HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 9:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
Lol. As one who knows most of the socialites in Atlanta, people from entertainment to government, I know what I'm talking about. Some of you on here are hilarious or either in a state of mind of wishful thinking. I've been to different celebrities homes and government officials, athletes, etc. Atlanta, NY, and LA. Unless he's move since this past summer (not)...Matt lives over in Duluth. But before this gets into a debate, I won't comment on this topic any further.
Whether you're right or wrong, from one building nerd to another, I feel like I should tell ya ... this post is super cringy. Everyone here gets it, you certainly think you're hot shit. Maybe it might be more convincing if you didn't try so hard to convince us?

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 3:34 PM

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's calling View Post
I just couldn't bring myself to take a Windows Paint drawing as the "rendering" seriously. This was never going to happen....at all. How can someone who can afford to build a 7.5 billion dollar lagoon not come up with any sort of rendering?

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I just couldn't bring myself to take a Windows Paint drawing as the "rendering" seriously. This was never going to happen....at all. How can someone who can afford to build a 7.5 billion dollar lagoon not come up with any sort of rendering?
Especially when most of the area pictured is currently occupied by SFHs. You'd have to buy out *everyone* ...

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 5:42 PM

The second phase of the AMLI project at Cityplace.

It's my understanding this will front on the west end of the new park, sort of cater-cornered from the existing tower.

Good location, just a block or so from the Lenox train station.

Apparently the conversion of East Paces Ferry to a Complete Street will start soon and that should give this area a nice boost.

Quote:
The Buckhead CID has partnered with the City of Atlanta to transform a portion of East Paces Ferry Road into a Complete Street. The project, which will run from Roxboro Road to the Gordon C. Bynum Bridge, will include a multi-use trail, pedestrian crossings with flashing beacons, landscaped median and decorative lighting. Funding for this project is being provided by the Buckhead CID as well as Renew Atlanta bond funding. Construction is expected to start in the first quarter of 2017.

http://www.buckheadcid.com/december-2016-e-newsletter/

Last edited by arjay57; Feb 6, 2017 at 9:09 PM.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Well if they were serious, I think a project of that scale would have been just perfect for Atlanta.. A large body of water in the middle of the city, surrounded by skyscrapers? I hope they are for real, and that something similar come's to light soon.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's calling View Post
The drawing looks amateurish but I'll give them credit for thinking outside the box. There was a proposal some years to replace the Civic Center and the low-lying land nearby with a lake. As I recall it was given serious consideration.

Someone also floated the idea of a new lake and civic center on the west side of downtown. https://wdanielanderson.wordpress.co...-civic-center/

And wasn't creating a lake and/or some wetlands one of the proposals that came out of Tech's workshop for reimagining the downtown connector a few years ago?

These ideas may seem a bit outre but I wouldn't dismiss them out of hand. Cities have done this sort of thing on occasion.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 7:00 PM

Show me the money.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
The drawing looks amateurish but I'll give them credit for thinking outside the box. There was a proposal some years to replace the Civic Center and the low-lying land nearby with a lake. As I recall it was given serious consideration.

Someone also floated the idea of a new lake and civic center on the west side of downtown. https://wdanielanderson.wordpress.co...-civic-center/

And wasn't creating a lake and/or some wetlands one of the proposals that came out of Tech's workshop for reimagining the downtown connector a few years ago?

These ideas may seem a bit outre but I wouldn't dismiss them out of hand. Cities have done this sort of thing on occasion.
I agree, not completely outlandish like that drawing.

But, if they want to open up water, Waterworks Park would be a good start.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 2:22 PM

AMAZING PICTURE

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
AMAZING PICTURE
I was told by a friend in real estate this weekend that "The Peach" (the empty building in the foreground of this picture on I85) was under contract and will soon be renovated into for-lease apartments.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh9142 View Post
I was told by a friend in real estate this weekend that "The Peach" (the empty building in the foreground of this picture on I85) was under contract and will soon be renovated into for-lease apartments.
Great news! I'm surprised it's taken this long...

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Looks like Tom Brady will be getting that Opus Place condo. Gross.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Looks like Tom Brady will be getting that Opus Place condo. Gross.
Nope, the reward was only if Atlanta won.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 5:13 PM

In the print version of the ABC, they mentioned that the Juniper Complete Street had started construction already.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 5:42 PM

Quote:
In the print version of the ABC, they mentioned that the Juniper Complete Street had started construction already.
I noticed that the west sidewalk had utility locations spray painted last week. This will be a game changer....will be wild to watch the outrage that will likely follow from commuters (like 10th). Going from 4 to 2 lanes is HUGE! Happy to see personally.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh9142 View Post
Does that mean the Peach will be removed? Some think it's the pits.

And what about that giant Chick-fil-A sign on the north side of the building?
I wish they mooo-ve that, too.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post
I noticed that the west sidewalk had utility locations spray painted last week. This will be a game changer....will be wild to watch the outrage that will likely follow from commuters (like 10th). Going from 4 to 2 lanes is HUGE! Happy to see personally.
I noticed this morning there was a crew on Juniper at 6th street taking down street poles? I couldn't tell if this was part of the overall project or just a replacement.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFTGATL View Post
I noticed this morning there was a crew on Juniper at 6th street taking down street poles? I couldn't tell if this was part of the overall project or just a replacement.
I would guess they are removing as part of the project as they will bury the utilities as part of the scope. Will be great to see Midtown's first "Green Street".

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 9:01 PM

Quote:
According to the Midtown Alliance website construction should start by August.

50% and 90% construction plans were reviewed by the City of Atlanta in 2016. Final design approvals and permits are expected in early 2017, followed by a public bid process for construction. Construction start is targeted by August 2017 with an estimated 18-to-24-month duration.

http://www.midtownatl.com/about/prog...pital-projects

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations