HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 12:58 PM

https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...wn-tower-64647

Quote:
Lennar Multifamily is moving forward with its plans to scale the Midtown skyline with a new apartment tower. The firm has filed permits with the City of Atlanta to begin construction of a 27-story apartment tower across from the Mayfair Renaissance on 13th Street.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...g-for-new.html

Peachtree and Third has secured construction financing, will be lilli Midtown and will have some of the largest rental units in Midtown; average rents at $2700

Quote:
ELV Associates Inc. is the capital partner. Chicago-based NXT Capital provided construction debt. ODA-Architecture is designing the project, which will include about 50 percent more exterior glass than typical urban high-rise units.

The unusual name of the tower was created by Copenhagen-based branding and marketing firm e-Types. The firm said the "vertical structure of the building and balcony movement evokes the name lilli."

Brasfield & Gorrie is the general contractor.

Atlanta commercial real estate veteran Trent Germano is partnering with Jarel Portman and Bruce Fernald, founders of JPX Works, on the development. Germano identified the site in the spring of 2014.

Last edited by GeorgiaPeanuts; Aug 31, 2016 at 2:37 PM.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 1:33 PM

Northside Hospital MOB

Demo of buildings for Northside's Medical Office Building on West Peachtree filed.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 3:08 PM

lilli is going to be fantastic. happy to hear that this one has financing and can't wait to see it start to go up.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 3:42 PM

Quote:
The unusual name of the tower was created by Copenhagen-based branding and marketing firm e-Types. The firm said the "vertical structure of the building and balcony movement evokes the name lilli"
anyone have some additional insight around the name? i dont quite understand how the structure evokes the name.. is it a Danish thing? are they talking about the actualy shape of the letter-form of the name itself? kinda confused

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 3:43 PM

I'm not sure how long it's been up, but there's fencing on Spring street around the site of "The Standard" just south of Tech Square. Looks like demolition could happen soon.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forj View Post
anyone have some additional insight around the name? i dont quite understand how the structure evokes the name.. is it a Danish thing? are they talking about the actualy shape of the letter-form of the name itself? kinda confused
Look at the building sideways. it essentially spells lilli. I'm guessing that's exactly it.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 3:58 PM

Amazing Era in Development

I was thinking the lilli may end up being condos, but apparently apartments still rule the day for now.

I remember back when I thought Midtown was overbuilding when Sky House North & South Midtown were being built along with 77/12th!
Wow, apparently that was just the “tip of the Iceberg” - I had no idea we would see such an absolute FRENZY of apartment development in Midtown. It will be interesting to see if the Condo market propels the next frenzy and maybe even the speculative office market will see some movement – eventually! Who knows.

I think these last few crazy years of development will be one of those “I remember when…” moments we can tell our kids about.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Really hoping we get some more renderings soon to whet out appetite.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
I was thinking the lilli may end up being condos, but apparently apartments still rule the day for now.

I remember back when I thought Midtown was overbuilding when Sky House North & South Midtown were being built along with 77/12th!
Wow, apparently that was just the “tip of the Iceberg” - I had no idea we would see such an absolute FRENZY of apartment development in Midtown. It will be interesting to see if the Condo market propels the next frenzy and maybe even the speculative office market will see some movement – eventually! Who knows.

I think these last few crazy years of development will be one of those “I remember when…” moments we can tell our kids about.

The apartment sub-market is starting to show more signs of self-regulation (the bubble some cynics claim will burst- even though it already has burst - it's just a slower deflating bubble instead). Novare announced they're cancelling the Cincinnati Skyhouse project due to rising construction costs and lenders tightening on financing terms - aka cheaper multifamily products (a la Skyhouse, etc) aren't going to cut it in this part of the cycle. You'll expect to hear about more higher quality (while still somewhat limited) projects either announcing or some more interesting projects to finally break ground in the coming few months.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...-skyhouse.html

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 1:57 AM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

I'm confused. Which one is Lilli? Everything seems to get a new rendering and then change names. Lol

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
I'm confused. Which one is Lilli? Everything seems to get a new rendering and then change names. Lol
JPX's Peachtree & 3rd. Or 3rd & Peachtree. Same deal now that it's lilli. From the top down, two "blocks", then lillililli

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
From the top down, two "blocks", then lillililli
Interesting....

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 2:12 PM
Development Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
Interesting....
I see iiiiiiiiii

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 2:32 PM

the name is a bit of a stretch, if they really named it based on the shape of the building.. but yeh whatever they want to call it.. as long as it gets built hah

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 2:49 PM

Jarel just said the building evokes the name "lilli", not that the building was designed to look like the word lilli. I find the name to be fitting

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 4:20 PM

Mill Creek to start 400-unit Modera by Mill Creek-Buckhead

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 5:42 PM

Couple of interesting recent planning permits.
Two variances were filed for 526 and 542 Boulevard NE for multifamily development.

A couple of permits for 926 Brady, the Stockyards site. One is for a hotel.

2246 Marietta Blvd NW - Commerical development with 4 buildings.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
1138 Peachtree (Yoo) filed some permits as well. Transfer of development rights and a temporary sales vendor.
This seems like really big news! I kind of wrote this one off, but now that Yoo on the Park is nearing completion, who knows? I'd love for this one to happen.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 9:28 PM

I guess this spells the end for the yellow Promove building.

Nice looking apartments actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's calling View Post

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
The apartment sub-market is starting to show more signs of self-regulation (the bubble some cynics claim will burst- even though it already has burst - it's just a slower deflating bubble instead). Novare announced they're cancelling the Cincinnati Skyhouse project due to rising construction costs and lenders tightening on financing terms - aka cheaper multifamily products (a la Skyhouse, etc) aren't going to cut it in this part of the cycle. You'll expect to hear about more higher quality (while still somewhat limited) projects either announcing or some more interesting projects to finally break ground in the coming few months.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...-skyhouse.html
I was just noticing that all of Novare's projects are already topped out and close to being completed. And I was wondering if the seemingly endless run of Skyhouses might finally be winding down. I also think that construction costs have to be a big part of this considering that the original SkyHouse cost just $60 million versus $90 million for the Cincy Skyhouse.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations