HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 1:45 AM

on the way for london

photo by lfp

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 3:49 AM
gettin' rich!

I'm looking forward to the groundbreaking on that project in 2020 when all the units would have been sold.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 4:46 AM

basic model of almost all future buildings for down-town Toronto done: many more obscure ones still to add. (I've added everyone that has a thread on this site) I uploaded them to Google earth, and, viola!

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 5:48 AM
ARTchitecture

Omg Southcore.... what a disaster. :'(

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 5:56 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
I'm looking forward to the groundbreaking on that project in 2020 when all the units would have been sold.

hahaha no shit eh! As soon as I saw that I'm like uhhhh... which London are we talking about here?

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 6:18 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoscStudent View Post
Jeddy1989 has used recent Land Use Assessment Report's and added all the new proposals into one of the view plane analysis's. It's not great but it gives an idea of how the skyline in St. John's may look in a few years.

You can't see 351 Water in this proposal, which is a shame.
Two of them have yet to be rezoned and approved, but it will be truly amazing (for Nimby friendly St.John's) if they get built.
351 Water will show up just behind where it says "Riverhead".
(351 Water, and Fortis (the yellow wood clad building) are already under construction.)
The grey building underneath the word "Riverhead" is the proposed Hilton, phase one; and the brick and glass building is a proposed office/condo Flatiron style building.

Last edited by Architype; Jan 12, 2012 at 6:41 AM.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 6:30 AM
Reason and Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log1988 View Post

Downtown Vancouver. Added Shangri-La, Georgia, Jameson House, and 1021 West Hastings. If I can find suitable renderings of the Turn and 475 Howe, I'll add them as well.

Photo taken by Bobanny, 2007.
Modified by me.
Every building that you "added" already exists with the exception of 1021 West Hastings. The Shangri-La, for example, was completed about four years ago. Georgia and Jameson House have been built for over a year now. In fact, this photo is actually missing at least three prominent, skyline-changing buildings that have been built since 2007, such as Capitol, Patina and West Pender Place. This is more a render of the past than the future.

Last edited by Prometheus; Jan 12, 2012 at 6:56 AM.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 6:52 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Every building that you "added" already exists with the exception of 1021 West Hastings. The Shangri-La, for example, was completed about four years ago. Georgia and Jameson House have been built for over a year now. In fact, this photo is actually missing some prominent buildings that have been built since 2007, such as Patina and West Pender Place. This is more a render of the past than the future.
Except for the Shangri-La, most of these new ones which are already built do not even exist on Google Earth, and certainly not on the 5 year old photo he is using.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 7:30 AM
Reason and Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architype View Post

Except for the Shangri-La, most of these new ones which are already built do not even exist on Google Earth...
What relevance does their appearance on Google Earth have? They appear in the thousands of photos taken from the exact same location and found everywhere online, including right here on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architype View Post

...and certainly not on the 5 year old photo he is using.
Duh. Which raises the question of why someone is using a 5 year old photo and "adding" buildings that have existed for years in a "future skyline" thread, especially when the photo being used is so dated that some of Vancouver's most recent and prominent skyline-changing buildings do not even appear in it, making it a reflection of the past more than a portrayal of the future.

That said, I applaud the person's effort, even if it is peculiar.

Last edited by Prometheus; Jan 12, 2012 at 7:41 AM.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 7:41 AM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
basic model of almost all future buildings for down-town Toronto done: many more obscure ones still to add. (I've added everyone that has a thread on this site) I uploaded them to Google earth, and, viola!
Nice work with the models! 1BE looks too wide though, but these really give an idea of how the 70 story towers close to the lake are going to change the skyline.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 12:59 PM

ya, thats something i have to change. it was difficult to tell how wide it was until that newest render came out, at which point i had already made the model of it.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 4:00 PM

With regards to my choice of photograph and addition of existing buildings: at the time I had just acquired a trial version of Photoshop Elements and was just fooling around with some of the features, trying to combine elements from different photos into one. The decision to add the Oxford tower and post the image here were kind of afterthoughts.

Last edited by Log1988; Jan 12, 2012 at 4:56 PM.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2012, 2:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post

Well they want to start construction this year.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2012, 3:09 AM
gettin' rich!

Have they(the developers) sold 60%?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2012, 4:59 AM

It's not common for developers in london to presell a condo for example our tallest u/c is condo and they started selling after construction started and they did just fine. It was around 60% sold in a week so this one could start without sales.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2012, 5:53 AM
ARTchitecture

Wow I didn't realize that about the Renaissance! That's great news then! London is expanding it's skyline in all directions it seems, the Crown On King outside of the core, this outside of the core, and the Ren inside! Wow Good work!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2012, 12:54 AM

Same vantage point. More recent photo. More proposals.

Original photo by jmnoguera
I didn't realize how little there was to add here until well after I started. I'll have to find a good photo that includes downtown south.
Edit: Looks like 475 Howe is missing its mast. Oops.

Last edited by Log1988; Jan 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2012, 6:46 AM

Nice job! About time we saw some renders for Vancouver Any way you can do one for Metrotown??

Old Posted Jan 15, 2012, 7:27 AM

imo the entire lake shore of Toronto if grossly misconceived. a travesty that needs to be addressed by better people than the past or present. its like not one thing put forward looks anywhere near as good as it could be. every render i see of this lake front is shitty at best. why is it so? there is so much potential for a world beating lake front skyline. yet the city planers always show something out of any skyline lovers worst nightmare. that's my strong opinion.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2012, 9:23 AM
ARTchitecture

I'd love to see a render of the future Metrotown skyline. I tried to make one once but didn't work out.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada