HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Salesforce Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 6:15 PM

View from Civic Center 06/06/2017

I just returned from Paris, France and see a lot has happened and is happening! Here is a view from my apartment in the Civic Center.

Salesforce Tower 06/06/2017

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
I just returned from Paris, France and see a lot has happened and is happening! Here is a view from my apartment in the Civic Center.

Salesforce Tower 06/06/2017
Lol. With a view like that, why would you need to travel anywhere else? I would be satisfied just looking out my window.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justbuildit View Post
Lol. With a view like that, why would you need to travel anywhere else? I would be satisfied just looking out my window.
He's using a pretty long lense for the shot. He'd need to be an eagle to see it that way out the window.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 9:11 PM
Build Baby Build

Excellent pictures! I am making a guess that the West crane will keep coming down these next few days and will be actually dismantled this Saturday/Sunday. When that is finished the cladding will be able to achieve 2/3rds wrap by the end of June, assuming their focus isn't shifted elsewhere.

It seems that the cranes have been helping to assemble a few pieces of the crown, particularly the middle pieces. I wonder if the remaining crane will have the reach to install the West middle piece (the view from Jerry), or if they will have some other system to lift it with.

I can see SF tower from my window from a closer vantage point than Jerry, but I have a tree blocking it (especially now that the leaves have filled in)..not very good for picture taking.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
I can see SF tower from my window from a closer vantage point than Jerry, but I have a tree blocking it (especially now that the leaves have filled in)..not very good for picture taking.
Damn tree! Time to get a chainsaw!

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 1:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
Excellent pictures! I am making a guess that the West crane will keep coming down these next few days and will be actually dismantled this Saturday/Sunday. When that is finished the cladding will be able to achieve 2/3rds wrap by the end of June, assuming their focus isn't shifted elsewhere.

It seems that the cranes have been helping to assemble a few pieces of the crown, particularly the middle pieces. I wonder if the remaining crane will have the reach to install the West middle piece (the view from Jerry), or if they will have some other system to lift it with.

It looks like they're using some of the pieces of the other crane to lift the crane up above the tower. I'd assume that's the only way they can complete the crane. Wonder how much taller they can make it without reinforcements though.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 2:23 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

this whole project is quite a thrill. wow its almost there.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 4:41 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRinconHill View Post
It looks like they're using some of the pieces of the other crane to lift the crane up above the tower. I'd assume that's the only way they can complete the crane. Wonder how much taller they can make it without reinforcements though.
Let's hope they thought that through very well! We've already had a very bad crane accident here and this one would be infinitely worse.

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-11-..._1_crane-falls

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/11/29/us...francisco.html

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 4:55 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
Where were the last two taken at? I love how the skyscrapers loom over in the background, like the giant buildings they are, except you have tiny homes for context.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
Where were the last two taken at? I love how the skyscrapers loom over in the background, like the giant buildings they are, except you have tiny homes for context.
It looks like the park north of Ghirardelli Square

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 7:09 PM

View of Salesforce 06/07/2017 From the Civic Center

This is the view from my bed on the 27th floor of the Essex Fox Plaza. Forty six years ago the view was quite different! I used to see the four towers of the San Francisco bay bridge.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/VvEoEm]

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 7:57 PM
Build Baby Build

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 8:03 PM
SimCity World Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
The pic with Coit Tower was taken near Pier 39. You can see the parking garage in the foreground. The pic with the Pyramid was taken from the pier at Aquatic Park.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2017, 11:53 PM

Lots of people have taken this shot (and with better equipment than my iphone) but I took it so here it is:

Taken by me today.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2017, 12:17 AM

to Pedestrian: Hey it looks great ! Just fine taken as is. Grey skies totally make the 3 towers look darker and (sleeker?). The white awnings on Salesforce disappear completely from the angle you took the photo.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2017, 6:15 AM
SimCity World Champ

Walked by at 11:00 tonight and they were hanging curtain wall where the construction elevator used to be. They're really working 24/7.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2017, 12:05 AM

Bank of America tower just ruined that picture (after the Coit tower pic). Salesforce seems to be a much better dance partner in that picture than does BofA. Yeah BofA is a tall building and is part of the city's hallmark, but I wouldn't miss it if somehow a meteor obliterated it and happened not to destroy anything else around it and there would be no loss of life of course and ... well maybe 345 California, too, while we're at it. Ha ! Just wishful thinking

Old Posted Jun 9, 2017, 6:42 PM

This has turned out wonderfully. This may be my favorite of the Pelli type towers (plenty have been posted throughout this thread as everyone knows). WAAAYYY better than the one in Santiago!

I will admit, this was my favorite pic when the poll was out for the three proposals way back when.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2017, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCitySFO View Post
Bank of America tower just ruined that picture (after the Coit tower pic). Salesforce seems to be a much better dance partner in that picture than does BofA. Yeah BofA is a tall building and is part of the city's hallmark, but I wouldn't miss it if somehow a meteor obliterated it and happened not to destroy anything else around it and there would be no loss of life of course and ... well maybe 345 California, too, while we're at it. Ha ! Just wishful thinking
For me, the former BofA building holds up better than most buildings of its time.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2017, 11:01 PM
Build Baby Build

Note the bottom left.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture