HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daud View Post
Living in the south end I have thought about this. I would say that you could have the airport parkway merge with riverside at bronson then have traffic move NE. Build a bridge to connect to nicholas which is part of the long term plan anyways. This would create a north south route and eliminate the need for the alta vista parkway.

If you look at riverside between bronson and hurdman, there is very little preventing it from being upgraded, there's just the bank st intersection. Smyth is already an interchange.

The city caved to various neighbourhoods over the years and as such we are left without a good north south corrider for vehicles. Same thing happened in Toronto with the Allen Expressway. It stops dead at Eglinton. This results in cars driving down residential areas, collector roads and interacting with pedestrians. People hate highways, but they divert large amounts of traffic

Also, I personally think this proposed connection should a)connect to Hwy 5 and b) the airport parkway should extend south to an expanded Leitrim, which should one day be a 417-416 link, airport highway and ottawa bypass.

But I am dreaming...Ottawa doesn't build highways. We build 4 lane roads with traffic lights.
There is a difference when comparing with the Allen Expressway in Toronto. In place of extending the expressway southward, they built a subway northward. Ottawa seems to like the idea of doing neither, or doing a half assed job of both. Typical.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation