HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWNTWN View Post
And look in the background at the sad state of affairs for "Hanover Checkers". What on earth is the hold up with that project? They might finish their Buckhead tower before they finish this.
I think they chose underground parking on a site that wasn't particularly well suited for it. Most sites are planned the grades work in favor of the garage; on this one they work against the garage as they kept retail on the lower (10th St) elevation, meaning the garage had to go extra deep. Contrast this with Symphony Tower, which has the garage entrance at the lowest exterior face of the building. The excavation then seemed to be a slow, expensive process slammed up against high walls on all sides, in contrast with something like the Spring and 16th development. Each of very very many truckloads of export fill had to be loaded in a tedious way.

The building broke ground roughly at the same time as Atlantic House, as I recall, which is a massive skyscraper and taking move-ins soon.

disclaimer: I don't have any inside info on this project, these are just my casual observations as someone who works as a construction project manager.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 4:19 PM

screen shot
Today a group was disassembling the bill board at 6th and Peachtree. The Eviva site?

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Anyone know how much Lennar paid for this 13th Street lot and when, and the size of the lot?

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 6:29 PM
Great Foundations

465 Memorial Dr - Atlantic Realty Partners

Does anyone know what Atlantic Realty Partners has planned for 465 Memorial Drive? They paid a pretty penny for it.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 6:30 PM
Great Foundations

Delmar Circle

http://www.fabricdevelopers.com/port...ircle-atlanta/

Fabric Developers website says they sold the project after obtaining entitlements. Anyone know who bought it?

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 6:31 PM
Great Foundations

99 West Paces

Any idea what is planned for 99 West Paces?

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 11:10 PM
BANNED

Major Economic Development - But Something Even More Interesting Disclosed

Sources: Georgia lands Sentury Tire's $500 million-plus U.S. manufacturing plant

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...0-million.html

Quote:
The first phase of the Sentury Tire expansion would involve a more than $500 million investment and the creation of more than 600 jobs, sources said. When fully built-out, the investment could rise to $1 billion and the workforce would swell to “several thousand.”

The plant would bring about 100 research and development jobs and include a “proving ground' — a secure track where companies test prototypes and unreleased products.
Quote:
And, it’s not just blue-collar factory jobs that are landing in the state. Porsche Cars North America and Mercedes-Benz USA are headquartered in Atlanta. BMW, meanwhile, is said to be scouting sites around Atlanta, sources said.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 11:45 PM

Development Authority of Fulton County Minutes

FYI The Development Authority of Fulton County has finally posted their minutes for their June and July meetings. Also posted their agenda for the August meeting.

http://www.developfultoncounty.com/d...nthly-meetings

A lot of the big projects in Buckhead have applied for bonds in the past couple months.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Major Economic Development - But Something Even More Interesting Disclosed

Sources: Georgia lands Sentury Tire's $500 million-plus U.S. manufacturing plant

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...0-million.html

What part of the city?

Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 11:51 PM

I believe someone mentioned earlier that the Eviva site sold recently. I can confirm from reviewing court records today that the developer, Integral Group, did, in fact, close on the Eviva site at the end of August.

I guess there is still hope for this one.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2016, 12:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
What part of the city?
No final location disclosed. They are still evaluating sites throughout the state.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2016, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
I believe someone mentioned earlier that the Eviva site sold recently. I can confirm from reviewing court records today that the developer, Integral Group, did, in fact, close on the Eviva site at the end of August.

I guess there is still hope for this one.
Someone noted on this thread they were taking down the billboard. It would makes sense since the property management group selling the lot has sold it away.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2016, 2:47 AM

BMW isn't scouting sites for a HQ or other major economic development announcement, I know that much.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2016, 2:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testarossa50 View Post
BMW isn't scouting sites for a HQ or other major economic development announcement, I know that much.
Then, what is the article implying?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2016, 7:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
No final location disclosed. They are still evaluating sites throughout the state.
Lagrange area.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEZiegler View Post
Does anyone know what Atlantic Realty Partners has planned for 465 Memorial Drive? They paid a pretty penny for it.
"The Reserve at Grant Park"- 238 apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEZiegler View Post
Any idea what is planned for 99 West Paces?
From the link jwbab posted - The project will consist of 550 residential rental units, 13,500 square feet of retail, and a parking deck with approximately 921 parking spaces.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Then, what is the article implying?
It's something much smaller, more or less a replacement of existing local operations.

They just had a massive HQ project in NJ.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
"The Reserve at Grant Park"- 238 apartment
I really hope they don't use their "Reserve" label for this location, I think that would be poor branding in this part of town. Either way, happy to see this moving forward. I was worried all the proposals on Memorial (outside of the under construction The Leonard & the Fairfield Residential project) would fall off.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2016, 12:48 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by testarossa50 View Post
It's something much smaller, more or less a replacement of existing local operations.

They just had a massive HQ project in NJ.
BMW spent $100 Million on their NJ HQ in 2011 and honestly it is nothing to write home about and not necessarily massive. Just from a corporate tax perspective, moving to GA would cover that cost in a couple of years. NJ has the highest state corporate taxes in the US. Also, BMW could sell or sublet their space in NJ so its investment would not be a complete loss.

I very much think it is a realistic possibility BMW could be scouting a move South and Atlanta would be the primary target because of our airport and taxes. Not to mention Atlanta is already home to Porsche and Mercedes. I would love to see BMW get naming rights to Philips Arena too. Also on my wish would be a auto museum in Downtown filled with BMW's, Mercedes and Porsches.

http://taxfoundation.org/article/201...-climate-index

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=291909

Old Posted Sep 7, 2016, 12:54 PM

GA 400 park more detailed design unveiled... looks like it won't completely cover up 400 now. Renderings also include Related Group's and Regent Partners projects; two tallest proposals of this cycle

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...r-georgia.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations