HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 4:04 PM

Downtown - Some Main Street Projects by Steven07

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevena07 View Post
Some pics of 222 S Main from the 7th (friday)

Its kinda hard to see the crane in this pic

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 6:16 PM

Downtown - Temple Square Campus - Update on Records Library

Also, Thanks T-Mac for giving us a good corner shot on the new records library yesterday. I think this building is going to be very attractive from the corner view.
The sides will work just fine with the attractive street level windows, quality stone/granite paneling, and landscaping. Again, I think the corner design is worth a big thumbs-up.

T-Mac

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 8:51 PM

Downtown - City Creek Skybridge Proposals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post
found this....

March 13th...

skybridge dimensions

130 feet long, 28 feet wide,

http://www.slcgov.com/council/agenda...3/031308A1.pdf

this even made it on there on page 251 if i recall.. you can read through there to see there comments, its over 300 pages... too much of a read on my lunch break.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 12:04 AM

Downtown Projects - Updates - by T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
Photos from today.

Oddfellows Hall getting ready for her move.

Broadway Park Lofts

allen millo.com

T-Mac

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 1:12 PM

Wasatch Front Metro / Ogden - Salt Lake City - Provo - 2.2 million

Salt Lake City Metro - Southern Metro Urban Views

Utah Valley University Campus

All pics AlpineVillage.com

Provo - Alpine Village - Newly Completed

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/258310/18/

Mario Ruiz/Daily Herald

Community Overview and Site Plan

Progress Photos

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 4:05 PM
Bring out the cranes...

I forgot all about the Alpine Village project. That's coming alone nice. I took some pics of it a while back. I'll see if I can find those.
I remember that same site used to be a Reams store back in the day.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 5:11 PM

Yeah, I had forgotten about it too Projects. I just kind of ran across it by accident this morning. It's a fairly nice looking project, with some good density for that area.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 8:24 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Yeah, I had forgotten about it too Projects. I just kind of ran across it by accident this morning. It's a fairly nice looking project, with some good density for that area.

True, I like how there is underground parking. The building is huge! If anything it looks more "Park City" then "Provo". LOL

Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 10:32 PM

You're right, it looks like one of the big lodges up at The Canyons or Park City. I think I like that for Provo, being that it has so many beautiful mountains hovering over it.

The Canyons Ski Resort

orbitz.com

Last edited by delts145; Mar 12, 2008 at 4:00 AM.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 4:07 AM

Very Cool Way to get a Very Cool Perspective

Quote:
I stumbled across this cool site...

check it out..We should get one

photos courtesy of the site below

http://www.flyingsensors.com

could you imagine the fun we could have with one of those
lol

Check out more on the CCC center page...
Quote:
found a cool site called

http://www.flyingsensors.com

they take aerial photos for advertising.

they have snapped photos of the CCC center once a month to keep track of progress.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 12:48 PM

lifeinthevalley.com
Downtown Adj. - University Hospital Expansion by SLC Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
The other day i went up to the "U or U" and notice a few new cranes. I found them to be at the University Hospital. As i got up there i noticed alot of work has already been done with the ground, out the front is dug out to makeway for underground parking i'm guessing.
I don't know much about this project other then there will be two wings added on. One on the eastside to be 5-stoies and the other on the westside to be 6-stories. And that the new expanison will open in 2009

Below are some pics of this project.

This is what the Hospital used to look like during the 90's.

Univ. of Utah

And these are renderings of what the building will look like once it's finish in 2009.

Univ. of Utah
University Hospital Expansion
University of Utah Hospital is undertaking its second expansion in 5 years. The hospital's expansion will enable us to meet our increasing demand for patient care while continuing our mission to advance education and research. Additionally, the expansion supports our institution's strategic plan by increasing the number of private rooms - all for the optimal care and comfort of our patients and families.

Univ. of Utah
Expansion Overview
In July 2006, University Hospital began construction of the 280,000 square foot expansion of its clinical services and physical facility. In July 2007, we completed phase one which added two floors to the George S. and Dolores Dore Eccles Critical Care Pavilion and three floors of additional parking to the parking terrace north of the Eccles Critical Care Pavilion. AirMed resumed operations from its helipad on the top level of this parking structure.

The Patient Care Pavilion at University Hospital
Phase two of the project -- the construction of a new Patient Care Pavilion, is well underway. This pavilion will be a five-story above ground/two story underground; 221,329 square foot building that will mirror the Eccles Critical Care Pavilion to the east. It will be built to the north and west of the current entrance to the hospital and will create a new entry and lobby to University Hospital. The expansion will include 120 private patient rooms, shelled space for future growth, cafeteria, and updated mechanical services for the hospital.

Concurrent to the Patient Care Pavilion construction, existing patient care units in the hospital with semi-private rooms will be systematically remodeled into private rooms resembling the private rooms in the new Pavilion - matching the quality of our facility to the outstanding quality of our care.

The Patient Care Pavilion is being built to serve the needs of in-patients and to support the development and growth of critical service lines, including cardiovascular services, surgical services, and the neurosciences.

Last edited by delts145; Mar 12, 2008 at 1:00 PM.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 5:25 PM
Bring out the cranes...

What's going right in Utah?

"What's going RIGHT in Utah?"

What's Going Right In Utah?" KSL's weeklong look at the good things happening in our economy, jobs and the marketplace.

The old saying about Utah is that we're a couple of years behind the rest of the country when it comes to trends. And that may actually be true when it comes to Utah's economy. While the rest of the country has been suffering through an economic downturn the last year, Utah continues to grow. Economist Austin Sargent with the Department of Workforce Services says there's a good reason why.

He says, "It's largely our demographic makeup is so much different than every other state. We have a much younger population. We've had much more household formation, and that's what was benefiting our housing market."

And along with keeping the housing market stable, Utah's job market has been very strong. With an unemployment rate well belong the national average, there has been virtually full employment in Utah. Sargent says job growth has been very strong. "Over about a 45 year period we average about 3 percent, and we've just dipped below that now. But for the last three years we've been well above that and it was a very healthy market since we came out of the last recession," Sargent says.

He says the Utah economy isn't bulletproof. We'll see some declines as the national economy slows even further. But he thinks we'll do a lot better than the rest of the country.

Sargent says, "We anticipate our job market will continue to be one of the better ones in the nation. We won't know if we're in a real recession until after it's happened because of the way the data is measured. But even if we're not, we're going to be very, very slow growing, and we think Utah will exceed the nation's growth."

Sargent predicts the fundamentals of Utah's economy will continue to be healthy.

Utah saw phenomenal economic growth in the past couple of years. In fact, we led the nation in many categories in 2007. Experts on the economy say we will see a slowdown in Utah in 2008 and 2009, but not as bad as the rest of the country. One big reason for that is major development in downtown Salt Lake City.

Natalie Gochner is the CEO of the Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce. She says, "What you see in downtown Salt Lake is about 55 projects that are either almost started or will be started very soon. So City Creek Center is one of many, and you get a lot of boost from the money that's spent to pay for the supplies and the workers wages that are working on it."

She says projects like the City Creek Center will pump $3 billion into the local economy over the next five years. And projects like the new high rise at 222 S. Main St. are bringing in "new" money. She says, "Private investors from out of state who are investing in our economy. So you get a real bump out of the higher wages, the supplies that are purchased, the investment locally."

That will help sustain Utah's economy through the next few lean years. And Gochner says in some ways, we will benefit from the national downturn.

"The other thing you see is lower interest rates, which is happening nationally as the fed is adjusting to what looks like a darkening U.S. economy. So Utah's in this fortunate situation where we're not as bad as the rest of the country, but our national leaders are making decisions that make our economy stronger."

Gochner says even though some economic sectors in Utah will feel more pain than others in the next two years, we'll get through it in much better shape than other parts of the country.

Salt Lake's City Creek construction and the rest of the Downtown Rising projects will help get Utah over the hump, as the national economy hits the skids. It's also sparked an interest in people who live downtown. Bill Knowles is the ombudsman for Downtown Rising.

"Sitting in this office the last couple of months, that's where most of the interest and a lot of the questions have come from, is people looking at these residential developments. Definitely there's a lot of interest."

In the last 10 years there's been a sharp increase in the number of condos in and around the downtown Salt Lake area, complementing the already existing American Towers. And Bob Farrington with the Downtown Alliance says retail sales downtown are at an all-time high. Despite the construction, people are coming downtown.

"Restaurants and entertainment, dining, night life has taken a big bump up. So that's been a big economic driver."

And Farrington believes with all the projects that are in the works, the timing couldn't be better.

"I think the anticipation would be if we have a slowdown in our economy now, by the time these projects come online I think they'll be hitting it right at the sweet spot, when our whole national economy is recovering."

Knowles and Farrington also say that as the city develops an arts and cultural center on the blocks south of City Creek, it will be even more attractive not only to people, but businesses as well.

Tomorrow we take a look at population growth in the state.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 6:31 PM

Downtown -

Quote:
a new project...

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 5:09 PM
Bring out the cranes...

City Creek Center Project Videos First Year.

October 2006-Feb. 2007
Part One

Video Link

Feb.- July 2007
Part Two

Video Link

July - Oct. 2007
Part Three
Video Link

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 5:32 PM

Very cool Projects, good idea to post those!!

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 11:23 PM

Pink sunrise over Metro Salt Lake's extraordinary city park, "The Wasatch."

by Willie Holdman
Salt Lake City - Sugarhouse - Redman Condos - Newly Completed.

A revitalized 1940’s warehouse has been reborn as a fresh, new concept in urban living. One of Salt Lake’s Premier Condominium Developments, ideally located in the coveted Sugar House central district. Redman Condominiums are a rare opportunity for 19 unique homeowners. Style, comfort and class await you. PRE-SALES begin in April 2008!

Link:http://www.redmancondos.com/pdf/203.pdf

Before Rehab.

Comrade Reynolds

New Class A offices recently completed to the immediate south

abcn.com

Sugarhouse Park and views to the immediate East

sugarhouse chamber

Last edited by delts145; Mar 16, 2008 at 12:48 AM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 1:06 PM

Wasatch Front Metro / Ogden - Salt Lake City - Provo - 2.2 million

A Prominent Davis County Feature: The Great Salt Lake / About the Lake:
The Great Salt Lake, the largest lake west of the Mississippi River, could fit the state of Rhode Island comfortably within its shores. It is a terminal lake (it has no outlet to the sea) and therefore, the level depends upon precipitation. The lake, in historic times, has varied from 4,192 to 4,212 feet above sea level. It is approximately 70 miles long and 30 miles wide. Its average depth is 13 feet. Maximum depth is 34 feet.

Salt Lake City Metro North - Davis County Conference Center - Recently Completed and Newly Expanding

davis area cvb

[The Davis Conference Center is a premiere high-tech meeting facility. With over 43,000 square feet(plus new expansion) of meeting space and integrated presentation amenities, wired and wireless high-speed internet access, and inspiring architecture, the Davis Conference Center is designed to deliver stellar results in a majestic setting.

Located just 19 miles north of Salt Lake City, the Davis Conference Center is nestled in the heart of thriving Layton, Utah. And, just off of Interstate 15, the Center is in an ideal location surround by everything you’d want in a resort destination.

Expansion:

The expansion comes in response to high use of the facility. “Studies are showing we are way ahead of our original projections on what our usage was going to be,” said Burton. “We thought it would be six or seven years, or even 10 years before expansion. Instead, the center will have been open less than four years by the time the addition is in use.

The centerpiece of the expansion is an 18,000-square-foot exhibit space area, which will allow for trade shows to be held, often in conjunction with conventions. That’s far bigger than the 12,000 square foot Meridian Ballroom, the next largest single space in the center. The new exhibit hall is built to handle semi-trucks and other heavy equipment.

Parting Shots / Sailing, a popular past-time on the Great Salt Lake

aslo.org

water.usgs.gov/boating

Little known fact: Utah has a large number of lakes within it's borders. Utah has the fifth largest amount of shorline of any State in the Nation.

Last edited by delts145; Mar 14, 2008 at 1:41 PM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post

Construction to begin on Salt Lake tower

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...261570,00.html

After more than a year of demolition work, construction crews will begin the building phase of the massive project this weekend by pouring the foundation for a 32-story residential tower..

Downtownrising.com

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 3:36 PM

Council seems content with downtown sky bridge

By Derek P. Jensen/The Salt Lake Tribune

Forget gerbil tubes, obstructed views and outdated design - criticism of Salt Lake City's downtown sky bridge suddenly seems conspicuous in its absence.
Following an updated video presentation of City Creek Center today by the developer Taubman Co., the City Council offered mostly praise and mild pet peeves for the multi-billion dollar mall makeover.
And members didn't say a peep about the Main Street sky bridge, pilloried by former Mayor Rocky Anderson as a "gerbil tube."
"This has got all the aspects of a good, walkable development," Councilman Van Turner lauded. "You've been listening to what the community said."
"You've really done a really tasteful job," said councilman and architect Soren Simonsen, adding later, "Ninety percent of my concerns have been addressed."
Councilman Eric Jergensen applauded the project for morphing "an incredible distance" from when it first was presented.
And new members J.T. Martin and Luke Garrott, considered wild cards in the ultimate bridge approval, said nothing.
The council took no official action today, but set April 1 for a vote on leasing the air space rights for the skywalk. More debate may come that night as well as next Tuesday when LDS Church presiding Bishop H. David Burton is scheduled to address the council on the church-owned development.
The latest design calls for a 140-foot skywalk with reeds etched into the glass except for the middle. Overhead panels will open, while interior benches may usher photo ops. The idea is to soak up urban sounds, restaurant smells and breezes, according to Taubman's vice president for planning and design Ron Loch, who called the experience "delightful."
Earlier this year, the Planning Commission recommended approval of the site plan, including the bridge, on a 6-3 vote. Chairman Matthew Wirthlin said that after 13 meetings over 15 months, commissioners were convinced the plan maximized retail options, offered a transparent sky bridge and kept the streetscape vibrant.
Today, Councilman Carlton Christensen asked what the downturn in the economy will do to potential leases. He was told the anchor tenants remain committed.
Council members also questioned whether City Creek could lure all its restaurants; whether crosswalks on State Street could be improved; and whether the project will paralyze the rest of downtown.
"It's what we call the Disneyland effect," explained Bruce Heckman, vice president of development for Taubman. He noted that while the theme park made money, people around Disneyland eventually made more.
"We have a very selfish interest in exactly that," he said. "It doesn't do us any good to have a very successful project that is in the middle of a wasteland."
Council members also wondered whether the Regent Street corridor could provide an attractive connection between City Creek and Gallivan Plaza. Loch said yes before joking they could name it "Bordello Boulevard," a nod to the strip's seedy past.
Without elaborating, the developers also named 2012 as the completion date. Until now, they had reported late 2011.
In other council news:
A new foothill slope study, in the works for more than a year, says the capital's 30 percent slope standard for building regulations is appropriate. But consultants for Clarion Associates and Bear West offered a series of recommendations to protect the city's benches. They include: - Creating urban wildfire regulations such as fire breaks, more access roads and possible requirements for fire-resistant building materials.
- Considering tree and vegetarian protection.
- Clarifying vague language in zoning rules, which are effective but "piecemeal." - Plugging "gaps" such as Capitol Hill and the Avenues, which have inadequate slope restrictions.

DowntownRising.com

Last edited by delts145; Mar 17, 2008 at 2:07 PM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 5:30 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Last edited by SLC Projects; Apr 10, 2011 at 8:36 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations