HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Dec 27, 2011, 4:24 AM

Nice clean shoulder to shoulder hit... and that's 5 and a game for charging... again. What a joke.

Rule 42 - Charging
42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.
Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A “charge” may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice.

Sounds pretty vague to me. What does distance traveled mean?

Last edited by logan5; Dec 27, 2011 at 4:52 AM.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2011, 5:54 AM
Change is good

Leave it to a Canucks fan to not know what a dirty play is. The canucks are the most hated, and most diriest team in the NHL. When they aren't hitting recklessly, they are diving and crying. Their fans are clueless. No wonder every NHL team hates the dirty canucks.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2011, 7:08 AM

The league has really gone to shit if a clean shoulder to shoulder hit is considered a dirty play. Anybody outside of Edmonton (maybe even some inside of Edmonton) will call that a clean hit. Alex Plante bounced off Weise like he was a superball, and unfortunately got hurt on the play. Asked by a reporter if there was any onus on Plante to protect himself, Renney replied: “He had the puck for a while, he was collecting himself but he's a callup player from the American Hockey League, not an NHLer yet." Really Tom Renney. I'm sure you ask your players to go easy on our call ups. Don't call up players that aren't tough enough or experienced enough to play the Canucks and the Sedin "sisters".

Old Posted Dec 27, 2011, 7:37 AM
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
Leave it to a Canucks fan to not know what a dirty play is. The canucks are the most hated, and most diriest team in the NHL. When they aren't hitting recklessly, they are diving and crying. Their fans are clueless. No wonder every NHL team hates the dirty canucks.
voted smartest fans in the nhl by a poll of the players.

just keep digging, just keep digging

Old Posted Dec 27, 2011, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touraccuracy View Post
But they only polled Canucks players, right?

Old Posted Dec 27, 2011, 5:27 PM
Change is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by touraccuracy View Post

just keep digging, just keep digging
I wouldn't put so much weight into that poll. Of course, no canuck fan has come to the defence of the above. How is it not a dirty hit when he clearly took 3 giant strides straight into player who didn't even have the puck at that moment?

The canucks are a team full of dirty players and diving sisters and a very overrated goalie, and a bunch of fans who would prefer the NHL turn into the UFC than what hockey should be.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2011, 5:30 PM
Change is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
The league has really gone to shit if a clean shoulder to shoulder hit is considered a dirty play. Anybody outside of Edmonton (maybe even some inside of Edmonton) will call that a clean hit. Alex Plante bounced off Weise like he was a superball, and unfortunately got hurt on the play. Asked by a reporter if there was any onus on Plante to protect himself, Renney replied: “He had the puck for a while, he was collecting himself but he's a callup player from the American Hockey League, not an NHLer yet." Really Tom Renney. I'm sure you ask your players to go easy on our call ups. Don't call up players that aren't tough enough or experienced enough to play the Canucks and the Sedin "sisters".
It would be a clean hit if the player still had the puck, and the canuck hadn't taken many complete strides into the player after the puck had left the area. Do you follow hockey or the UFC? there are different rules at play here.
It wasn't a clean hit, it was a dirty hit. (I know, easy to confuse when the majority of the plays of the only team you follow plays dirty all the time). It doesn't matter if the players was an NHL superstar or a new comer to the league the play was dirty.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2011, 7:20 PM

It's well known that Canucks fans are the least knowledgeable of all Canadian hockey fans, simply because there are a lot less people in Vancouver that have actually played hockey compared to the rest of Canada since they don't have natural ice. They're more like Sharks or Kings fans.

That said, I haven't seen the hit. Anyone got a video?

Old Posted Dec 27, 2011, 8:20 PM
So very tired...

Quote:
and a bunch of fans who would prefer the NHL turn into the UFC than what hockey should be.
That's exactly what I asked for for Christmas...you sure got us pegged.

Quote:
It's well known that Canucks fans are the least knowledgeable of all Canadian hockey fans
Well if it's well known you could easily find a reputable source that documents this fact. I'm waiting....

Glad to know that trolls are allowed here as long as they are baiting Canucks fans.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2011, 8:28 PM

Thank you! I am sure if that was Sconadian saying the exact same thing against Edmonton or Calgary he would be banned, again, haha.

Hence why I only occasionally glance at this thread.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2011, 9:24 PM

Quote:
It would be a clean hit if the player still had the puck, and the canuck hadn't taken many complete strides into the player after the puck had left the area. Do you follow hockey or the UFC? there are different rules at play here.
It wasn't a clean hit, it was a dirty hit. (I know, easy to confuse when the majority of the plays of the only team you follow plays dirty all the time). It doesn't matter if the players was an NHL superstar or a new comer to the league the play was dirty.
I'm not sure if I'm being played a bit, but that's ok.

Anyways, the best angle is at around 8:42 where it shows Plante playing the puck and then Weise hitting him at an angle, shoulder to shoulder. Every NHLer takes strides before hitting someone. You could literally call charging on every hit. The referee reacted to a clean, hard hit and thought "oh shit, what do I do? I know, call charging!"

Asked by a reporter if there was any onus on Plante to protect himself, Renney replied: “He had the puck for a while, he was collecting himself but he's a callup player from the American Hockey League, not an NHLer yet."

Interpretation - He wasn't paying attention and was playing the puck like he was in outer space and maybe I (Tom Renney) shouldn't call up players who will allow themselves to get leveled by clean hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandelay View Post
It's well known that Canucks fans are the least knowledgeable of all Canadian hockey fans, simply because there are a lot less people in Vancouver that have actually played hockey compared to the rest of Canada since they don't have natural ice. They're more like Sharks or Kings fans.

That said, I haven't seen the hit. Anyone got a video?
The play starts at around 7:45. The best angle replay is at 8:42.

Added bonus - Awesome Canuck goals!

Video Link

Old Posted Dec 27, 2011, 9:33 PM
Go Chiefs!

Old Posted Dec 27, 2011, 9:53 PM

I always wonder what makes people hate irrationally. Is life so bad that's all they have left to cling to? Same mind set you'll find in such extreme organizations as the KKK. If the Canucks and Oilers were to change jerseys, the new Canucks would magically transform into an evil empire of dirty unfair players; Taylor Hall an over rated rat. Facts are irrelevant it seems, for example Plante did play the puck a split second before being receiving a routine NHL shoulder to shoulder check from a player who had stopped taking forward strides.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2011, 10:13 PM
gettin' rich!

Hey the Leafs are not in last place and it's almost January.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2011, 3:45 AM
Go Chiefs!

Congrats to Randy for his first win as a head coach.

First time we score 6 goals this season!!!

Old Posted Dec 28, 2011, 3:49 AM
Registered User, Maybe

And probably the last time too

Last edited by vegeta_skyline; Dec 28, 2011 at 6:35 AM.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2011, 5:03 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
Hey the Leafs are not in last place and it's almost January.
Can't wait to see the Jet's beat the Leaf's on New Years eve. Just like old times.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2011, 5:06 PM
Closed account

Wow, the Flames are tied with Nashville for 8th place. They won 4 in a row, and they will be playing against against easier teams on this road trip.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2011, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Most teams at some point are dirty its the diving that the cancuks do that i have a real big issue with.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2011, 5:58 PM

The diving, the whining, and the biting.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada