HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 5:35 PM
World Traveler

I found these that show the progress:

Video Link

Video Link

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 5:55 PM

Here's another video from Joe Tegtmeyer from 03/1/24. He flies 3 times a week and has documented the progress since the beginning. Good narration with lots of info.

https://youtu.be/GHyvHFboGfc

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 7:43 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX2030 View Post
Here's another video from Joe Tegtmeyer from 03/1/24. He flies 3 times a week and has documented the progress since the beginning. Good narration with lots of info.

^^ This guy is awesome. I couldn't remember his name to search for him and came across the other one.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX2030 View Post

He's great. He also occasionally heads down to SpaceX at Boca Chica as well as SpaceX and the Boring Co. sites in Bastrop for updates.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2024, 12:41 AM

Brad Sloan also flies GigaTexas, good videos from him as well. Different style than Joe or Jeff.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2024, 4:51 AM

Talking Tesla Plant Expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Country View Post
Is it this? https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/10/tesl...expansion.html

"January [2023] filings with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation reveal that Tesla plans to spend upward of $770 million on the construction of facilities there, including for battery cell testing and manufacturing, cathode and drive unit manufacturing, and a die shop, among other things."
Sadly, I watch Joe's videos 3X a week

The cathode building, die shop, and cell testing lab have been constructed for a long time now, and they are to the point where their interiors are being finished, while the pavement and asphalt around them are almost done. With that said, it is likely the building expansion to the south of the main building is additional room for vehicle manufacturing (maybe even the 3rd Gen [$25,000] model), a paint shop, and at the far end... offices, as they are adding HUGE panes of glass that weigh on the order of 12,000 lbs. each.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2024, 6:36 AM

On Downtown’s Doorstep, Demolitions Discreetly Denote Development

Quote:
We don’t mean to brag or nuthin’, but we’re usually pretty good at knowing what’s going on around downtown, development-wise. It’s our job, more or less. So it’s a fun little change of pace when something big is going down and we have no idea why — finally, the thrill of the unknown! That’s the case this week over in Old West Austin near downtown, where a major demolition is now planned for a roughly 1.2-acre assembly of adjacent properties on the east side of Walsh Street between West Fifth and West Sixth Streets. This would entail the removal of three houses currently used as commercial space at 503, 505, and 507 Walsh Street; along with an office and warehouse building located at the corner of Walsh and West Sixth Street.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2024, 10:25 PM

Has there been any construction updates with the Four Seasons Lake Austin Private Residences? I haven't really seen anything about it in the past few months, other than some trails being caved in the forest, as seen from recent satellite pictures.
https://www.lakeaustinresidences.com/?gad_source=1

Old Posted Mar 14, 2024, 12:50 AM

Love this concept for repurposing Nau's https://austin.towers.net/heres-how-...lyn@towers.net

Old Posted Mar 14, 2024, 8:31 PM
Member since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by N11ck_T View Post
Has there been any construction updates with the Four Seasons Lake Austin Private Residences? I haven't really seen anything about it in the past few months, other than some trails being caved in the forest, as seen from recent satellite pictures.
https://www.lakeaustinresidences.com/?gad_source=1
I believe construction is slated to begin this year with at least a partial delivery in late 2026/early 2027. I only saw three of the 145ish units for sale - currently. The others have sold - presumably. I know that more than half of the units sold in the first six months of sales. The advertised prices for units ranged from $4.1 million to $25+ million.

Last edited by GoldenBoot; Mar 14, 2024 at 8:43 PM.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2024, 2:09 PM
Old West Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoot View Post
I believe construction is slated to begin this year with at least a partial delivery in late 2026/early 2027. I only saw three of the 145ish units for sale - currently. The others have sold - presumably. I know that more than half of the units sold in the first six months of sales. The advertised prices for units ranged from $4.1 million to $25+ million.
I would not exactly say they are "sold" - they are "under contract." A lot has changed since that project was first proposed and many may walk away from their earnest money deposit. There is a 16 unit development on 9th St in Old West Austin that broke ground in 2022 and has since stopped work. They claimed to have contracts on 10 of the 16 units (all $2.2MM - $3.2MM) but I imagine plenty have walked away from that earnest money as they can get a better deal now, even after eating the deposit. Not sure about the uber luxe end of the market this project targets however. No mortgages for those folks.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 11:12 PM

Noticed new Downright sign.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 2:03 PM
Old West Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SproutingTowers View Post
Noticed new Downright sign.

Looks like a sign for a donut shop.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 4:16 PM

I've read reviews of the redesign online, supposedly it's a downright frumpy, ugly hotel...and they're branding it as a Renaissance. Without that name it'd be "fine", with it...wtf Marriott.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverrushing31 View Post
I've read reviews of the redesign online, supposedly it's a downright frumpy, ugly hotel...and they're branding it as a Renaissance. Without that name it'd be "fine", with it...wtf Marriott.
...as opposed to calling it UPLEFT

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 5:23 PM

How’s it hangin……..

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 5:48 PM
World Traveler

Man, that new sign looks old already.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverrushing31 View Post
The British Music Embassy was there during SXSW. The hotel is indeed fugly. If there have been renovations, I sure couldn't tell while I was there.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 1:59 PM

Students saddened but welcome change with residence hall demolition

Quote:
On the northern edge of campus sits Whitis Court, a quiet residence hall made up of six two-story buildings, all connected by a courtyard. Last month, The University of Texas System Board of Regents authorized the development of a 1,000-bed student housing complex to replace the dorm.

The $145 million project will house 800 more students than Whitis Court, which is set to be demolished in June, said Meredith Pruitt, associate vice president of communications and engagement. The new residence hall will open in fall 2027, making it the first UT residence hall to open in almost two decades.

Pruitt said the project is part of President Jay Hartzell’s plan to increase student engagement, and that living on campus pushes students to become more involved with the University, stay active in organizations and succeed in classes. Pruitt also said the building aims to increase the number of students in North Campus and connect the area to other parts of the University.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2024, 4:08 PM

This'll be the first new residence hall since Duren, right?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin