HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 29, 2016, 7:54 PM

I believe the majority of you are correct in the way he treated unfairly some of the communities in this city like a Trump supporter, but he also got this city to quit thinking of itself as a small prairie hick community. That may offend some of you but I have been in this city for 61 years and have seen alot of changes, and not all for the better. Some councilors of the past would have liked to have seen Saskatoon stay in the 50's or like some of said "we came here from a big city because this wasn't one" lmao hopefully some of these youngsters can keep the city moving forward in a positive and progressive way. Atch had his place in time when Saskatoon needed someone like him now we move on. If not I guess there's always the next election.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 3:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bess View Post
I believe the majority of you are correct in the way he treated unfairly some of the communities in this city like a Trump supporter, but he also got this city to quit thinking of itself as a small prairie hick community. That may offend some of you but I have been in this city for 61 years and have seen alot of changes, and not all for the better. Some councilors of the past would have liked to have seen Saskatoon stay in the 50's or like some of said "we came here from a big city because this wasn't one" lmao hopefully some of these youngsters can keep the city moving forward in a positive and progressive way. Atch had his place in time when Saskatoon needed someone like him now we move on. If not I guess there's always the next election.
Indeed. While overall I did not like his leadership I appreciated Atchison's almost-obsessive drive to see Saskatoon become a major city in Canada. He did a lot to increase our presence nationwide and begin our transformation from a small-minded city to a bigger one, but his vision only goes so far.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan