HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 8:52 PM

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...66295117184134 Moncton made it for the top places to live in Canada

Old Posted Aug 27, 2017, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbilly View Post
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...66295117184134 Moncton made it for the top places to live in Canada
I'm not sure where they get there stats because 3 doctors per resident does not seem right considering how many Monctonians are still on a waiting list for a doctor to be available.

But do love the fact where on the list, and there median home price I think might be a little off but close to the actual median home price non the less.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 4:25 AM

A little video clip of VIA Rail, Events Centre, and Downtown Moncton from yours truly.

Video Link

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 7:26 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

FWIW - Greater Moncton now has two powerful ministers in the federal cabinet. Dominic LeBlanc (Beausejour - Fisheries, Oceans & Coast Guard) and Ginette Petitpas-Taylor (Moncton, Riverview, Dieppe - Federal Minister of Health). Dominic or course is also Justin's best friend and confidente.

SE NB has never been so well represented in cabinet........

Old Posted Aug 29, 2017, 2:12 AM

^ No place in NB generally has ever been so well represented... Hopefully she has a broader scope in her policy positions

Old Posted Sep 3, 2017, 2:06 AM

Was rummaging through my fathers old collection of Canadian Geographic and found this addition from 1995! I figured I would take some photos of the magazine and post it here.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2017, 4:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
Was rummaging through my fathers old collection of Canadian Geographic and found this addition from 1995! I figured I would take some photos of the magazine and post it here.

Neat pics! Where is the office tower in the second picture?

Old Posted Sep 3, 2017, 4:24 AM

that via rail, visit moncton video does not make me want to visit Moncton.. very unflattering video. i know Moncton is a lot prettier than that

Old Posted Sep 3, 2017, 5:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Neat pics! Where is the office tower in the second picture?
That is the one on the corner next to st. James gate and almost across from the parking garage.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2017, 3:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 905er View Post
that via rail, visit moncton video does not make me want to visit Moncton.. very unflattering video. i know Moncton is a lot prettier than that
This small clip was an 'in the moment' type of video capture which I took during the time I was taking photos of the new street curb being installed around the Events Centre. See Event Centre thread.

Since VIA just arrived seconds before I got to the scene, I thought I would perform a flyby and take advantage of the situation, since there are been no recorded scenes of VIA next to the Events Centre that I had seen before on this forum.

There was no planning, no thoughts, no major creativity put together in this 2 min clip. The intent was not to make an official "downtown promotional video", but rather a little clip for fellow skyscrapers to enjoy and add some content to this site.

Here in Canada, drone owners MUST follow the Federal rules which are placed by the Department of Transportation or be faced with possible fines of up to $3000. These rules limits the ability on where you can fly responsibly.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try and spice it up next time!

Old Posted Sep 3, 2017, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
This small clip was an 'in the moment' type of video capture which I took during the time I was taking photos of the new street curb being installed around the Events Centre. See Event Centre thread.

Since VIA just arrived seconds before I got to the scene, I thought I would perform a flyby and take advantage of the situation, since there are been no recorded scenes of VIA next to the Events Centre that I had seen before on this forum.

There was no planning, no thoughts, no major creativity put together in this 2 min clip. The intent was not to make an official "downtown promotional video", but rather a little clip for fellow skyscrapers to enjoy and add some content to this site.

Here in Canada, drone owners MUST follow the Federal rules which are placed by the Department of Transportation or be faced with possible fines of up to $3000. These rules limits the ability on where you can fly responsibly.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try and spice it up next time!
I appreciate the clip, don't get me wrong.. I just think the angle looking onto Moncton with all the parking lots, unmanicured lawns.. makes Moncton look a little trashy.. I totally respect that you have to follow rules with regards to flying drowns. Moncton has a lovely downtown and looks really good from other angles.. this one was just not flattering. Not at all a reflection of your video clip taking skills. Thank you for sharing, sorry if that came across as insensitive. it was just an ugly angle of Moncton. Just like any person who takes a selfie, we all have good and bad angles. Cities are no exception

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 5:42 PM

125 new jobs in r&d with Dream Payment setting up shop in Moncton.

Could only find the Acadie Nouvelle article so far https://www.acadienouvelle.com/actua...ois-a-moncton/

From the looks of the picture, the space they currently have is on main st downtown, hopefully they stay downtown!!

Cbc article http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...jobs-1.4300949

Last edited by theshark; Sep 21, 2017 at 9:11 PM.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
125 new jobs in r&d with Dream Payment setting up shop in Moncton.

Could only find the Acadie Nouvelle article so far https://www.acadienouvelle.com/actua...ois-a-moncton/

From the looks of the picture, the space they currently have is on main st downtown, hopefully they stay downtown!!

Cbc article http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...jobs-1.4300949
If they hire as quick as BMM, it might take a while...

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/...mplois-moncton

Old Posted Sep 29, 2017, 3:18 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Indeed. There is no question that the biggest disappointment in recent years regarding job announcements is BMM Test Labs.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2017, 5:47 PM

Unless they already have work lined up for the next 5 years, you can predict how many ppl you'll hire in the future.

There's plenty of those of company here in MTL (we called them QA sweatshop). They work by contract, and once its done, they let go most of the team, and "we'll call for the next one".

They say 1000 jobs....but it could also be 200 people hired 4-5 times.

Plus i rad some of their requirements, and even I (QA with 10 years testing medical app, websites, phone system, Mobile app, Flash Games, ad injection, etc) would probably not get it.

Ppl with those requirements will not apply for a job that probably pay 15$/h...

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 8:07 PM

They are a typical QA contract shop , dependant on contracts.. they have embedded testers at ALC and a few other places here. QA pays more like 38k(out of college)-75k here.. its not a 15$ hr call center job.

They are however rumored to be one of the lowest paying shops around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felip_ars View Post
Unless they already have work lined up for the next 5 years, you can predict how many ppl you'll hire in the future.

There's plenty of those of company here in MTL (we called them QA sweatshop). They work by contract, and once its done, they let go most of the team, and "we'll call for the next one".

They say 1000 jobs....but it could also be 200 people hired 4-5 times.

Plus i rad some of their requirements, and even I (QA with 10 years testing medical app, websites, phone system, Mobile app, Flash Games, ad injection, etc) would probably not get it.

Ppl with those requirements will not apply for a job that probably pay 15$/h...

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 7:57 PM

Lewis Street

I been hearing news that 4 home to be demolished on Lewis Street and one on Steadman Street to be also to be demolished for parking lots

Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffenme View Post
I been hearing news that 4 home to be demolished on Lewis Street and one on Steadman Street to be also to be demolished for parking lots
That doesn't surprise me in the least. Since Moncton has actively stated they are moving towards removing the surface parking downtown - I think they have actually added. I have seen a few lots added south of Main Street, especially around the Rogers building. They did to stop allowing the development of surface parking downtown.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 7:24 PM

The city posted on their FB page that they will host an open house to present the changes coming to Centennial beach

This is their concept

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 10:02 PM

Dumont Hospital, and Moncton Hospital have a deal that seems to put patients needs first. 2 new MRI machines to be added to the current 2 at Dumont, and the province is to up the operating budget to make this work. With this it wont matter if you are a patient of the Moncton Hospital, or Dumont. You will be able to go to either one where an MRI is available. They are saying this deal has been in the works for years, and will cut wait times significantly.

Personally I was place on an "Emergency" wait list for an MRI, and waited almost 9 months, and would have had to wait longer if a spot had not suddenly opened up.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces