HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Steuart Lane in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 14, 2015, 2:08 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Ha! That's exactly what came to mind for me as well. I recalled how disappointing Linea turned out compared to the renderings and hope it doesn't happen again here.

The scale and material of the panes will make or break this, as we learned from Linea. They appear to have some color or texture variation that looks nice, and are at a pleasing size compared to the rest of the building. Hope that doesn't change.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 4:57 PM

The 220-foot version of this tower was approved by the Planning Commission last night, but it could still be appealed and delayed:

Quote:
While reduced in height to fit within the principal zoning for the site, which allows for development up to 200-feet in height with the potential for another 20 feet depending upon the building’s design, the Commission granted an exception from the City’s Planning Code to allow for the full 220-feet, which could provide fodder for opponents of the project who had organized to “Save Rincon Park” (and their views).
The Business Times has this tidbit:

Quote:
The opposition was mostly drowned out late Thursday night by a string of public commenters from emerging groups like San Francisco Bay Area Renters Federation advocating for more housing supply regardless of price points. "We’ve torn down the Embarcadero freeway and the real wall on the waterfront. Everyone agrees it's a good thing. That parking garage is one of the only relics left," said Kyle Huey, a member of SFBARF who works near 75 Howard.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2015, 10:44 PM

The Board of Supervisors unanimously voted to allow the project to go forward by rejecting the appeal:

Quote:
Barring any further legal battles, the proposed luxury condo and mixed-use high-rise at 75 Howard St. will move ahead, after a unanimous decision by the Board of Supervisors in the early morning hours of Wednesday. The board voted to reject an appeal to an environmental impact review (EIR) of the project, which was brought by many of the same opponents who fought the proposed 8 Washington condos and have been involved in other waterfront development debates.
Quote:
Earlier this week, Paramount also voluntarily increased its percentage of in-lieu affordable housing fees from $9.7 million (equivalent to the required 20 percent) to $15.7 million (roughly equivalent to 33 percent).
Quote:
The Planning Department voted 5-1 to approve the 75 Howard project on September 3rd; the Board of Supervisors doesn't need to give its OK to the project as a whole, because there are no height or zoning changes needed. But that doesn't mean opponents won't consider further litigation, or, as in the case of 8 Washington, try to gather signatures for a ballot referendum against the project.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2015, 6:23 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Good. I hope they don't try putting something on the ballot or try to block it with lawsuits.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Jan 30, 2016, 2:44 AM

https://www.bisnow.com/san-francisco...hallenge-55202

Quote:
The board also voted down 4-1 the challenge to the city planning commission's approval of a height exception for the 220-foot building planned at 75 Howard St.
one more hurdle cleared for this one.

someone should change the title to 20 stories, 220 feet to roof 240 feet to top of architecture.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2016, 7:17 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Thread title revised.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Exclusive: Chicago developer to buy prime San Francisco waterfront tower site
Apr 26, 2017, 2:00pm PDT Updated Apr 26, 2017, 2:21pm PDT
Roland Li
Reporter, San Francisco Business Times

(Chicago) Developer John Buck Co. and partners are in contract to buy a prime housing site a block from San Francisco's waterfront, according to three sources.

The seller is New York-based Paramount Group, which won approval for the 133-unit condo project at 75 Howard St. in 2016. The 220-foot tower hasn't started construction and the existing parking garage on the site hasn't been demolished.

One source said the pending sales price is about $95 million, or around $714,000 per approved unit. If it closes around that price, the deal would be one of the highest prices paid per unit for a San Francisco development site . . . .

Construction permits for the 75 Howard St. project valued at $146 million were approved in September, according to city records. If the deal closes around $95 million, John Buck Co. would likely have to sell the project's condos for over $2 million each to make a profit . . . .
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...993&j=78035251

Old Posted May 11, 2017, 11:46 PM

Those Chicagoans flipped it almost instantly:

Quote:
Chinese investor breaks San Francisco record with $110 million land deal
May 11, 2017, 2:33pm PDT Updated May 11, 2017, 2:45pm PDT

Chinese investor SRE Group Ltd. has completed a record-breaking $110 million deal to buy waterfront land in San Francisco.

SRE said it closed on an 80 percent stake in 75 Howard St., a site approved for 120 condos. The deal values the project at over $1 million per approved unit, the highest rate ever paid in San Francisco. CoStar confirmed the price.

As the Business Times first reported, Chicago-based developer John Buck Co. has also acquired a stake in the project. SRE Group's involvement wasn't previously public.

“This transaction illustrates the continued interest from Chinese developers in high-profile development sites in San Francisco. 75 Howard is a one-of-a-kind development site on San Francisco’s waterfront and the project will be the city’s premier ultra-luxury condominium development," said Rob Hielscher, managing director at JLL, who represented the seller, in a statement.

The land price combined with estimated constructions costs would require the developers to sell each condo for over $2 million to break even on their investment . . . .
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...127&j=78151351

This reminds me of the 1980s when Japan was flying high and Japanese were buying up everything just before both countries went into recession.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 7:36 AM
heavy user of walkability

1977 reported in the main rundown thread that this one is moving forward, with info from here

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
1977 reported in the main rundown thread that this one is moving forward, with info from here
Thanks, timbad. I should have added this and 636 4th to their respective threads.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 6:04 PM

Looks to have been "value engineered" from the earlier, more interesting version:

seems to have become

Source both images: https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...tion-pgre.html

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 9:43 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Looks to have been "value engineered" from the earlier, more interesting version
As first noted in post #25, going on two years ago.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 11:13 PM

Ill, gross!

Are we sure that's not an older rendering?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
As first noted in post #25, going on two years ago.
Post #31 (from Socketsite in July 2015) has what I posted as the earlier version saying it's the "new" design at that point. Either we've reverted to the post #25 version (which came from a Socketsite piece in May 2015) which seems to have been older or something's confused.

Frankly, I now believe and hope the BizTimes used an old rendering--I hope they did because I very much like the post #31 version better. The version from the new BizTimes looks to me like a 1960s throwback.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Post #31 (from Socketsite in July 2015) has what I posted as the earlier version saying it's the "new" design at that point. Either we've reverted to the post #25 version (which came from a Socketsite piece in May 2015) which seems to have been older or something's confused.

Frankly, I now believe and hope the BizTimes used an old rendering--I hope they did because I very much like the post #31 version better. The version from the new BizTimes looks to me like a 1960s throwback.
Yeah, the BizTimes messed up. That is a rendering of an older and taller version.

This is the newest version...and the version being built.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 2:16 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Much better and a relief...thanks guys!

Old Posted Mar 25, 2018, 5:22 AM

Walked by today and there's scaffolding on the outside of the parking garage. Imagine they are making preparations to demolish it.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2018, 7:23 PM

Yep!

From J.K. Dineen's Twitter:
Quote:
Demolition started yesterday on the eight story parking garage at 75 Howard St. coming soon: condos
https://twitter.com/SFjkdineen/statu...46269229166592

Old Posted Apr 4, 2018, 4:28 AM

Swinerton appears to be the G/C

Old Posted Apr 4, 2018, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
per propertymap.sf,planning.org, they have a demolition permit. The permits for excavation and shoring are still pending. They have a site permit, but they haven't even filed the addenda, so any actual construction seems like it would be several months away, at the earliest.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive