HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 1:23 AM

I went to the sales centre today, and it was PACKED. They seemed to be selling a lot of units, and the people looked fairly middle class, and a few families. Which indicates to me that either this is a lot of investment buyers, or people in the middle class were very interested in this project, which bodes well for retail and restaurants around the area.

I am also curious if this is the first development that is somewhat affordable and not being sold as "luxury" in downtown Hamilton in a long time?

Here are some facts:

- Parking spots are $40,000 extra, and you can only purchase one if you purchase a condo over 650 sq.ft.

- The first 4 floors will be parking, with one underground, which I am sure we already knew

- The construction will start next spring, but if they sell 85% fast enough, they may start this coming fall

- Final approvals are being completed, so it is unlikely this thing doesn't happen

- The units were around $360,000 on average is seems like, though these were apparently "special prices" for this event. Stainless steel and other finishings are included

- Maintenance costs are $0.29 per square foot, due to no pool and no 24h concierge

Interest in the future of Hamilton and the GTHA. Living in Burlington, hoping to move to the Hammer sooner rather than later. I understand the basic building blocks of a successful city. Hamilton is getting close.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
I went to the sales centre today, and it was PACKED. They seemed to be selling a lot of units, and the people looked fairly middle class, and a few families. Which indicates to me that either this is a lot of investment buyers, or people in the middle class were very interested in this project, which bodes well for retail and restaurants around the area.

I am also curious if this is the first development that is somewhat affordable and not being sold as "luxury" in downtown Hamilton in a long time?

Here are some facts:

- Parking spots are $40,000 extra, and you can only purchase one if you purchase a condo over 650 sq.ft.

- The first 4 floors will be parking, with one underground, which I am sure we already knew

- The construction will start next spring, but if they sell 85% fast enough, they may start this coming fall

- Final approvals are being completed, so it is unlikely this thing doesn't happen

- The units were around $360,000 on average is seems like, though these were apparently "special prices" for this event. Stainless steel and other finishings are included

- Maintenance costs are $0.29 per square foot, due to no pool and no 24h concierge
Cheap, cheap maintenance fees. Mine I think are. 45 per square foot in Vista phase 2 if I remember. Jelly!!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 9:55 PM

Hey guys,

first time home buyer and post here

Managed to snag a 1 BR "Florence" unit on the first day of the vip sale

My lawyer went through the contract and stated that I should cap the developer charges since it's open right now. Would it be a deal breaker if I can't get them to budge on that? Also, any idea of a rough ball park for closing costs for a typical hamilton project (eg. 150 main, vista 2, etc.) Thank you

Also, i'm going again tonight so i'll try to grab the price list to post here

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brarp2 View Post
...My lawyer went through the contract and stated that I should cap the developer charges since it's open right now. Would it be a deal breaker if I can't get them to budge on that? Also, any idea of a rough ball park for closing costs for a typical hamilton project......
Your lawyer should know about closing costs, right?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brarp2 View Post
Hey guys,

first time home buyer and post here

Managed to snag a 1 BR "Florence" unit on the first day of the vip sale

My lawyer went through the contract and stated that I should cap the developer charges since it's open right now. Would it be a deal breaker if I can't get them to budge on that? Also, any idea of a rough ball park for closing costs for a typical hamilton project (eg. 150 main, vista 2, etc.) Thank you

Also, i'm going again tonight so i'll try to grab the price list to post here
Your lawyer should should go through all the closing costs with you. Mine saved me 5000 on devolpment charges

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 11:24 PM

Smile First time buyer

Hi all

New to this forum thing.
I went to the VIP event last Sunday and picked up an Athens unit (wanted the Chicago but sold out!).

My lawyer is reviewed the docs now. I think it’s a dealbreaker for me if they won’t cap closing costs / dev fees. The lady told me they would not do this but advised that my lawyer should discuss with their lawyer. If anyone has a closing fee estimate they’d like to share please let me know and I can post what my lawyer says as well.

I’m really excited for this project but I need some protection in terms of closing costs - too many preconstruction horror stories read on the Internet.

Anyone have insight on the developer? Some bad google reviews but that’s it.

The salespeople told me that they change the prices every day, which is kinda odd but they said it’s based on supply and demand. Curious to know what others paid for their units... I don’t know if it’s standard to change prices daily. Wonder if they are almost sold out

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton