Up Up and Away

^

I would wait until it becomes official.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2008, 5:43 PM
Stay Thirsty.

Is this official enough?

From Denverinfill.com
Two Tabor Applies for Building Permit
On April 21, Callahan Capital Partners, the new owner of Downtown Denver's Tabor Center, submitted a building permit application to the city for Two Tabor!

The second office tower at the Tabor Center complex, planned for the corner of 17th and Larimer on Block 068, was originally scheduled to be built following the completion of the first Tabor tower. Construction did begin on the second tower in the mid-1980s but then the oil bust put the project on ice. The developers back then got the elevator core for Two Tabor installed when they stopped construction in 1986. The core was capped with the gold-colored metal panels that still remain at 17th and Larimer, just north of the Tabor Center's plaza along 17th Street. Not having to dig a big hole and spend a year putting in underground parking should be a big time and cost savings for Callahan--just peel off those metal panels and start going vertical!

Callahan has a new design for Two Tabor. Designed by the internationally prominent architectural firm of Kohn Pedersen Fox, Two Tabor will rise 43 stories, contain approximately 840,000 SF of rentable space, and be LEED Gold certified. Here is what Two Tabor will look like now:

Courtesy Denverinfill.com. Enjoy, ladies.

To the Admin: When you get a chance, update the building details as following:

DENVER Two Tabor Center 630 FT 192 M 43 FLOORS

Old Posted May 10, 2008, 6:42 PM

anyone know who the construction manager is?

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 1:39 AM
Stay Thirsty.

Unfortunately I do not know; nor do I even know if they have a construction manager at this point. The building is close to beginning construction, yet it seems there are still some hurdles to finalize such as financing. I'm sure after all funds are secured, we will know for sure the construction firm involved with Two Tabor. I would love to give you more info, but I don't think any new news will come into fruition for at least another month as Callahan finalizes potential tenants and funds for the building.

And welcome to the forum! (or congrats on the 1st post?)

Old Posted Jun 26, 2008, 7:06 PM

the first rendering on this page makes it look taller than 500 ft.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2008, 6:33 AM

Reminds me of 301 Mission in San Francisco, which is a good thing.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2008, 6:50 AM
Stay Thirsty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDPhilly View Post
the first rendering on this page makes it look taller than 500 ft.
It is taller than 500 feet. But we haven't had the admin re-make the title of the thread since we got the newer rendering; the old one was 38 floors and 514 feet. This new one is 43 floors with a huge crown, putting its height estimate at around 630 feet!

Old Posted Jul 14, 2008, 6:47 AM
Stay Thirsty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmacdu View Post
anyone know who the construction manager is?
So I was bored and did some digging around for more info. I was able to find the construction manager for Two Tabor from this article in the Denver Business Journal:

http://denver.bizjournals.com/denver...3/daily14.html

Cut from DBJ article:
Two Tabor Center will be developed by the Denver office of the Trammell Crow Co., according to a published report.

The Tabor Center complex's owner said Monday that Crow and its Denver-area development chief, Bill Mosher, will oversee construction of the second high-rise office building in the Tabor complex. The new metal and glass building, which already has a foundation, is expected to start construction in 2008 and be completed in 2010.

The Dallas-based Crow company was purchased last year by CB Richard Ellis Inc. of Los Angeles for $2.2 billion. CB also is handling the leasing for Two Tabor Center.

Hopefully we'll get more news on this awesome tower in the next 6-8 weeks. I know I'm getting antsy, since they already pushed back the tower's construction by a few months in early May. Is August too much to ask? REALLY!

Old Posted Aug 30, 2008, 5:25 AM
Stay Thirsty.

Update for Two Tabor. Hopefully a loan can come through even during this shaky time in the lending sector.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Callahan closer to loan for Tabor tower

Denver Business Journal
by Paula Moore

Callahan Capital Partners LLC, owner of downtown Denver’s Tabor Center office/retail complex, is “progressing very well” as it seeks a construction loan to build the property’s long-anticipated second office tower, according to the company.

Two Tabor Center, to be located next to the existing One Tabor Center at 17th and Lawrence streets, has been planned since the mid-1980s.

“We’ve had serious interest from several lenders, and are focused on one institution,” said Andrew Joa, Chicago-based Callahan’s vice president of investor relations.

Joa declined to name the lenders Callahan has worked with or how much the loan will be.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2008, 9:18 PM
Stay Thirsty.

More headlines for Tabor, this from the Rocky Mountain News. At least they are saying outright it's not dead. But I don't like the <50% chance that the tower may not start this year.

Two Tabor project alive, despite rumors, developer says
By John Rebchook

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Chicago-based developer of the $300 million, 43-story Two Tabor Center still needs debt financing to start construction on the long-awaited tower at 17th and Larimer streets.

However, widespread talk in the Denver commercial real estate community that the project is dead is not true, said Bill Tresham, chief operating officer of the owner, Callahan Capital Partners.

"We are spending a lot of time to line up the financing, and I think in this market, it is probably safe to say there has never been a more challenging time," Tresham said. Callahan last year paid a record $770 million for a five-building office portfolio downtown that included One Tabor Center.

"We're just in the last stages of locking up our financing," Tresham added. "We've been inside the five-yard line for a while. These are just very, very ticklish times. I can't tell you whether we will start this month or next month, or some time in the next quarter."

When pressed, Tresham said there is a "better than 50-50 chance" that construction will start this year on the building. It will take 21/2 years to build.

About three weeks ago, the general contractor, Greeley- based Hensel Phelps, came up with pricing estimates, and construction drawings are 60 percent complete, Tresham said.

Tresham said the company would like to land the debt financing without any pre-leasing, which would allow construction to begin sooner.

He said that an executive from Morgan Stanley, one of his equity partners, recently told him that Denver is one of the best markets in the world, along with Houston and Singapore.

Since the collapse of the subprime market in August 2008, the capital markets have continued to deteriorate, making it almost impossible to finance large real estate projects, even in a relatively healthy market like Denver. In the Denver area, for example, one of the few major projects recently breaking ground is the 14-story, $58 million Seasons at Cherry Creek apartment tower at 3329 E. Bayaud Ave.

Bill Mosher of Trammell Crow Co., the developer of Two Tabor, said he has heard a number of "bizarre" rumors about the protect.

"This is not a project issue, or a Denver issue, which is kind of cool," Mosher said. "Denver didn't get overbuilt like so many other places. It is a capital market issue. The problem is the capital markets do not seem to be getting any better."

Tresham said it would be a lot easier to land debt financing if they preleased a portion of the the tower, but that could mean it wouldn't be completed as quickly.

Two Tabor Center * Location: 17th and Larimer streets, to the current Tabor Center office tower.

* Size: 43 stories, 830,000 square feet.

* Cost: $300 million

* Owner: Chicago-based Calla han Capital Partners

* Architect: New York-based Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates and Davis Partnership, Denver.

© Rocky Mountain News

Old Posted Oct 7, 2008, 5:34 AM
Stay Thirsty.

Quick Update

Knock on wood. Hope it's true, and that a big economic downturn doesn't kill one of my favorite Denver proposals in years. We are *this* close to a mid-600 foot tower in a city that hasn't seen office tower construction of such a magnitude since 1985!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
Rumor of the day:

I heard today - prior to the stock market crash - that Two Tabor has received financing and will start construction in January.

I noticed that bidclerk.com was updated today, and also indicates that the contractor is soliciting subs.

Hopefully, the credit market crunch doesn't screw this up.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2008, 8:30 PM

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...-tabor-center/

Quote:
A top official of the Chicago- based company that plans to develop the $300 million Two Tabor Center is unveiling the latest design of the 43-story office tower.

Bill Tresham, the chief financial officer for Callahan Capital Partners, plans to present the latest drawing of the 840,000- square-foot building Friday morning at the 2008 Expo Fall Forecast it is sponsoring with the University of Denver and commercial real estate groups.

Tresham also is bullish on prospects that construction will begin sooner rather than later on the tower at 17th and Larimer streets, which will take 30 months to construct.

"Basically, what I would say is that we would like to build this and we got within a breath of getting it started this year," Tresham said.
The new render has some of the commenters at DenverInfill bitching because it is too boxy/ One even saying he (or she?) would rather not see it built at all.

I really don't think Denver's architecture is that bad. And I happen to like the glassy look for this building. Those residential glass towers on the far west end of downtown are just gorgeous during sunset.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2008, 7:48 AM
Stay Thirsty.

That's correct, Ilsaz. For a 43 story, 600+ foot building likely to begin construction within 60 days, in this economy, there are sure a lot of picky forumers out there! I agree, while this new rendering isn't as glorious as the last one posted a few comments above, I am certainly not going to complain about a 43-story glass building!

I think the biggest bone to pick thus far for people is that this new rendering doesn't show the roof section of the tower. Many forumers (myself included) are extremely concerned that the revised Two Tabor design has lost its crown. Obviously this would be very disappointing for the northern part of our skyline. Plus, it would take about 30 or 40 feet off of the height of this tower. However, I am not going to completely pass judgement. We will know within a week whether or not the revised Tabor design has retained some roof ornamentation, once we at SSP or at Denverinfill receive more renderings or information from Callahan and their Expo presentation. Cross those fingers!

Until then, take this rendering as you will and be marred by the suspense. What will the roof be!?!?

From Denverinfill.com; courtesy of Callahan Capital Partners.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2008, 5:00 PM
low-riding

Loving all these renders. Thats a hot tower. Doesn't really relate to 1 Tabor Center but a cool tower on its own.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2008, 7:44 AM

Good News

1800 Larimer just reported to be already 80% sold in the Colorado Biz Journal. Their construction has also only just begun to pop out above the ground.
This to me seems like there is a moderatly high demand for office space in this part of LoDo. I Hope that Tabor Two will also benifit from this market and that financers will see the demand.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2008, 3:54 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

^Having Xcel relocate their regional HQ will do that.

T2 would need Qwest to opt to move their HQ to get a similar effect.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jan 3, 2009, 3:26 AM

Any update on a crown for T2?

Old Posted Jan 7, 2009, 6:46 PM
Stay Thirsty.

Ha! I wish, but no. Nothing new. I would be uber-surprised to even see this tower get built anytime soon, crown or not. I would also be overjoyed, crown or not. Stupid recession. It's lowering my standards like venturing on a bar-trek and seeing similar prospects for a fun night.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2009, 5:56 AM

This building has been cancelled for the time being.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2009, 1:39 AM

Are you assuming or do you have proof?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals