HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Dec 16, 2018, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirsty View Post
No articles on TIBO in over a month and then today their domain name expired.

What happened? What is another source of development news?
I just checked their website and was able to access it, but still no new post since 10/1/18. This has happened to them before. They actually had another web address before this one that was not updated for awhile before their new/current website was unveiled. They provided some good stories but there were times that things were posted here before they were there. And no offense to them, but their writing was not very good.

There are still plenty of places to find good information about developments - Rio Nuevo's website, the City of Tucson's website, the Regional Transportation Authority's website, the AZ Daily Star's website (Tucson.com) are good places to start as well as Inside Tucson Business.

For all of Arizona, including Tucson, there's the AZ DOT's website and also the Arizona Builder's Exchange website as well as Real Estate Daily News.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 9:12 PM

Steve K's weekly newsletter says the ground breaking has occurred at 75 E. Broadway. Anyone know if this is actually the case?

Also, would love to see a rendering with the updated/smaller design.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller5 View Post
Steve K's weekly newsletter says the ground breaking has occurred at 75 E. Broadway. Anyone know if this is actually the case?

Don't see anything on PRO to confirm this.

On another note, a permit was issued earlier this month for demolition of the parking garage just west of Hotel Arizona.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 11:20 PM

Hey, Tucsonians!

Wanted to check in on the construction status of the new football practice facility... does anyone have any recent pictures?

Also, does the UA still have that construction cam portal?

Thanks!!!

Old Posted Dec 27, 2018, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
Hey, Tucsonians!

Wanted to check in on the construction status of the new football practice facility... does anyone have any recent pictures?

Also, does the UA still have that construction cam portal?

Thanks!!!
The camera is still live at http://www.pdc.arizona.edu/project/18-9390?tab=camera.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2018, 5:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
Thanks! Looking great!

Old Posted Dec 28, 2018, 6:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller5 View Post

The fencing is up around 75 E Broadway!

Old Posted Dec 28, 2018, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsaturn View Post
The fencing is up around 75 E Broadway!
Nice! The documents on PRO must be under a mystery address. We'll figure it out eventually.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2019, 5:29 PM

Missed this last month, but Rio Nuevo posted some info about their investment in the Broadway Volvo site project along with a (very artful) rendering.

https://rionuevo.org/rio-nuevo-agree...-site-project/

Old Posted Jan 5, 2019, 3:07 PM

I know this has been said before but I want to continue to say thank you to Kaneui
for continuously updating the Tucson post and letting us see and read about the latest Tucson development in a more condensed version. Thanks!

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...&postcount=788

Old Posted Jan 5, 2019, 4:06 PM

Quote:
I know this has been said before but I want to continue to say thank you to Kaneui
for continuously updating the Tucson post and letting us see and read about the latest Tucson development in a more condensed version. Thanks!

Ditto. Thanks.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2019, 10:01 PM

Final update: Tucson development list

Quote:

With this month marking ten years since I posted my initial Tucson development list, I will be stepping away from doing any further updates. When I first created the list, the recession had just begun and development activity was slowing to a crawl. Contrast that with today, where there is much more momentum in the whole region, especially the downtown.

The list was never meant to be a comprehensive one, but it did cover most of the projects in the downtown/UofA/streetcar corridor, with a few others thrown in. It's been a good run, but time for me to let it go.

As was mentioned in an earlier post, there are numerous other sources for local development information, so those who are interested can keep abreast of current and proposed projects.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneui View Post
With this month marking ten years since I posted my initial Tucson development list, I will be stepping away from doing any further updates. When I first created the list, the recession had just begun and development activity was slowing to a crawl. Contrast that with today, where there is much more momentum in the whole region, especially the downtown.

The list was never meant to be a comprehensive one, but it did cover most of the projects in the downtown/UofA/streetcar corridor, with a few others thrown in. It's been a good run, but time for me to let it go.

As was mentioned in an earlier post, there are numerous other sources for local development information, so those who are interested can keep abreast of current and proposed projects.
I don't live in Tucson (born there) but I've followed your updates over these last 10 years - well done and much appreciated! Take care...

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneui View Post

Thanks for keeping this going for as long as you did!

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 10:02 PM

Northwest Hospital has announced they plan to build a new hospital in Tucson’s east side, at the corner of Houghton & Old Spanish Trail.

Northwest Healthcare adds nearly 600 jobs

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 10:32 PM

The fencing around the 75 E Broadway lot is for Cultural Remediation work, so technically construction hasn't started.

May be that is why there is no permit?

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyabe View Post
The fencing around the 75 E Broadway lot is for Cultural Remediation work, so technically construction hasn't started.

May be that is why there is no permit?
Yeah, I don't think a permit is necessary for archaeological work, but it's a good sign nonetheless.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2019, 1:58 AM

News on 75 E. Broadway

Development of 12-story building in downtown Tucson moves forward with lease approval

The development of a 12-story building in downtown Tucson can move forward after the Pima County Board of Supervisors agreed to lease the property to the Rio Nuevo Multipurpose Facilities District.

The District will lease the property at 75 E. Broadway — which is the size of a city block — for $189,000 a year, with plans by the J.E. Dunn corporation to begin construction of the tower within the next year.

Plans for the multi-story tower call for between 150,000 and 250,000 square feet of office space, a 350-space parking garage and a mix of retail shops and restaurants on the ground floor and part of the alley between Congress and Broadway.

When construction is complete in what is expected to be two years, Rio Nuevo will purchase the property from the county for the appraised value, $2.7 million.

The county acquired the property in 2005 for $500,000 as part of the purchase of 97 E. Congress St.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2019, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
News on 75 E. Broadway

Development of 12-story building in downtown Tucson moves forward with lease approval

The development of a 12-story building in downtown Tucson can move forward after the Pima County Board of Supervisors agreed to lease the property to the Rio Nuevo Multipurpose Facilities District.

The District will lease the property at 75 E. Broadway — which is the size of a city block — for $189,000 a year, with plans by the J.E. Dunn corporation to begin construction of the tower within the next year.

Plans for the multi-story tower call for between 150,000 and 250,000 square feet of office space, a 350-space parking garage and a mix of retail shops and restaurants on the ground floor and part of the alley between Congress and Broadway.

When construction is complete in what is expected to be two years, Rio Nuevo will purchase the property from the county for the appraised value, $2.7 million.

The county acquired the property in 2005 for $500,000 as part of the purchase of 97 E. Congress St.
any new development in Tucson is great but, ugh, another blown chance at a true tall...sigh

Old Posted Jan 10, 2019, 7:03 PM

Financial feasibility is important. It was marketed as taller and this is all the market would bear. They blew an opportunity to overbuild and fail.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest