HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 8:25 PM

New Retail Kiosk at the Bridge Terminal

Beginning on Friday, November 23, construction will begin on the retail kiosk inside the new Bridge Terminal.

For the convenience of our passengers, "On-Route Convenience" will be open 6 a.m. until midnight, with transit tickets and passes available for purchase, as well as other amenities, such as newspapers, snacks, etc.

Passengers can expect minor construction debris around the area until the kiosk is completed in late December.

halifax.ca

- DJ

Old Posted Nov 27, 2012, 3:26 PM

it will be interesting to see how the buses do exiting onto Thistle when there is snow, the curving ramp could be tricky, particularly for the articulated buses.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 2:33 AM

Wow I have not posted on this site in ages...

Transit is rearranging the routes at the Bridge Terminal, thankfully.

http://www.halifax.ca/metrotransit/d...tic_WebRes.pdf

One of the motivators I would imagine is the rumour that the route 61 will start being served by artics ('bendy' buses if you will...) this spring, so now both 61s (to Halifax and Forest Hills) will need to stop at bays long enough for artics.
Still not sure why they insist on having the 52 Bayers Lake stop right in the middle of all the routes heading to downtown Halifax...

Just one comment on the new terminal, going back to something mentioned on the previous page about the horrible crosswalk placements. That upper level pedestrian 'bridge' is supposed to be the way to get from the terminal platform to either Nantucket Ave or Thistle St heading in the direction of Victoria Rd. Yep it's a neat idea, and yep it looks nice. But nobody uses it. Pedestrians use the path of least resistance, so if you're going to leave the terminal and walk up either Nantucket or Thistle towards Victoria, you're going to just walk to the end of the platform and head towards the street, dodging buses as you go. Waste of money.

The only way I can see them stopping people from jaywalking across Nantucket to get to the McDonald's is either move the upper crosswalk as suggested earlier (and put in a proper crossing across the terminal driveway, because again nobody's going to use the upper level) or install a concrete barrier with fence up the middle of the road like they did at the Mumford Terminal.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 2:34 AM

Double post. Must have been so long I forgot how to post!

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 12:25 AM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

Welcome back! I think most of us had assumed you were gone for good.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2013, 11:31 AM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

By me,

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure