HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Heron Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • London Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
London Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 27, 2006, 9:02 PM
BANNED

Red face TORONTO | Maple Leaf Square | (1) 610 FT - 54 FLOORS | (2) 571 FT - 50 FLOORS

One of downtown Toronto's largest surface parking lots will soon be home to the huge mixed-use Maple Leaf Square development. It will consist of 2 towers on top of a podium with direct indoor connections to the Air Canada Centre and the PATH. The Longo's grocery store mentioned will be 47,500 square feet, making it one of the larger supermarkets in downtown Toronto.

www.mapleleafsquare.com

Maple Leaf Square
Article Tools
Printer friendly
Font: * * * * Lisa Van de Ven, National Post
Published: Saturday, September 23, 2006
DOWNTOWN

Price range: $197,900 to $1,346,900

- - -

Featuring two towers, the Residences of Maple Leaf Square is a large-scale development that includes hotel, retail and restaurant space as well as a total of 872 residential suites. Located next to the Air Canada Centre, the site was designed by architects Kuwabara, Payne, McKenna and Blumberg with Page + Steele Architects; interiors are by munge//leung: design associates. The site's developers recently celebrated the project's groundbreaking.

BUILDER/DEVELOPER Cadillac Fairview Corp. Ltd., Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd., and Lanterra Developments Ltd.

WHAT'S NEW With the site now 95% sold, construction has begun.

BUILDING Two towers of 54 and 50 storeys

SUITES 400 to 2,124 square feet

SIZE Studio, one-bedroom-plus-den, two-bedroom, two-bedroom-plus-den and penthouse designs are still available.

OCCUPANCY Scheduled to begin in October, 2009, for the North Tower, and in March, 2010, for the South Tower

TARGET MARKET A range of urban dwellers looking to live close to downtown

FEATURES Suites have floor-to-ceiling windows; nine-foot ceilings (10 feet in the penthouses); a choice of veneer engineered hardwood, porcelain or ceramic flooring in principal rooms; 40-ounce broadloom in bedrooms; granite kitchen countertops; ceramic tile backsplashes; stainless steel appliances; and marble countertops in the bathrooms.

AMENITIES The site features an outdoor pool and landscaped deck, an indoor pool and hot tub, a fitness centre, steam rooms, a 40-seat theatre, a multi-purpose room, a business centre and a 24-hour concierge. A range of retail and commercial elements will also be integrated into the project, including a Longo's grocery store, a restaurant and a sports bar.

STANDOUTS The site is being built to national energy-efficient LEED standards, with a green roof and energy-efficient appliances. It is also one of the first condominium sites to incorporate Enwave (www.enwave.com), which uses steam circulating through a network of underground pipes to provide heating, cooling and hot water.

SALES OFFICE Located at 29 Bremner Blvd. Open Monday to Thursday from noon to 6 p.m., and weekends from noon to 5 p.m. Call 416-601-6885 or visit mapleleafsquare.com.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2006, 9:24 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

congrats to toronto...

Old Posted Sep 27, 2006, 9:39 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

I drove by the site on Saturday night and it was all fenced off. Great news. Toronto really is booming. Despite all the great coverage by Toronto forumers here and on SSC, you don't get a real sense of it until you see it in person.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Sep 27, 2006, 11:33 PM

Nice!! I like the looks of the base in that render.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2006, 2:34 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Everything looks great until you get to the top. Is that exposed concrete I see?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2006, 2:37 AM
Pacific Wonderland

C$ 197,000 is really affordable for a starter in a new building. That is like $170,000 US. Couldn't touch that in California or NYC.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2006, 2:40 AM

Interesting choice of music for a Toronto condo's website - Gospel. Do Torontonians even know what that is ?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2006, 3:38 AM
BANNED

I think it's cool that there's an outdoor pool on the roof of the podium. I don't know of any other towers in downtown Toronto with an outdoor pool (although there may be a few I don't know of).

Old Posted Sep 28, 2006, 5:03 AM
Pittsburgh rocks!!

This is definately good to hear!!

Old Posted Sep 28, 2006, 4:27 PM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandPark
C$ 197,000 is really affordable for a starter in a new building. That is like $170,000 US. Couldn't touch that in California or NYC.

Even in Edmonton....1bdrms downtown start at $225,000 now....

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 28, 2006, 4:49 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

great stuff!

Old Posted Sep 29, 2006, 5:40 AM
BANNED

Here I've outlined the site in red.

Even today, people greatly exaggerate the "gap" between the downtown core and the waterfront (it's nowhere near as bad as cities with freeways that are 5-6 lanes in each direction on the edge of their downtowns), but in a few years that "gap" will be gone completely when this, the Telus tower, the rest of the Infinity towers, and the rest of the Pinnacle towers are completed.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2006, 5:53 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

intresting so close to the cn tower

Old Posted Sep 29, 2006, 6:49 AM
BANNED

It's not really that close, probably 1300-1500 feet away.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2006, 12:10 AM

The Maple Leaf Square site is only the south part of the section you outlined. Across the street to the north is the 30 floor Telus Tower currently under construction.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2006, 4:59 AM
BANNED

Oops, you're right. BTW, is that street between them (not sure if it's considered Bremner Blvd.) gonna stay (as a street)?

Old Posted Oct 4, 2006, 5:56 PM

Its a good location and looks decent.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2006, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Will
Oops, you're right. BTW, is that street between them (not sure if it's considered Bremner Blvd.) gonna stay (as a street)?
Yes. Bremner stays.

It will be a very active corner in the next few years. Telus Tower will bring a lot of activity during office hours, then a huge condo and entertainment centre, and of course the Air Canada Centre.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2006, 5:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx
Even in Edmonton....1bdrms downtown start at $225,000 now....

But for $179,900 youre getting around 450 sq ft, a box!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2007, 2:18 PM
gettin' rich!

need updates

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive