HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 6:15 AM

I had heard Optiv was going to be the signage on the crown but who knows.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 2:22 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
I had heard Optiv was going to be the signage on the crown but who knows.

Looking at the breakout of the bolts, that matches the Optiv logo.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
Looking at the breakout of the bolts, that matches the Optiv logo.
OK... wow. I recall a DP article about the Gates logo a few months back, but now I'm really hoping the Optiv logo is going up there. It also better matches the mounting area on the crown. Very attractive logo from a graphic design standpoint... which could take the sting out of leaving the crown dark. Thanks for the info!

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
OK... wow. I recall a DP article about the Gates logo a few months back, but now I'm really hoping the Optiv logo is going up there. It also better matches the mounting area on the crown. Very attractive logo from a graphic design standpoint... which could take the sting out of leaving the crown dark. Thanks for the info!
I heard it was going to be Optiv from a friend who works in their KC office.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 5:36 PM

^ Interesting!! I wonder how bright it will be as folks who live in Four Seasons and Brooks Tower I'm sure gave Hines an ear full. As a native metro Denverite I'll always remember the Qwest sign..

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 5:59 PM

This was a nice place to be stuck in traffic at this morning:

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 6:18 PM

^^^^
Does anyone know what in god's name they are doing at the intersection of Park and Wewatta? They started this a few weeks ago, closing two lanes of traffic on all sides of the intersection. Yet..... from what I can tell there is no actual construction taking place. None that I can see anyways.

It's a bit annoying......

EDIT: Found the answer - https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...owntown-denver

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngiNerd View Post
Don't forget this massive $500 million 5-year project for Denver Water which is currently in progress...you can see the huge 7' pipes out by Applewood along the west side of I-70 if you drive out that way to the mountains.

https://www.denverwater.org/project-...system-renewal
Dang, I wasn't even aware of this project. That's impressive. Originally created in the 1930's? No wonder it was time for extensive renovation and updating.

I'm always a bit fascinated by the infrastructure bones that everybody takes for granted. Fortunately with Denver Water being one of the more powerful political players they have the wherewithal to plan and do what's necessary to secure a safe water future.

I see where Stantec/AECOM has been added to Black & Veatch on the Gross Reservoir expansion team but it now looks like construction won't start until 2020.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 5:03 AM

For those that are interested, here is Denver’s proposal to Amazon that was released. http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...enverPost.html

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 6:23 AM

TakeFive:
Speaking of water projects here's what I posted a few days ago:
Ahh the good ole water issue, I remember sometime back around 2009-2011 the Denver Water Board and several front range water boards where trying to come to an agreement on a huge plan that would have rivaled FasTracks in cost (est around 8 billion!). Since a lot of water rights were sold off to downstream interests the so-called Big Straw was just briefly mentioned in the Post-it would have included twin pipelines to the Missouri River just south of Omaha and the other to the Mississippi River just south of St Louis and would have included pumping stations and water plants in central Nebraska and Kansas plus a yuge plant where both pipelines would meet near Bennett east of DIA. Denver Water and the others never came to an agreement on this.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 6:57 AM

Even without an illuminated crown, 1144 Fifteenth Street is a fine addition to the Denver skyline IMO. I snagged this photo Monday evening.

http://denverurbanreview.com/
http://justinmartinphotography.com/

Old Posted Jan 24, 2018, 11:47 PM

Last edited by Octavian; Jan 26, 2018 at 3:49 AM.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 12:07 AM

Looks like SOVA is going light gauge steel:

Bonus:

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 2:21 AM

Is anyone aware of any projects that have filed site development plans that are going to be required to install a green roof? It just seems as though there has been a palpable lack of development activity and I can't help but wonder if everyone is waiting until June to see if the city council modifies or eliminates the green roof ordinance.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 2:30 AM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Nice shots everyone. J21bird, good to see you again.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 4:33 PM

Couple condo-related tidbits.....

A small condo project that may break ground this year.....

https://businessden.com/2018/01/25/d...s-dog-park-2m/

And a general overview of where things are at in Denver.....

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/2...strips-supply/

One interesting quote:

"Brian Levitt, president of project developer NAVA Real Estate and Development, said his company is now designing a 200-unit condo project for central Denver."

I am assuming this is referring to the project at 575 E. 20th - http://navareal.com/properties/575-e-20th-avenue/

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
Couple condo-related tidbits.....

A small condo project that may break ground this year.....

https://businessden.com/2018/01/25/d...s-dog-park-2m/

And a general overview of where things are at in Denver.....

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/2...strips-supply/

One interesting quote:

"Brian Levitt, president of project developer NAVA Real Estate and Development, said his company is now designing a 200-unit condo project for central Denver."

I am assuming this is referring to the project at 575 E. 20th - http://navareal.com/properties/575-e-20th-avenue/

Speaking of condos - I recently went and looked at the Coloradan @ Union Station. A few tidbits:

1. They are already @ 70+ percent sold.
2. They've sold tons of studios - 600 to 700 Sq. Feet or so @600K +. (Ouch).
3. Two bedrooms (1100 to 1300 square feet) are from high 800s to around 1.1 million. (Ouch, Ouch!).

Obviously, these prices are supported by sales. Just goes to show what a lack of quality product there's been. Perhaps these eye-opening numbers will now drive greater development. (I LOVE the NAVA project). Also, was told that the expensive studios are being bought up by "millennials." Sounds like there's at least a few millennials around town with some real change in their pockets.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 5:37 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Obviously, these prices are supported by sales. Just goes to show what a lack of quality product there's been. Perhaps these eye-opening numbers will now drive greater development. (I LOVE the NAVA project). Also, was told that the expensive studios are being bought up by "millennials." Sounds like there's at least a few millennials around town with some real change in their pockets.
There's also the Bank of Mom and Dad.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 5:42 PM

I can kind of forgive those prices ($1,000 a sq. ft.) simply because of the location, but it's appalling that there aren't other, more affordable condos within a larger radius. I find it sad that $500 a sq. ft. condo is now an affordable rate in my mind.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2018, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
I can kind of forgive those prices ($1,000 a sq. ft.) simply because of the location, but it's appalling that there aren't other, more affordable condos within a larger radius. I find it sad that $500 a sq. ft. condo is now an affordable rate in my mind.
When I met with The Coloradan, most of the prices were closer to $650/sf. 1,000 SF 1/1 around $625,000, 550 SF studio around $300,000. There was a premium for units facing Union Station and most of those units came with balconies while the side facing Whole Foods does not have balconies. The units did not come with parking spaces and you have to rent them for $200/month.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West