HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Dec 4, 2006, 1:44 AM

Portland Infill | North Portland

4040 N. Montana

Old Posted Dec 20, 2016, 7:33 AM

Early Assistance has been requested by MWA Architects for a project at 2133 N Argyle St:

Quote:
This project is for a mixed use/mixed income multi-family residential development. Approximately 15,000 sf commercial/retail with 215 apartment units.
A project at 5009 N Interstate Ave has been submitted for Type II Design Review by TVA Architects:

Quote:
Proposal is for new construction of multi-story apartment building. Existing buildings will be demolished.
A project at 8614 N Crawford St has been submitted for Type II Design Review by GBD Architects:

Quote:
Proposal is to build a five story multi-family residential development of approx. 157 apartments. The ground level includes the entry lobby, parking, utility spaces, walk-up apartments and amenity spaces. The second floor roof terrace will have an eco-roof and raised planter areas along with private terraces at each of the apartments facing the eco-roof.
A project at 6620 N Richmond Ave has been submitted for Type II Design Review by SERA Architects:

Quote:
Project is a new five story multi-family apartment building with one level of sub-grade parking.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 4:05 PM

Notice of a Type II Decision for 4018 N Williams:

http://www.portlandoregon.gov/index....46576&a=621584

Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 11:54 PM

A project at 33 N Fargo St has been submitted for Type II Design Review:

Quote:
New 5-story apartment building, with ground floor retail and underground parking
Early Assistance has been requested by Jones Architecture for a project at 8608 N Lombard St:

Quote:
New mixed-use building.
A project at 1332 N Skidmore St has been submitted for Type II Design Review by Holst Architecture:

Quote:
2 new mixed-use buildings, 158 apartment units, 59 parking spaces with underground parking. 2 mods requested: parking area setbacks and landscaping; standards for all bicycle parking.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 12:46 AM

A Pre-Application Conference has been scheduled by Ankrom Moisan Architects for the N Williams Center at 2156 N Williams Ave:

Quote:
Proposal is to demolish 2 existing one story commercial buildings. Build new affordable apartment project, 55′ tall, 5 story, 66 units, 78,000 sf, plus 2 story, 4 units, 5,000 sf with basement bike parking; total 70 units, 83,000 sf, 32 spaces. Exist community service use to remain, thus inst. Dev. Stds, CU.
A project at 919 N Cook St has been submitted for a Type II Adjustment review by Works Progress Architecture:

Quote:
Request is for an adjustment to loading standard for (1) standard a space to (1) standard b space. New core and shell, development of 4-story wood frame construction over a 2-story concrete podium/daylight baement level for workspace. Proposed wholesale or industrial service use on upper levels and proposed retail or office and parking on lower levels. Two stairs and one elevator accesses each floor. Project to be costructed on vacant lot.
A project at 3403 N Mississippi Ave has been submitted for building permit review by Holst Architecture:

Quote:
New 6 story, 214 apartment building with 126 basement & 17 ground level parking stalls and 2400 GSF retail space
A project at 6917 N Charleston Ave has been submitted for building permit review by Crescent Custom Homes:

Quote:
Construct new 3 story (4) unit apartment building with associated site work. 4.5 ft retaining wall
A building permit was issued to Studio 3 Architecture for the Cathedral Flats at 7228 N Burlington Ave:

Quote:
Construct new 2 story (24 unit) apartment building with associated site work

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 8:49 PM

Early Assistance has been requested by Jackson Main Architecture for a project at 3185 N Vancouver Ave:

Quote:
New 6-story mixed-use, group-living facility that includes parking, shared resident amenity spaces, and 240 living units.
Early Assistance has been requested for a project at 1627 N Willis Blvd:

Quote:
Construct new 4-story with basement 19-unit apartment building in the RH zone with 4:1 FAR map
Early Assistance has been requested by Jackson Main Architecture for a project at 177 N Failing St:

Quote:
5-story, mixed-use, group-living facility that includes shared residential amenty spaces and 84 living units.
A project at 7023 N Mohawk Ave has been submitted for building permit review by City Craft Development:

Quote:
New 2 story apartment building with 7 dwelling units with attached trash enclosure and sprinkler riser room, detached barbeque area, and associated sitework (same as 17-101237-co)
A project at 25 N Going St has been submitted for building permit review:

Quote:
New 3 story 6 plex and associated site work; approx 108 sq ft trash enclosure
A project at 1431 N Dekum St has been submitted for building permit review by CIDA Architects:

Quote:
New 4 story, 30 unit apartment building, no onsite parking, trash room on first floor , includes associated sitework
A project at 3917 N Mississippi Ave St has been submitted for building permit review by Integrate Architecture & Planning:

Quote:
Shell permit – new 3,799 s.f. two story building at south side of existing commercial building, includes patio/terrace areas, two new toilet rooms, and attached trash enclosure
A building permit was issued to Studio 3 Architecture for a project at 3956 N Vancouver Ave:

Quote:
New 5 story mixed-use building. Ground floor commercial and parking with 87 residential units above.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 8:54 PM

Both the projects for which Jackson Main Architecture went in for Early Assistance last week are on land owned by Solterra, for which they had projects in design review / building permit review. I'm not privvy to the details, but know they ran into financial trouble last year and laid off most (if not all) of their architectural staff. I guess this confirms that their in-development projects won't be progressing.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2017, 5:16 PM

The DJC picked this story up:

Quote:
SolTerra splits, lays off architects

Sustainability-focused Portland design-build firm SolTerra has split into two businesses and laid off design professionals.

Co-founders James Wong and Brian Heather will run separate firms, the company confirmed Friday.

SolTerra’s designated spokeswoman declined to answer questions, but issued a 150-word statement.

“SolTerra’s owners have decided to divide the company into two operating entities to bring greater focus to the core strengths of each,” the statement reads. “These entities are cooperating with each other but have different business models.”
Heather will run a company focused on solar energy and living walls, as well as the development of several in-progress real estate projects, according to the statement.

“Brian Heather has decided to continue to carry out his mission to connect people to nature, create stronger communities, and make a positive impact on the earth,” it reads.

The entity headed by Wong will focus on development of multifamily projects in the Seattle and Portland areas. It will “create beautiful, vibrant communities that residents can be proud to call home.”
...continues at the DJC (no paywall).

Old Posted Jan 22, 2017, 12:48 AM
Submarine de Nucléar

That may explain why their HQ construction has been stalled for a few months.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 8:59 PM

Notice of a Type II Proposal for 6620 N Richmond Avenue

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Notice of a Type II Proposal for 6620 N Richmond Avenue

Interesting location...

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 8:43 PM

Early Assistance has been requested by DECA Architecture for a project at 8355 N Interstate Ave:

Quote:
Conversion of motel to apartments. Minor changes include: New walls, doors, lighting, paint, signage, and new finishes.
A project at 4620 N Maryland Ave has been submitted for building permit review by City Craft Development:

Quote:
New 3 story apartment building with 32units, with site improvements, inerior trash rooms, and on site parking; 8 ft fence
A project at 7031 N Mohawk Ave has been submitted for building permit review by City Craft Development:

Quote:
New 2 story apartment building with 7 dwelling units with attached trash enclosure and sprinkler riser room, detached barbeque area, and associated sitework (same as 17-101236-CO)
A project at 4018 N Williams Ave has been submitted for building permit review:

Quote:
New 5 story mixed use building; retail on first floor; 4 stories of 64 residential apartments; tuck under parking; associated site work

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 8:45 PM

A building permit was issued to Works Progress Architecture for a project at 3303 N Mississippi Ave / 919 N Cook St:

Quote:
New construction of 6 story mixed use building with loading on first floor and industrial service uses in remainder (office)

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 9:56 PM

Quote:
A building permit was issued to Works Progress Architecture for a project at 3303 N Mississippi Ave / 919 N Cook St:
Interesting, this is that small chunk of property on the south side of the planned Holst apartment project at Fremont/Mississippi. The only rendering I've seen (can't find anything online in a brief search) is on the graffiti-covered sign onsite, which has been there for a long time. I assumed the project was dead but I guess not -- wonder if they have a signed tenant?

Old Posted Feb 11, 2017, 1:57 AM

Notice of a Type II Decision on 3403 N Mississippi.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2017, 2:46 AM

Quote:
Notice of a Type II Decision on 3403 N Mississippi.
Excellent news.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2017, 1:27 AM

Notice of a Type II Decision on 3928 N Williams

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 8:42 PM

A project at 4073 N Williams Ave has been submitted for building permit review by William Kaven Architecture:

Quote:
New 4 story mixed use building parking on ground floor with retail and office two through four; enclosed transformer at southwest corner; associated site work; shell only for retail space on first floor

Old Posted Mar 18, 2017, 7:01 AM

A project at 4806 N Maryland Ave has been submitted for building permit review:

Quote:
New Construction Of 10500sf, 6unit Apartment Building With New 45sf Trash Enclosure.
Early Assistance has been requested by Michael Etzel Design for a project at 1515 N Rosa Parks Way:

Quote:
Proposal for a three story mixed use structure with 14 residential units arranged around a courtyard. Wood construction on strip footings. One ground floor retail unit.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 7:51 PM

From Works Progress Architecture's website:

I'm amazed they can fit this much building onto such a small site.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland