HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 5:40 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo1 View Post
Assuming to skate there that helmets are required?
100% on that one.

Skating is free. I'm not sure about skate rentals. There was to be a kiosk out front for skate rentals (and a little coffee shop), but tho has not been built (yet). Maybe skate rentals will be available in the Avenir Centre itself (plaza entrance from the ground floor meeting space for example).

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 12:10 AM

Concert announcement tomorrow morning

https://www.facebook.com/79768890372...2781816886116/

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 2:18 AM

Halifax is also having a Country announcement tomorrow.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 1:01 PM

Country band Old Dominion will play Halifax, Moncton and St-John's in May.

Should sell well. Atlantic Canada is Country territory!

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 1:38 PM

Not to put a damper on this thread, but now that the centre is open should the majority of posts from now on go to the downtown thread, QMJHL, or the Concerts thread instead?

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 3:18 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post
Not to put a damper on this thread, but now that the centre is open should the majority of posts from now on go to the downtown thread, QMJHL, or the Concerts thread instead?
Agree about the concert news or QMJHL news (although nobody has started a Q League thread for this year yet).

If there is any other news regarding the Avenir Centre itself, or the outdoor plaza however, I still think it's fair game to place that news here rather than in the downtown thread. For example, if there are further improvements to the plaza (like the coffee shop/skate rental kiosk which hasn't been built yet), then I think it should belong here.

I'm pretty confident there will still be news and/or comments about the Avenir Centre moving forward which won't be directly hockey/basketball/concert related........

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

I'm pretty confident there will still be news and/or comments about the Avenir Centre moving forward which won't be directly hockey/basketball/concert related........
Like the silence of the sound of hockey!

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
Like the silence of the sound of hockey!
I present an homage to hockey at the Avenir Centre, if the discourse here is to be believed.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 2:26 PM

It's how Avenir is going to recoup their naming rights. They'll sell hearing aids so people can hear the hockey games at their centre.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 2:45 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I was asking around the Avenir Centre tonight between periods at the hockey game, and the rumour is that the Tim Horton's outlet on the concourse level won't be ready till December.

I wonder what the hold up is??

Timmies would be busy from day one, just like it was at the Coliseum.......

Old Posted Oct 21, 2018, 3:59 PM
I Rise Again

I was at the centre today to buy tickets for the Wildcats game at 4pm and I asked how many tickets were left for the UFC. She wasn't able to give me an exact number but said it was busy........I'm assuming she was talking about the rate of ticket sales.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2018, 7:27 PM

Is there a plan to put a new outdoor camera up at the Centre. I have been looking and have not found one yet.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
Is there a plan to put a new outdoor camera up at the Centre. I have been looking and have not found one yet.
It's been set up, just not linked to the website. Will be up any day now.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonianSentinel01 View Post
I was at the centre today to buy tickets for the Wildcats game at 4pm and I asked how many tickets were left for the UFC. She wasn't able to give me an exact number but said it was busy........I'm assuming she was talking about the rate of ticket sales.
You can see the ticket sales online..Its not looking good.

Since this is more "building" related I thought I'd add this in there. There had been some early complaints regarding how long it took to get out of the building. Mostly this was for the sold out Keith Urban and Cats home opener, but for anyone who doesnt know, you can exit out any of the side doors around the mezzanine. Itll take you out to the Canada Street side in a matter of moments. Woulda been handy to direct people out that way for the big events.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2018, 11:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Moncton Magic have officially signed the contract allowing them to play at the Avenir Centre for the upcoming season.

https://www.telegraphjournal.com/tim...tory/100746219 (paywall)

Stadium capacity will be limited to 3,500-4,000 by curtaining off the ends of the arena.

Season's ticket packages will range from $231-$987. The pricier packages will include parking passes and access to the club lounge.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2018, 11:22 PM
I Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
You can see the ticket sales online..Its not looking good.
Yeah not trusting that Ticketmaster site much. I believe that the map that shows you what seats are left isn't accurate or not updated much. I looked at how many tickets were available for a few wildcat games and the map showed the exact same availability for seats for all 3 games......which I find hard to believe. Another time it showed less than 1000 seats left for a game and the attendance was just over 4000. So not sure what is going on there, but I don't find that map very accurate, whether it makes sense or not that has been my experience.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2018, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah not trusting that Ticketmaster site much. I believe that the map that shows you what seats are left isn't accurate or not updated much. I looked at how many tickets were available for a few wildcat games and the map showed the exact same availability for seats for all 3 games......which I find hard to believe. Another time it showed less than 1000 seats left for a game and the attendance was just over 4000. So not sure what is going on there, but I don't find that map very accurate, whether it makes sense or not that has been my experience.
I believe they do not open up all tickets for sale for the wildcats until they are needed. They would show as not available on the map, making the average person believe they were already sold.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2018, 12:07 AM
I Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJNB View Post
I believe they do not open up all tickets for sale for the wildcats until they are needed. They would show as not available on the map, making the average person believe they were already sold.
HHHmm, interesting, I wonder what kind of business sense or advantage this would make or give them?

Old Posted Oct 22, 2018, 12:24 AM
New Brunswick Urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJNB View Post
That would make sense - I was browsing the website for tickets to a Cats game on a Thursday night in January and it was not showing very much availability at all, which I found hard to believe. I can only assume they do that to make people like me purchase tickets sooner!

The fiancee and I are contemplating a trip to Moncton in the new year, and part of my rationale for going is to check out the new arena in action. If we do decide to go, I'll be sure to report back on my impressions.

“Forget the damned motor car and build the cities for lovers and friends.” –Lewis Mumford

Old Posted Oct 22, 2018, 12:29 AM

Quote:
HHHmm, interesting, I wonder what kind of business sense or advantage this would make or give them?
Ticketmaster UFC is 100% up to date because the show is planned for a full seating event.

As previously mentioned, the Wildcats game bleacher seats are greyed out (not for sale) maybe because they want the bulk of the folks sitting within the bottom bowl. Perhaps less of a hassle for cleaners. Either way, you can still sit up there if you want once your in.

I went to today's 4pm afternoon game, my 3rd Wildcats game so far at the AC, and I decided to focus on the sound of hockey. It was actually pretty good sound. Maybe because I was sitting higher than the plexiglass this time.

It was a pretty good game. 4200 in attendance. I walked to the game from my house, and again, I did not see any issues with the parking. People are parking fairly respectfully in the area.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces