HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 3:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
I have a hard time buying the argument that flights are the main reason. If Prince Albert is the main mine site, that area is better connected to Saskatoon than Edmonton.

Finding the people with the correct skills may be a more viable reason.
I think OP meant that the business connections from Alberta are better than Saskatoon. If you want to have a meeting with someone from America in Saskatoon, the multiple connections it would take would be a big headache. I think that's part of the reason why the new Potashcorp/Atrium merger will be based in Calgary.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 9:56 PM

Hi. Jumping over here from the Regina thread.

What's the general consensus from Saskatonians on Red Swan Pizza? They've announced they're opening up an franchise location in Regina soon. Any good?

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
I have a hard time buying the argument that flights are the main reason. If Prince Albert is the main mine site, that area is better connected to Saskatoon than Edmonton.

Finding the people with the correct skills may be a more viable reason.
Rents in Calgary are one third of what they were a few years ago.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:04 PM

Yeah thats true Stormer. I did read an article a while back (although I forget where) about how Calgary's huge office vaccancy will take businesses from across Canada and esspecially hurt Saskatchewans cities. Good office space in Saskatoon is at a premium until some of these new towers get built. I think once these A or A+ class building start getting built downtown here that there will be a big shift in pricing in the lower classes as businesses reposition themselves in the core which might help us.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:17 PM

Yes according to colliers Calgary had rents as high as $40/sqft in Q4 2012 and now in Q2 of 2017 it is $14.50 with 27% vacancy

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan