HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 15, 2015, 4:41 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB View Post
If Sandhu were to walk away from the project, would some other group be able to use the foundation work that Sandhu installed?
If work didn't start up again for a few years would there be corrosion issues with the exposed re-bar, etc.?
Anything is possible.

But there has been a foundation at the Trizac Development on Main Street waiting for a building for 30 years or so now...

It's difficult in the sense that the new developer and consultants would have to trust what has been built already, and also to fit "your" building around what is there.

The concrete and rebar should be fine for a few years.

I guess in the end, money talks. If someone could buy the lot and the foundation for the right price?

Old Posted May 15, 2015, 4:44 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK59 View Post
From the inside?
Can you elaborate?

Or PM me? It would really make my day to hear how these crooks have screwed this project up.
The original project Architect walking away from the job (which I think is public knowledge) tells you all you really need to know.

They also switched Structural Consultants during the design as well - from an established WPG firm to an Ontario firm.

Old Posted May 15, 2015, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
The original project Architect walking away from the job (which I think is public knowledge) tells you all you really need to know.

They also switched Structural Consultants during the design as well - from an established WPG firm to an Ontario firm.
They went through 5 or 6 concrete contractors on one of their previous jobs lol. They're making a name for themselves in Winnipeg that's for sure.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2015, 7:45 PM

Has anybody been by the D condo site lately? Wonder if any progress happening.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2015, 8:08 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post

Apparently trying to get the original Architect back on board. It really has become a shit show.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jun 24, 2015, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Apparently trying to get the original Architect back on board. It really has become a shit show.
It's really unfortunate, and surprising (at least from an outsiders view), since Sandhu seems to be doing a lot of good projects right now that are otherwise succeeding.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2015, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Close to receivership. Still. All depositors monies have been released into the project. Whether they've been used, who knows. But I wouldn't be counting on anybody being made whole when this mess is finally settled by Caisse trying to make themselves whole.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2015, 8:24 PM

^ Ouch. I really feel for those who have gotten involved in this. I'm sure some of the people most enthusiastic about downtown living bought into this project, and are about to incur a loss for their efforts.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2015, 8:52 PM

^^^ This is all really unfortunate. This project would be a really nice addition to that area. What a mess it's become.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 6:58 AM

this project is proceeding and should be completed by january or february 2016.

i spoke to the sales rep.. the foundation has been completed along with electric now they are doing the pillars than pouring concrete.. it should start rising within a few weeks.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 12:55 PM
Ignore these four words.

^^^Really? Hmmmn, that's interesting.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwayne View Post

i spoke to the sales rep.. the foundation has been completed along with electric now they are doing the pillars than pouring concrete.. it should start rising within a few weeks.
Not that I'm saying what you were told isn't true, just I would never trust a sales rep to be giving you honest information. They won't exactly make sales by telling people "construction has haulted and we have no idea when it's going to be done". I have old emails I saved from communications with sales reps and its humourous how off the time frames they give are for some projects. ie BGBX condos are to be completed by fall of 2012. AFAIK that project is still only half up.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 2:00 PM

Quote:

So that leaves 7 months to erect 24 stories and complete the interiors. With workers leaving before 4pm most days (noon sometimes) and no tower cranes yet on site, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 2:14 PM
What could go wrong?

Even with everything in place working the way they should, this project would take until at least 2017 to be complete.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 4:27 PM
surely you agree with me

'________ should be starting within the next few weeks' is a developer's favourite sentence.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 5:42 PM

well according to her the project is not delayed, deffered, postponed or cancelled. so as far as i know it is moving forward regardless when it actually ends up being completed.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 6:09 PM

Quote:

Ummm.... They don't have a building permit... You're being fed a tow line.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 6:23 PM
North End Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueasajewel View Post
Ummm.... They don't have a building permit... You're being fed a tow line.
That's a long time to lurk before posting... Welcome to the board!

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 6:49 PM

Quote:
LMAO! You can't be serious. I'm assuming sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiger View Post
So that leaves 7 months to erect 24 stories and complete the interiors. With workers leaving before 4pm most days (noon sometimes) and no tower cranes yet on site, I wouldn't hold your breath.
EXACTLY. It would be miraculous to have the building completely erected then nevermind all the mechanical, electrical, finishing, etc.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2015, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveosnyder View Post
That's a long time to lurk before posting... Welcome to the board!
Thank you very much for the welcome. There are times you just have to blurt something

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan