HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy418 View Post
Site plan can be found here.

The Baton Rouge is loooong overdue in Orleans!
Where did you see Baton Rouge in the site plan? The building elevations shows a Lonestar.

The site plan shows 2 restaurants and a building with a drive-through.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 3:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Note that I am pretty sure Orleans lost its only fine(r) cheese shop last year, which closed for a lack of business. And this is an affluent mostly white-collar suburb of over 100,000 people. It also doesn't really have a fine pastry shop. Nor does it have a small, fine(r) food grocery AFAIK.
There is a pretty good fine pastry shop at Orleans Blvd & Forest Valley: http://www.deliceroyalbakery.com

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundas View Post
Where did you see Baton Rouge in the site plan? The building elevations shows a Lonestar.

The site plan shows 2 restaurants and a building with a drive-through.
I recall seeing a tweet from Baton Rouge a while back - I believe it'll be in Building J on the corner. Looks like Lone Star will be in Building K with the patio.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 2:23 AM

I'm very pleased to see Indigo opening a new store! The closest one to Orleans is on Ogilvie. I enjoy visiting Chapters/Indigo and have long feared for it's viability in today's economy, so this is very good news.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 11:36 PM
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketphish View Post
New Smart Centre coming to Innes and Mer Bleue

By Brier Dodge, Orleans News
Jan 16, 2017

A new Smart Centre will be coming to Innes and Mer Bleue Roads, on an undeveloped parcel of land south of Innes and east of Mer Bleue.

The 20-hectare Smart Centre will have an Indigo and Marshalls, along with space for 12 other tenants, according to the site plan.

Leasing rep Catherine McKenna said Indigo and Marshalls were the only confirmed tenants, but she expected other tenants to be announced soon.

McKenna said SmartREIT, which owns Smart Centres, will look to open in summer 2018.

It will be the second Smart Centre in Orléans, with the first located further west on Innes Road, in the plaza with the Walmart, Canadian Tire and Home Outfitters.

Brier Dodge is a reporter-photographer with the Orléans News and Ottawa Metroland Media publications. She can be reached at brier.dodge@metroland.com.

http://www.ottawacommunitynews.com/n...and-mer-bleue/
Since I'm in Orleans now mostly every weekend, I can very well follow this project, but lots of on-going work at the site right now. Not too far from there, there will be the mini-Montfort project which might be starting in not too long future (not sure when), but I've heard of talks of some sections of the hospital that will move in a couple or a few years to Orleans.
"However, the Leafs have not won the Cup since 1967, giving them the longest-active Cup drought in the NHL, and thus are the only Original Six team that has not won the Cup since the 1967 NHL expansion." Favorite phrase on the Toronto Maple Leafs Wikipedia page.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre47 View Post
Since I'm in Orleans now mostly every weekend, I can very well follow this project, but lots of on-going work at the site right now. Not too far from there, there will be the mini-Montfort project which might be starting in not too long future (not sure when), but I've heard of talks of some sections of the hospital that will move in a couple or a few years to Orleans.
If you are interested I believe this is the information from the Smart Centre website

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 3:36 AM

Instead of Smart Centres, can we start calling them Dumb Centres?

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 6:52 PM

A Kettlemans Bagels opened June 24th @ trainyards. It's open 24/7

Old Posted Jul 7, 2017, 1:21 AM
Melissa: fabulous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhuniau View Post
Instead of Smart Centres, can we start calling them Dumb Centres?
If there's no baseball gloves to be found within, yes.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 11:31 PM
Awesome!

I found this for St-Joseph & Trim as I had noticed construction lately at the roundabout, but the only official thing I know that will be built right now is a Starbucks. Of course with the Cardinal Creek development, expect this area to be quite busy in terms of construction in a few years.

http://webcast.ottawa.ca/plan/All_Im...0Rationale.PDF
"However, the Leafs have not won the Cup since 1967, giving them the longest-active Cup drought in the NHL, and thus are the only Original Six team that has not won the Cup since the 1967 NHL expansion." Favorite phrase on the Toronto Maple Leafs Wikipedia page.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 3:42 PM

Everytime I drive pass the mastermind toy storw they're building on the placedorleans parking lot I tell myself that would be a great spot for a Starbucks instead of a toy store. It would make that corner a little more lively.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2018, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHeadroom View Post
Brigil had plans for a Power Centre mixed use development at 417 and Limoges Rd http://www.brigil.com/community/125-limoges near the Calypso Waterpark, which is right on the townline, but it looks like it fizzled out.

The new Embrun Fire Hall is in the middle of nowhere on route 300, so the township has made it clear that they intend to expand north.
This is not true. The fire hall was moved to Route 300 to reduce response times . Previously the fire hall was right in the middle of the oldest part of the village on Notre-Dame St. (the village's main street) which is a 2-lane road with no turn lanes and parking on the shoulders. Notre-Dame is chronically backed up in rush hour. Route 300 serves as a bypass for Notre-Dame and this way they can reach anywhere in the village or TWP faster. The master plan for Russell Twp calls for more density and limited growth of the urban area to the north. The location for the new Fire Hall was selected because it is away from the urban area and the town's traffic.

With emergency lights and sirens activated the fire trucks can at least drive 100km/hr on Route 300 and take one of the north/south "Saint" roads (St-Guillaume, St-Augustin, St-Pierre or St-Thomas) to reach anywhere in the village in only minutes.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2018, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianinmichigan View Post
This is not true. The fire hall was moved to Route 300 to reduce response times . Previously the fire hall was right in the middle of the oldest part of the village on Notre-Dame St. (the village's main street) which is a 2-lane road with no turn lanes and parking on the shoulders. Notre-Dame is chronically backed up in rush hour. Route 300 serves as a bypass for Notre-Dame and this way they can reach anywhere in the village or TWP faster. The master plan for Russell Twp calls for more density and limited growth of the urban area to the north. The location for the new Fire Hall was selected because it is away from the urban area and the town's traffic.

With emergency lights and sirens activated the fire trucks can at least drive 100km/hr on Route 300 and take one of the north/south "Saint" roads (St-Guillaume, St-Augustin, St-Pierre or St-Thomas) to reach anywhere in the village in only minutes.
Yeah. I was blown away by how bad peak period congestion is there last time I was visiting.

Russell Township's future growth is constrained by the fact that most of the land area is AAA agricultural land and thus undeveloped. Most of the land available for future growth is actually in the space in between Embrun & Russell. The two will eventually grow into one urban area of about 20,000 people or so and probably top out there.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 2:47 AM
National Capital Region

http://ottwatch.ca/devapps/D02-02-18-0065
2983 Navan Road @ Brian Cobourn

The City of Ottawa has received a Zoning By-law Amendment application to re-zone the subject property from Development Reserve (DR) to General Mixed Use (GM), with site-specific exceptions, to permit the development of a retail shopping centre including multiple retail and restaurant pads, as well as a gas bar and associated car wash.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundas View Post
Everytime I drive pass the mastermind toy storw they're building on the placedorleans parking lot I tell myself that would be a great spot for a Starbucks instead of a toy store. It would make that corner a little more lively.
You're right!
Strange to build stand-alone stores just next to an indoor mall.

Last edited by eltodesukane; Jul 31, 2018 at 9:46 PM.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2018, 5:11 PM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Taggart eyes new 11-acre retail plaza in southwest Orléans

By: OBJ staff
Published: Jul 31, 2018 12:25pm EDT

An Ottawa developer is looking to add a grocery store, restaurant, gas station and other retail shops in a fast-growing corner of the city’s eastern suburbs.

The investment arm of Taggart Realty Management has filed a rezoning application with the city for its property at 2983 Navan Rd., near Page Road, in the Chapel Hill South community.

Taggart says its new development fills a need in the area and argues residents currently have limited shopping and service opportunities in the immediate community.

In addition to a 36,600-square-foot grocery store, plans for the property also include 32,300 square feet of retail space, three restaurants – including one with a drive-through – as well as a car wash, gas station and 343 parking spaces.

The area’s road network is in the midst of a considerable upgrade. The Brian Coburn Boulevard extension was completed last fall, extending the road between Mer Bleue and Navan roads, and there are plans to extend and reconfigure Blackburn Hamlet Bypass, connecting Brian Coburn Boulevard and Innes Road, according to Taggart’s consultants.

Taggart, which also has affiliated homebuilding and general contracting divisions, currently manages more than a half-dozen retail properties across Ottawa including the Crown Point Plaza in Orléans, the Jackson Trails Centre in Stittsville and the Blue Heron Mall on Bank Street.

Orléans has one of the lowest retail vacancy rates in the city, according to statistics from Cushman & Wakefield Ottawa.

At the end of 2017, the community had a vacancy rate of four per cent, compared to a citywide vacancy rate of 5.5 per cent, the commercial real estate services firm reported.

http://www.obj.ca/article/taggart-ey...thwest-orleans

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 12:32 PM
National Capital Region

200k sq foot plaza proposed just south of Barrhaven Independent Grocer
https://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans...appId=__ABD5U8

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 12:42 PM

A new plaza is coming to Kanata at Eagleson & Cope. There will be a Metro grocery store right across from Superstore

https://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans...appId=__A183Z1

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterloowarrior View Post
200k sq foot plaza proposed just south of Barrhaven Independent Grocer
https://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans...appId=__ABD5U8
I tried looking back through some pages but can't find the information I am looking for.

I think about 5-7 years ago, Trinity (I think) had a plan extremely similar to this that many of us speculated would be a Target or Lowe's. Now Richcraft has dug it up from the grave.

Any speculation on what that anchor tenant could be? The "seasonal" area to it makes me think it is a Lowe's. But Home Depot is right there and there is a Canadian Tire across the street. What other stores have a "seasonal" area part of their stores? A Superstore? (Loblaws is directly across the street).

Old Posted Feb 8, 2019, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeggsEggs View Post
A new plaza is coming to Kanata at Eagleson & Cope. There will be a Metro grocery store right across from Superstore

https://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans...appId=__A183Z1
When I saw the development sign on site a while back, I was hoping it would be a Freshco... not a lot of "discount" grocers in Kanata.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs