HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 3:26 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbermingham123 View Post
I grew up in Montana and Calgary was this way for us. At 7 hours straight north it was by far the closest major city.. closer than Seattle (10 hours west), Denver (14 hours south), or Minneapolis (14 hours east)
To some degree, Montreal also serves this purpose for young people in northern New England and northern New York State. And even going as far down as the Boston area. Not because Montreal has anything that Boston doesn't (the two cities are of comparable size). But because the drinking age (and some other things too ) are reputed to be "looser" in Montreal.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 4:17 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
To some degree, Montreal also serves this purpose for young people in northern New England and northern New York State. And even going as far down as the Boston area. Not because Montreal has anything that Boston doesn't (the two cities are of comparable size). But because the drinking age (and some other things too ) are reputed to be "looser" in Montreal.
Montreal? We would just stop at the nearest spot along the Quebec/New York border and start drinking.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 4:44 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
Montreal? We would just stop at the nearest spot along the Quebec/New York border and start drinking.
So you guys would party in... St-Bernard-de-Lacolle?

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Oullette Avenue in downtown Windsor was the nightlife destination for the 19-21 crowd in Metro Detroit because of the lower drinking ages. I turned 19 post-9/11 but before the updated rules on passports took effect, so my age group was probably the last group from the Detroit side of the border to do that.

Old Posted May 14, 2019, 6:24 PM

Munich - for its friendly Gemütlichkeit people, best beer in the world, jovial beer halls and gardens, car free downtown, world class transit system, open air markets, German/Bavarian culture/food, lots of world class festivals, beautiful cathedrals, my favorite palaces in Europe, and 90 minutes to heaven in the Bavarian/Austrian alps. 90 minutes to Salzburg with it's own baroque charms. And it has a moderate European climate compared to the bitter midwest winters and springs, spring starts there months earlier than it does in Chicago.

Amsterdam- I just really gel with the people there, they manage to be both smart and hard working, while being extremely laid back, open, friendly and chill. The New York in your face attitude came from here, they tell you exactly what they are thinking and don't hold back. They have a great sense of what it means to enjoy a balanced and rich life. I noticed while going there that the late night craziness and drunkness is usually from British tourists. Those Brits are really wild too me, they seem like a bunch of alcoholics! The Dutch locals are usually at home hanging out with friends, they rarely go wild like the British do.

Antwerp and Ghent- Are some of most livable cities I've been to, though I'm sure there are many others in Belgium that are nice. With amazing art museums and murals in the city. I love that they have amazing French food combined with amazing Belgian beers.

Old Posted May 15, 2019, 8:40 PM

Mwaha, when I run Paris, you all know it'll be your ultimate favorite.
I need to be the mayor, then you all apply for immigration.
Everyone a fucking millionaire!
That's my motto.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2019, 4:55 PM

Dubai
just love it because all of the mine are here
picture: ............

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions