HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Oct 21, 2010, 4:40 AM

Halifax News Net article

Quote:
Construction of Sackville's roundabout, interchange on schedule
Published on October 20th, 2010
Yvette d'Entremont

The roundabout and off-ramp project under construction in Middle Sackville is expected to open to traffic by Dec. 31.

“The bridge construction is already complete on the 101 (highway) and construction of the interchange ramps and connector road are underway at this point,” MLA Mat Whynott said last week. “Those should be done soon, and the project is still on track to open at the end of December.”

The article goes onto to explain the roundabout for the corner of Margeson and Sackville Drive will start construction soon and a base will be installed for a Park 'N Ride on the Lucasville side.

- DJ

Old Posted Dec 20, 2010, 10:13 PM

The roundabout today;

- DJ

Old Posted Dec 22, 2010, 2:01 PM

I presume that the accident victims along with the EMS equipment and the burning hulks of wrecked vehicles are out of frame to the right?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2011, 5:23 AM

This is now complete and opened to the public (well from Sackville Drive to Hwy 101 at least). Some shots I snapped late last week;

PS this thread should be in the Transportation & Infrastructure Subsection and titled; (Sackville) Margeson Drive & Interchange | Completed

- DJ

Old Posted Jun 30, 2011, 12:42 PM

We seem to have roundabout-itis in Nova Scotia. This one looks ridiculously tight.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2011, 4:48 PM
we built this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
We seem to have roundabout-itis in Nova Scotia. This one looks ridiculously tight.
I like it... I mean, I prefer roundabouts compared to waiting for a light.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2013, 5:17 PM

Public consultations are coming up for the extension of Margeson Drive to the south of the Highway 101 (to Sackville River and eventually onto Lucasville Road).

MARGESON DRIVE - PROJECT PLAN

PROJECT DESCRIPTION

"Margeson Drive is a collector road which will connect Trunk 1 in Middle Sackville to Lucasville Road in the vicinity of Atlantic Playland. In future, the road may be extended northward to Beaver Bank. From Highway 101 to the Sackville River, the roadway will be controlled access with well-spaced intersections and no driveways. From the Sackville River to Lucasville Road, the road will be built as a subdivision street with driveways along it. The road will be two lanes wide with bike lanes. It is expected
that the posted speed limit will be 50 km/h on the subdivision street portion and 70 km/h on the controlled access portion."

- DJ

Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 7:57 PM

Just to let everyone know I have moved this thread to the transportation & infrastructure thread and renamed it to be more clear.

- DJ

Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 5:27 AM

Just wondering if there's any more word on what might be happening with the commercial lots in front of Sunset Ridge off the 101?

I heard that a few condo buildings will be going up in Sunset Ridge too.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2013, 7:15 AM

I recently noticed on the hwy sign off margeson dr, exit 2A there's indicator and arrow signs suggestion:gas station, lodging and restaraunts. Any word on things going up around this area?

Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 6:13 PM

I believe that ALL of Margeson Drive should be 70km/h (or faster) limited access and that it should run all the way from Highway 213 (Hammonds Plains Road) to the north end of Beaver Bank. I don't believe that any part of this corridor should be a subdivision street, otherwise we'll end up with a road that's no better than Caldwell Road in Dartmouth with cross-town arterial traffic conflicting with local residential driveway traffic. Room should also be set aside within the ultimate right-of-way for an HOV corridor and eventual rapid transit provision (BRT, with it upgraded to LRT if it ever gets busy enough), if the need ever arises. Strict anti-sprawl land use planning will also be a must (Have a mix of high and low density of appropriate proportions to the terrain and set a maximum urban/suburban fringe line in order to preserve essential wilderness land for outdoor activities, such as hunting and camping and also for wildlife protection). Also, for crying out loud, keep unnecessary development off of flood plains!

Regards,

Richard Kannegiesser

Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 8:55 PM

HRM has provided an update on the Margeson Drive interchange. The plans haven't had any revisions as of yet. In the public information meeting comments section it appears Waterstone residents are furious about the plan especially about the possibiity it may not all open at once leaving cross-town traffic to use Waterstone Run for some time.

Margeson Drive Update

- DJ

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure