HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Building Requests & Database Corrections > Completed Requests

Old Posted Sep 11, 2017, 2:56 PM

115 Winthrop Square, Boston Correction

The building height as submitted to the FAA for approval is 231 m or 758 ft source. If you could update the building page it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 6:51 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...t8K/story.html

And before that it was 750 feet:

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/n...are-tower.html

This will not be changed until it's actually nailed down. At the moment, it's 702 feet, but even before that they were talking about 775 feet and 750 feet, never 758 feet. I think it was you I went over this before with concerning using the FAA applications as a source. After discussing it with you I went and did some random research on my state and found multiple applications where the information was incorrect to what has actually been built.

So, with that said, I'm not going to accept the FAA applications as a primary source when a height already exists in the database. I'll accept it as a primary source should not other height exist in the database for a building, or if the current height in the database clearly be in error. But in any other case, you'll have to have corroborating evidence. I'd suggest, then, to save corrections and such until you have done this.

Last edited by LMich; Sep 13, 2017 at 7:01 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Building Requests & Database Corrections > Completed Requests