game. He was above average for his rookie season, but had a disappointing year in 2016-17. Carey Price is regarded as the World's best goaltender over the last decade, and he even struggled at times (2008-10, the lockout season).

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 7:15 PM

I'm so happy they changed the goal song again. I actually don't mind it

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...brate+phantoms

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 6:28 AM

Apparently TNSE added 27 seats to BellMTS this offseason, pushing the number to 15,321 – according to this article (at the bottom). Anyone know where they did this?

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Apparently TNSE added 27 seats to BellMTS this offseason, pushing the number to 15,321 – according to this article (at the bottom). Anyone know where they did this?
72 more seats and MTS Centre will have as many seats as the old Winnipeg Arena!

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 2:04 PM

They did the seat replacements last summer from what I remember? Not this past summer. That would be my only thought as to how/where they could cram in more seats. Unless they added maybe 1 seat per section into some corner that was made available by the seat replacements.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
72 more seats and MTS Centre will have as many seats as the old Winnipeg Arena!
Reduce the seat size and they could go over 20k.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
They did the seat replacements last summer from what I remember? Not this past summer. That would be my only thought as to how/where they could cram in more seats. Unless they added maybe 1 seat per section into some corner that was made available by the seat replacements.
No, this year they added 27 more, separate from the renos the year before.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertocarlos View Post
Reduce the seat size and they could go over 20k.
I'm a porky 215 lb 5'9" guy, the seats can't get much smaller than they are currently as I'm feeling them to be a little tight if I'm sitting beside a bigger porker

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 5:39 PM

Seat size has got to be at the bare minimum already.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 5:40 PM

Quote:
No, this year they added 27 more, separate from the renos the year before.
Ya. So my second kinda point was that maybe during this summer, after last years seat reno, they realized hey we can fit an extra seat in these locations. Such as in the corners where the angles change. From my understanding they replaced the entire bottom section of moveable seats. After install, there might have been room for the extra seat.

Cause I don't think they added a full row anywhere, in only section or two sections to get 27 seats. But maybe they did.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Just a guess but as it was done fairly quietly I think it might be something like the Bud Lounge, the suite level, or the press box. aka not areas most people ever see. Perhaps this one done by deleting some camera positions and instead changed to fixed mount, remote operated cameras like those over the goals and center ice.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Seat size has got to be at the bare minimum already.
I don't think there was much if any seat size increase going from Winnipeg Arena to MTS Centre. Contrast with IGF where pretty well everyone's seating became more spacious and comfortable.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 7:49 PM

In 1950 we were all slim. Now I'm 205lbs 5'8". I need some space. Or a diet.

The Jets need a new arena.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 3:08 PM
jammon member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Just a guess but as it was done fairly quietly I think it might be something like the Bud Lounge, the suite level, or the press box. aka not areas most people ever see. Perhaps this one done by deleting some camera positions and instead changed to fixed mount, remote operated cameras like those over the goals and center ice.
They took out two of the four ice level entrances. My seats are in section 123 and we were at the barrier last season with nothing below but the entrance. They added (from my count) about 15 seats which goes down to ice level now. This area was typically for photographers, ice-level press and sometimes the players would come when they were injured to sign autographs and see their families. It was always fun to look down and see who was wandering around down there. I often got to see players.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 3:16 PM

^ That makes sense. It always looked to me as though MTS Centre had more entrances to ice level than other NHL rinks... I'm not sure why it needed quite so many.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 3:25 PM

I didn't even notice the difference, will have to take a look. Thanks for the info.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2017, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammon View Post
They took out two of the four ice level entrances. My seats are in section 123 and we were at the barrier last season with nothing below but the entrance. They added (from my count) about 15 seats which goes down to ice level now. This area was typically for photographers, ice-level press and sometimes the players would come when they were injured to sign autographs and see their families. It was always fun to look down and see who was wandering around down there. I often got to see players.
Ahh, didn't notice either. Did they ask if you wanted to move down first since you used to be the first row?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan