HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Oct 2, 2015, 8:36 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hali87 View Post
I actually run Chebucto Water Taxi (will be ending the inaugural season in a couple weeks).

I took Harbour Water Taxi when they first opened and it's quite nice. It's basically like being in a large sedan on the water. Very fast and quiet. They seem to be focusing primarily on McNab's now, although it began as a King's Wharf-Maritime Museum service.

We use zodiacs (just one this year, but planning for 2 or 3 next year) so it's completely open to the elements, which some people prefer and others do not. Because they're not enclosed they're a bit more flexible for things like bicycles, and because they're flat-bottomed they can land on beaches, which none of the other water taxi/charter boats can do, as far as I'm aware. They're also much more fuel efficient than heavier boats so they're quite cheap to operate.

I don't think Lawlor's island is open to the public - in any case there's no dock. However, you can basically just walk over from Eastern Passage at low tide - the Passage gets insanely shallow and Lawlor's is very close.
I thought about swimming or wading over to Lawlors but they have signs up warning of dangerous currents and I wasn't sure how deep it got so I chickened out lol.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure